E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 04:41 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

merry christmas every one.

do be careful of other drivers.my bros car just got literally squashed by a cement truck.rammed into his back both rear and front gone chain collision coming to red traffic light stop.the bugger couldnt stop in time.luckily no injuries.

car write off for sure.
sometimes being careful yourself still not enough!!!
Old 12-25-2005, 06:06 AM
Senior Members

Merry Christmas bros!!!

Don't comment someone so openly in the public lah, he is not so bad afterall that no one here quit BMW as yet, we still see many upgraders here. Why not we hold another session with RF and the German guy from BMW Asia? Perhaps during this closed door session then we can thrash things out with them again. And hopefully Gshock can have a satisfactory answer from them.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:16 AM
Senior Members

Tategoi,

It seems like another session with Thorsten and his kakis is long overdue.

My ride has one new annoying problem - both rear doors did not lock after driving off - it has happened 5 to 6 times already, intermittently though A couple of times, remote key lock also did not see the rear doors locked
Old 12-25-2005, 08:27 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='215480' date='Dec 25 2005, 11:06 PM
Merry Christmas bros!!!

Don't comment someone so openly in the public lah, he is not so bad afterall that no one here quit BMW as yet, we still see many upgraders here. Why not we hold another session with RF and the German guy from BMW Asia? Perhaps during this closed door session then we can thrash things out with them again. And hopefully Gshock can have a satisfactory answer from them.
Merry X-mas!
tate, obviously you have not encountered what we have with that particular individual.
well, for me, I am sticking with bimmer becoz the way it drives and nothing else. (Sucks though now that the e60 are everywhere. Stop anytime at traffic lights, there will be 3 to 4 here and there. )
I won't switch marque just becoz some characters in the dealership also so far I haven't found another marque that content me. I test drove the CLS350 recently thinking i might like it and as it still rare, darn..it was not even close. if you read the bmw.sg thread on PML vs. the rest in sg. no one is singing the song for PML. it is the case of love the bimmer but hate PML for most of owners. for me, it is long and painstaking r/s building that works for me.

Olivin, sorry to hear your ride kept acting up. mine is into third year now, i dread things will fall apart once the 3rd year is up and if i decided to keep the car beyond 3 years which i have never done for all my previous rides.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:27 PM
Senior Members

Merry Christmas to everyone here!!!

Picking up the new 27 tomorrow. Will post pictures within the week.
Old 12-25-2005, 05:13 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' post='215483' date='Dec 25 2005, 09:16 AM
Tategoi,

It seems like another session with Thorsten and his kakis is long overdue.

My ride has one new annoying problem - both rear doors did not lock after driving off - it has happened 5 to 6 times already, intermittently though A couple of times, remote key lock also did not see the rear doors locked
olivin i hv the same problem too..but i m ignoring it. they cant seem to be able to fix that up....frankly i may junk the car soon.....

i luv the ride n handling...even more so after my fabulous kuantan drive. the car is simply phenomenal power wise and in its ability to track whatever u throw at it. simply the best thru those B roads. u guys shud try it. NS hway cant compare....there were stretches where i can pull across 8,9, 10 cars to overtake. for the record..the longest move i made was 12 vehicles..on a long up slope. most of the other cars just stayed back and hope for the lorry to turn off...soon...

actually we shud make a drive from to kota tinggi n then to desaru sugei ringit for seafood n come back...u need to experience these B roads on ur car.

despite all the above...i m negotiating on a new car right now...hehe its a secret for the moment. will know by end febuary...if i keep this or i trade it for new car. merry xmas to all...
Old 12-25-2005, 05:23 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by totoseow' post='215587' date='Dec 26 2005, 10:13 AM
despite all the above...i m negotiating on a new car right now...hehe its a secret for the moment. will know by end febuary...if i keep this or i trade it for new car. merry xmas to all...
An Emmy I suppose?
Old 12-26-2005, 01:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' post='215483
i luv the ride n handling...even more so after my fabulous kuantan drive. the car is simply phenomenal power wise and in its ability to track whatever u throw at it. simply the best thru those B roads. u guys shud try it. NS hway cant compare....there were stretches where i can pull across 8,9, 10 cars to overtake. for the record..the longest move i made was 12 vehicles..on a long up slope. most of the other cars just stayed back and hope for the lorry to turn off...soon...
You don't need a 530 to do that.

I just came back from Fraser hill, and had more bends than I needed. The distance between 2 bends was something like 50-100m. I tried going down without using the brakes (just the engine brakes). But I didn't go very fast cause my son was going to throw up.

I had a RX300 following me down, and I could see him crossing to the other of the road each time we came to a turn especially those tigher ones and I could keep mine in check with just engine brake.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='215582
Merry X-mas!
tate, obviously you have not encountered what we have with that particular individual.
well, for me, I am sticking with bimmer becoz the way it drives and nothing else. (Sucks though now that the e60 are everywhere. Stop anytime at traffic lights, there will be 3 to 4 here and there. )
I won't switch marque just becoz some characters in the dealership also so far I haven't found another marque that content me. I test drove the CLS350 recently thinking i might like it and as it still rare, darn..it was not even close. if you read the bmw.sg thread on PML vs. the rest in sg. no one is singing the song for PML. it is the case of love the bimmer but hate PML for most of owners. for me, it is long and painstaking r/s building that works for me.
Zag, I hope I will never encounter that experience

My flavour of the month is currently audio. Love the Plinius, and now finding it a partner. Just gotten an Ayre pre for home audition. Have also mail-ordered a passive Placette. Active or passive pre, any comment?
Old 12-26-2005, 03:53 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='215582' date='Dec 26 2005, 09:27 AM
Merry Christmas to everyone here!!!

Picking up the new 27 tomorrow. Will post pictures within the week.

congrats on the new 27 ed... couple more hours to go.... pls post pics soon ya.. or better, show us the real thing soon...!!!

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans