E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 05:49 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Yankee' post='253629' date='Mar 12 2006, 07:16 AM
count me in. Each type for each function, can have four pairs at home.
i'll help make up the numbers when/if it happens...
Old 03-12-2006, 08:58 AM
Senior Members

got the cf trims installed tonight. I quite like it so far. Will wait to see how it looks in the day.
I went with the black CF. as the silver ones, when i took a sample and placed it on the dash, was around noon then, it seems a little too reflective.
here are some pics. will take some daytime pics if i get a chance.

Found out the 10% discount period is only till end of May. So if you want to check out the look, give me a buzz.

their site is http://www.robson-design.com/

daytime shot - click for fullsize.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='253340' date='Mar 11 2006, 01:02 PM
I'm in Manchester right now. Be back on Thursday. Will get my Chinese agent to check if you're really interested
Edlee, have you spoken to Rob Young or any of the DMS folks? Just read a write up on the M5 DMS remap and they are seeing 548hp! holy crap..that's almost 50hp increase!
Old 03-13-2006, 06:31 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='253340' date='Mar 12 2006, 03:02 AM
I'm in Manchester right now. Be back on Thursday. Will get my Chinese agent to check if you're really interested
Hi Ed,
By any chance do you know who is taking over Robert Friend in After Sales Service?
Old 03-13-2006, 01:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='254185' date='Mar 13 2006, 11:31 PM
Hi Ed,
By any chance do you know who is taking over Robert Friend in After Sales Service?
Jeffery Lau is the most senior. Belinda Bay is the fastest emerging. Don't know leh. Maybe someone new? Thought of applying for the post...he...he...he
Old 03-14-2006, 05:02 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='254398' date='Mar 14 2006, 06:14 AM
Jeffery Lau is the most senior. Belinda Bay is the fastest emerging. Don't know leh. Maybe someone new? Thought of applying for the post...he...he...he
Aiyoh, if jeffery lau habis liao. I was not at all impressed by his capability and/or competency, and his PR skill and follow through pretty bad. I am more impressed by Dennis Sim. Belinda bay, no comment.

I can feel the air of unplesantness hovering above the after sales service down the road. Sigh....hope they have someone better to step up to the plate.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:24 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='254661' date='Mar 14 2006, 10:02 PM
Aiyoh, if jeffery lau habis liao.
Wah!!! Very discouraging. He's taken over my 545 case after another unsatisfactory visit to the workshop. He told me he would personally look into the case. I say man, really habis!!! S500 here I come!!! I'm really serious; I understand Torsten and another German from BMW together with Jeff are gonna look into my shaky problems. Something tells me they're conna come back and tell me that this is nothing compared to some 745 or X5 4.4 or maybe its because my backside is just too sensitive. Sad, really sad. I'll be back on Thursday; anyone know any good Cycle salesperson? I'm going for a test drive the moment I get a chance. As it is, I'm already speaking to Borneo for a test drive on their new IS to replace my ricketty E46; only two years old come 1 April, mind you.

I spent just shy of 1 million at PML over the last two years and now they stand a chance of losing my business forever.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:42 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='254807' date='Mar 14 2006, 02:24 PM
Wah!!! Very discouraging. He's taken over my 545 case after another unsatisfactory visit to the workshop. He told me he would personally look into the case. I say man, really habis!!! S500 here I come!!! I'm really serious; I understand Torsten and another German from BMW together with Jeff are gonna look into my shaky problems. Something tells me they're conna come back and tell me that this is nothing compared to some 745 or X5 4.4 or maybe its because my backside is just too sensitive. Sad, really sad. I'll be back on Thursday; anyone know any good Cycle salesperson? I'm going for a test drive the moment I get a chance. As it is, I'm already speaking to Borneo for a test drive on their new IS to replace my ricketty E46; only two years old come 1 April, mind you.

I spent just shy of 1 million at PML over the last two years and now they stand a chance of losing my business forever.

Anyone in the sales /marketing lines? What would you do after reading this post that you are going to lose another good and loyal customer?
Old 03-15-2006, 04:00 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='254807' date='Mar 15 2006, 03:24 AM

Two persons I will never want to hand over the car key to are Chin and Jeffery Lau. The reason I wasn't impressed with Jeffery was that he talks big, and projects as if he knows alot. In my case, there was this mild constant hissing sound emiting from the gear box when cruising around 60km/hr, and I wrote to Robert Friend for help. Jeffery was to handle my case at Kg Arang and he confidently declared the problem is a small matter and a non-issue, and despite I stressed that I was disappointed by past experience, he gave me 110% assurance that the problem will be fixed. Obviously it didn't.

He then test the car another time, and once again, confidently declared he knows exactly what need to be done, and order the job to replace certain parts. Alas, problem remained. What really irks me is his "ya ya" attitude, and from customer service pov, he has alot to learn to be more humble.

I got fed up and wrote to Robert, expressing my grave disappointment with Jeffery and Chin (he lagi worse. Mega blur and I would even term him "useless" and "hopeless").

Till today, the problem persists and Dennis now takes over. He is so much better in terms of service. Torsten inspected my car 2 weeks ago, claimed that the hissing sound is "charastertistic" of 525 only. What a load of crab. They claimed that another test car (525) has the same sound. I completely rejected their reasoning, and threatened to reject the car if the sound persists, arguing on the ground that no such sound is found on other models (523 or all other series), and even if so, I argue that the sales person fails to highlight this unusual "characteristic" sound before i buy this car. Also, if it is inherant, why on earth Jeffery order parts to be replaced? and claimed with 110% certainty that it was due to gear-housing unit inperfection, which can easily be overcome.

I am also not about to accept the hissing sound regardless (though very mild and not affecting the functionality or driveability of the car) when for the very least, I expect better build quality for investing $200+k. I argue that a basic japanese car wont have such issue.

Right now, another german guy from BMW Asia will inspect the car tomorrow morning with Torsten to confirm if anything out of ordinary and I got a feeling that they will still declare it is indeed "characteristic" of the 525. I am at the same time, seeking legal recourse if they stick to saying nothing wrong with it.

Right now, I just pray someone decent will assume Robert's role. As of today, Dennis still dont know who will take over After Sales Service after this month. If you have any outstanding issues, better ensure Robert hand over to the next person thoroughly. Else, the frustrations will start all over again. Sigh....BMW is good but PML really sucks.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:28 AM
lmk
Contributors

wah! is this time to go away from BMW?
i ran away from cycle and carriage to PML... now what????

Borneo M??? here i come???

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans