E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 05:38 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' post='255627' date='Mar 16 2006, 11:41 PM
Yes the freaking anti-friction tape - they currently have NO SOLUTION to the problem despite my changing to supposedly New Seals. It is strange that the 520 loaner from Hertz don't have this problem; in fact, the doors close with a firmer "thump"

Well, my verdict of CIP 20.02 - its not that bad leh! Maybe after being on a 520 for 9 days, the 530 is a change.
Our resident Stranger had recommended to apply ArmourAll Leather Conditioner onto the seal. I tried and no squeaks so far. I applied every 3-6 months, not sure if BMW or other conditioner work well.

How would we know the CIP version? I had my last update in the latter part of Feb.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:40 PM
Senior Members

26th March. Malacca and back.

1. Russo
2. Edlee
3. Tategoi (if we don't start too early )
Old 03-16-2006, 06:09 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' post='255627' date='Mar 16 2006, 11:41 PM
BTW, did you get the part (next to the charcoal filter) which is available on later cars? I asked the parts people and they cannot find it despite my providing the part number. They are still on it and will revert.

Well, my verdict of CIP 20.02 - its not that bad leh! Maybe after being on a 520 for 9 days, the 530 is a change.
yes... Charles should know that one. I got it on during the last service repair. It helps to stop leaves or trash going under the air filter.

1628, as i said, life is too short to be sweating on car. Hopefully you guys don't get too engross in it.
Attached Thumbnails E60 for Singaporeans-dsc_39892006_01_01.jpg  
Old 03-16-2006, 06:13 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='256054' date='Mar 17 2006, 10:40 AM
26th March. Malacca and back.

1. Russo
2. Edlee
3. Tategoi (if we don't start too early )
4. zag
Old 03-16-2006, 06:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' post='255627' date='Mar 16 2006, 10:41 AM
I have for the past few months being plague with the rear doors not locking after driving off. The 2 front doors lock alright, but the rears (both) would only lock intermittently. They have suspected it could be the key but when I swop with the spare, the problem persisted. Now, they are discussing if they should change the Car Access System (CAS).
Ovilin, I too have this irritating problems since 19.xx. I was hoping 20.xx or later CIP can solve this problem. Please keep us posted the solution. Maybe I will go down and bug them on this also.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:13 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='256053' date='Mar 16 2006, 09:38 PM
Our resident Stranger had recommended to apply ArmourAll Leather Conditioner onto the seal. I tried and no squeaks so far. I applied every 3-6 months, not sure if BMW or other conditioner work well.

How would we know the CIP version? I had my last update in the latter part of Feb.

where to buy this comditioner and where do u apply it exactly.ever since after installing the eibach springs the creaks are getting bad at the window to frame.

so wat time is the malacca outing?
Old 03-16-2006, 07:52 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='255708' date='Mar 17 2006, 01:52 AM
Wow!!! A rather large can of worms has just been opened!!! At the end of the day, its your money. The choice is always yours. Nobody forced anybody to buy a BMW or a Merc or a Lexus.

For me, I'd rather just quietly walk away from it all. No point voicing concerns to a Company that refuses to change. No point throwing away good money to invite stress. Why, the service good people at Alexandra all love me. I'm sure if I were to walk in to the service counter tomorrow, everyone of the CSO would run the 100m faster than Carl Lewis (away from me; as if I was infected with SARS) So at the end of the day, I asked myself; why bother? Why make yourself known as a difficult customer? Why become so notorious? Just walk away from it all.

I'd rather buy a 82K Korean car and live with the problems knowing I get what I am paying for than pay 317K for a then top of the range E60 German car expecting the best but end up receiving nothing I expect and live my days cursing my decision. I've been very fair; told my sales rep that this is THE last chance to get the problem (which incidentally began from the first day I had the 545) sorted out or erase my phone number from her ph address book.
Oh well, just being a pain in the butt for PML, and I am more than certain that my name is high on their "black list" by now. In anycase, I am not going to chew my tougue out but a case study for me on how well they handle nasty and difficuly customers, and frankly won't be surprised if they just turn a deaf ear.

I agree with you, no use stressing over such matter and not worth banging the head against the rock. However, it's a common scenario in high end establishments or service industries, where customer's expectations naturally heightened with the premium priced paid. Frankly, if I paid $70k for a Japanese or Korean car, I probably find it easier to accept the nagging flaws that come with it.

It maybe a same scenario when you fly first class vs economy class, you tend to be more patient and let it "slide a little" if the flight attendant did not come to your call instantly, whereas you are likely be annoyed if the same happen in first class. You get what you paid for and I suppose to me, $200+k on a car is no small sum to demand a little better quality and standards.

Let's see what comes out of this, and whether I feel, despite nothing more can be done on the issue, they have the right ingredient in place to recover an unfortunate incident. Frankluy speaking, they have score well in terms of patient and willingness to help and assist. PML is not god and can't be perfect all the time, and I hope they continue to go extra mile to make a customer happy. If you ask me, I would still buy a BMW. The question is, would they dare to sell me another one?
Old 03-16-2006, 07:59 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='256044' date='Mar 17 2006, 10:30 AM
Its ok to post, no offence. This is a forum we voice freely. But I don't agree with the rants of your patient. Why are do BMW owners were complaining in the first place? If the mechanics and all at PML and BMW did a good job in solving our problems, would we complain unnecessaily? It may not be the sole faults of the mechanics, perhaps they can't cope with the huge workload, or maybe they did not go through proper training, that I don't know. I won't put myself in his shoe, because that that is not my job, I am not paid to be a PML mechanic, he is paid for the job, and thus he had to wear his own shoes.

However, I totally agree with you on your first point that BMW is indeed the ultimate driving machine. I still have that silly grins on my face when driving my 520, and I won't let those mechanics and whoever in PML/BMW wipe those away from me.
You are rght. It's not an easy job at all being a PML mechanic. More so with so many advanced features and the cars are getting more sophisticated and complicated than before these days. I emphatize with their tough role.

I am just wearing my own shoes as a customer who invested more than $200k in a fine machinery, and I expect nothing out of ordinary from the car. Having said that, I definitely still find BMW a hack of a car to own and drive, and I do take my hats off their service guys to try their best to satisfy and pacify their demanding customers. Sometimes, they screw up here and there, and that's where they get endless nagging from customers, and hopefully, this will help them to be better and more careful when handling customer's car and complaints.

At the end of the day, let's just enjoy the ride.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:04 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='256111' date='Mar 16 2006, 11:52 PM
Frankly, if I paid $70k for a Japanese or Korean car, I probably find it easier to accept the nagging flaws that come with it.
The irony is you probably won't have that kind of problems with the 70K car. But then, a lot of other things will be missing also.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 1628' post='256084' date='Mar 16 2006, 11:13 PM
where to buy this comditioner and where do u apply it exactly.ever since after installing the eibach springs the creaks are getting bad at the window to frame.
so wat time is the malacca outing?
Any leather conditioner will do I think. I have tried BMW's leather care also. Armourall is the brand with a viking head. You can find it anywhere that sells car stuff.

Put the leather care on the felt material on top of the door frames; be generous, and then massage them into the felt. That's all I did. Some people used WD40 which I won't recommend, cause to me that's for the metal and I am not sure if it would damage the felt material.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans