E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 04:20 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='215672
Originally Posted by eggz' post='215658' date='Dec 26 2005, 09:28 PM
Congrats Ed, you'll be at Russo's on 28th?..cool, I'll go in for a car wash What time you going? am or pm? Woohoo, the only M6 in Singapore!!
Will be there from 10am till probably 4pm. Going in for the full works. You can get Russo to show you around if I'm not there.
Let the groom rest, we can help ourselves Must find an excuse to go down. Russ, any more slot that day?
[/quote]

Slot? Sure thing. You not working tomorrow meh?
Old 12-27-2005, 04:52 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='215659' date='Dec 26 2005, 07:48 AM
Will be there from 10am till probably 4pm. Going in for the full works. You can get Russo to show you around if I'm not there.
Cool! see you there at 10am, I'm on leave till the end of the year so very free!
Old 12-27-2005, 05:19 AM
Senior Members

Okay. Picked up the M today. Wet affair. David the trainer taught me a few things about the SMG, etc. Drove a few clicks with him in the car. Felt really nervous and the SMG is so difficult to adapt to; especially if you're coming from a steptronic. This car needs some getting used to. Gotta shelf the 545 for a while whilst I run this thing in. PML doesn't want me to book the 545 in just yet; just in case.

This car is definitely a head turner. I stopped at the main entrance of Sime Darby Ctr for a puff. Then, an English accent speaking Indian saw the car and it was like he'd seen a football star. He kept shouting, "OH MY GOD; OH MY F*&^#ING GOD!!!" as he approached hurriedly towards the car. Fortunately for me he didn't get down on his knees and kiss the bumper. He is apparently negotiating an M5. I saw a few BMWs tailgating me whilst I was driving back and then again on an errand for my wife.

My wife really dislikes the car. She got bumped on the head whilst getting in and out. I actually hit the parked car next to me twice whilst opening the door; really long door.

Let me get used to the SMG, run it in and then we can talk about joy rides; I'm definitely not qualified to give anyone any ride just yet - for fear of ruining you guys' impression of the car.

Will post some pictures after going thru Russo's Spa treatment.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:03 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='215929' date='Dec 27 2005, 10:19 PM
Okay. Picked up the M today. Wet affair. David the trainer taught me a few things about the SMG, etc. Drove a few clicks with him in the car. Felt really nervous and the SMG is so difficult to adapt to; especially if you're coming from a steptronic. This car needs some getting used to. Gotta shelf the 545 for a while whilst I run this thing in. PML doesn't want me to book the 545 in just yet; just in case.

This car is definitely a head turner. I stopped at the main entrance of Sime Darby Ctr for a puff. Then, an English accent speaking Indian saw the car and it was like he'd seen a football star. He kept shouting, "OH MY GOD; OH MY F*&^#ING GOD!!!" as he approached hurriedly towards the car. Fortunately for me he didn't get down on his knees and kiss the bumper. He is apparently negotiating an M5. I saw a few BMWs tailgating me whilst I was driving back and then again on an errand for my wife.

My wife really dislikes the car. She got bumped on the head whilst getting in and out. I actually hit the parked car next to me twice whilst opening the door; really long door.

Let me get used to the SMG, run it in and then we can talk about joy rides; I'm definitely not qualified to give anyone any ride just yet - for fear of ruining you guys' impression of the car.

Ed , i think i might react the same way as the indian if i were to see your M6..... hehehe...... gosh, cant wait for u to post some pics.... QUICK QUICK !!!!
Old 12-27-2005, 06:05 AM
lmk
Contributors

hey! can i book a place for a joy ride....doesn't really matter whether you aren't a good driver though...just want a feel in this pretty thing! i will sit in it quietly...i promise!
Old 12-27-2005, 06:38 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='215770
oh ya.. Happy birthday! what a birthday present you got there!

Originally Posted by lmk' post='215756' date='Dec 27 2005, 09:07 AM
Happy Birthday and congrats, Ed!
Huh? That was one month ago!!!

Ha....ha....ha....
[/quote]

aiya... missed the month..i'd have guess the significance of the 27th and pick up date!
hahaha now you got all the coveted attention... gotta push the sucker to the limit? enjoy!
Old 12-27-2005, 03:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 523i (JetBlack)

You will get use to it sooner than you've thought. I will spent more time in this car than on my bed if I do own 1. Btw, what was the colour of your M6, also you can now update your signature. Cheers.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:12 PM
Senior Members

Edlee...if i c the car i wud do more than the indian man..i wud take of my pants and get my orgasm! ok here is a tip for the SMG. b4 u shift up...u lift ur throttle off very slightly...ie less than 1cm....otherwise ur car will jerk...much like a manual. when u clutch in...u release the throttle right? in this case...u just lift off about 1cm..for smooth delivery. ok see u at ministry of sound tonite...i need to borrow u and ur car to pick up 4 chicks at one go.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:18 PM
Members

congrats ed..admire your patience to tahan until 27th to pick up m.must be some auspicious number 27.

russell can i be your worker for today..hahaha.

so when run in lets convoy up hehehe
Old 12-28-2005, 12:19 AM
Members

Test drove the E60 523i to get a feel of how it compared to E60 520i. Following are my observations:

1. Engine a lot smoother and quieter
2. Perceptible increase in power, especially during pull off
3. Run flat tyres on 17 inc rim bearable noise level and ride is firm
4. No squeaking noise heard
5. Lack of active steering not missed
6. New standard features are good - PDC, bootlid release button, rear auto blind, etc

PML now also offers the E60 523i Individual. You can opt for a different wood panel which is very classy.

Price of E60 523i currently at S$172K is a steal. However, for current E60 520i owners, unless you have a lot of spare cash, it may not be worth it to switch to E60523i as the loss on your existing car will be very steep. Those who bought the E60 520i in Dec 2003 will suffer a loss of about S$70K in the short 2-year period.

My advice is not to rush into upgrading from E60 520i to E60 523i but to wait for the facelift 5 series. That should come in about 2 years by which time the first batch of E60 520i will be about 4 to 5 years old which is a good time to consider upgrading.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans