E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by totoseow' post='256620' date='Mar 17 2006, 08:28 PM
Ed, hearing your problems make me feel sad and lucky. my E60 has never given me major issues like you guys have. I only had jammed cup holders, rear window failure...nothing else. and i probably have more mods than all of you add together. fact is my car has been fine from day 1. it also has been to performance only to do warranty claims on those parts mentioned. otherwise, i hv been using outside workshops for my oil change etc. i cant be bothered with those CIP upgrades since i am running on DMS.

maybe at ur next oil change u can try this....motul double ester oil. very expensive oil...built for motor racing. but offers 2 layers of ester to protect engine. same 10-40. will cost about 250 for ur 6 pots.

ur engine will most likely cease to vibrate. not sure if it will help edlee's big issue, but definitely quiet idling for others.

anyway i just dynoed by car.... guess what? 267.8bhp at the wheel. on paper its was 299hp.
Hi Toto, wow 268hp is not bad rite, especially when stock is only 231.

Like you, I've been pretty lucky with my ride, considering it gets a pretty good trashing very few months at Sepang (going again Apr 7 )

No real problems from the car since day 1. Minor problems

- clicking sound from steering
- squeaking seats and windows
- sticky rear blinds
- driver side window anti-trap

most major thing is changing front windscreen 2 times already due to track days
Old 03-17-2006, 10:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

26th March goers

1) Russo E46 320i
2) Edlee M6
3) Tategoi E60 520i
4) Zag E60 530i
5) Eric E46 320i
6) KJ E46 M3
7) Jude E46 M3

We'll meet at 6.00 and set off 6.30 if there are no violent objections.

Same place at Raffles Marina main road.

Bring some coffee $$$ for the highway cops.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:37 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

All brothers,
Heard so much complaints again PML togther with my own bad experince with PML, are we going "suffer" silently or rather just ignore by PML on our complains? Confronting them individually has little impact, they would give us all the bull and cock stories.We know that we cannot expect a perfect product but how the imperfections were addressed by the rep.
It would be good to arrange for a meeting with BMW in Spore telling them our dissatisfication with their local rep.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:51 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 1628' post='256654' date='Mar 18 2006, 12:08 PM
yo fire,

have you tried the sprint booster yet.
Aiyo, have not gotten the chance to sample the booster. In fact, I am more keen to silence the interior of the car (Sound insulation) and perhaps change the exhaust. I find the road noise is rather loud even without run flat. Hmm....my ear must have just grown another ear drum. Very sensitive to sound these days.

With regards to exhaust, I want to know the bhp gain, and whether it is true that it tends to impact low end torque. Hmm..not an expert in this.

Oh well, maybe at the end of the day, stick to current status. don't go change anything any more. Too old to get into the mod bug liao.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:10 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Yankee' post='256736' date='Mar 18 2006, 04:37 PM
All brothers,
Heard so much complaints again PML togther with my own bad experince with PML, are we going "suffer" silently or rather just ignore by PML on our complains? Confronting them individually has little impact, they would give us all the bull and cock stories.We know that we cannot expect a perfect product but how the imperfections were addressed by the rep.
It would be good to arrange for a meeting with BMW in Spore telling them our dissatisfication with their local rep.
I really think meeting PML/BMW in force and raise the issue of service quality may not help much. I am sure PML is not sitting idle and pay no attention to improving service standards. Sometimes, things just can't happen overnight, and if anything to go by, technology and advancement (hence sophistication and complexity) will always be one step ahead of the capability of the ground service staff.

I don't envy the top guy sitting at the after sales service chair, and I believe that is probably the hottest chair at PML. Still dont know why Robert quits, and the next person taking over must be willing to stand in front of rows of firing squats everyday. That poor guy probably will not have a single good work day to feel good about. I do emphatize with their stress and frustrations as well.

Having said that, I dont think we, as consumer, should sit quiet and not stand up for our consumer's rights. Thinking about the frustrations I have, I hope to learn to be a more productive and constructive "complainer", and perhaps help them with suggestions, solutions and options. In addition, need to try to be fair and reasonable as well.

For them, what they should do is to rethink about their cost struture and perhaps set aside more budget for service recovery initiatives, until such time when they can get their act together and catch up with the capability.

I do feel bad for them but I owe it to myself to get what I think is satisfactory. It's a tough business to be in the service sector. I know, I am in one myself.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:31 AM
Senior Members

PML will never change; not when all the Old Hands are still there. Not when they keep hiring third grade foreign workers in the backroom. The Westerners can't do much. They sit up there thinking there are afew hiccups, but nothing major. And when there is some official complaint, they'll probably be saying something like, "here we go again, the ugly Singaporean; always expecting the moon; can't live with such small issues; faggarts!!!". I really pity the handful who are really good at what they do at PML. They live with the stigma and get shouted at and scolded by customers who have already been let down by others.

Like I mentioned; if this last attempt by PML and BMW doesn't work, PML can kiss my ass goodbye. I'll probably keep the M6 but the E46 and E60 WILL go. Last I heard they have now decided to change the cylinder head. After two years of my nagging they finally decided to do something about the hardware.

Lets wait and see. I don't think I'll spend so much on European makes anymore. If I do change, it'd most probably be a Jap brand; either Honda or Nissan. Like I mentioned many times before; I'll just quit; not even a murmur will be heard. Everytime I get frustrated with PML these days, I'll just think of GShock88. GOD bless his soul.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

I personally do not have major issues with the car but I had *big big* issues with some of the CSA's. To the extent that I pushed my sister to look else where even though she quite liked the 5 (except that it's all over Singapore now).

I pushed her back to Audi; went with her to try out the A6. The car doesn't drive as well and noisy at moderate rev and no xenon; however, it's quite a bit of gadgets like the 5. Most of all, she has had very good service and relationship with the workshop. Every single complaint she had was addressed properly and patiently.
Old 03-18-2006, 06:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by totoseow' post='256620
26th March goers

1) Russo E46 320i
2) Edlee M6
3) Tategoi E60 520i
4) Zag E60 530i
5) Eric E46 320i
6) KJ E46 M3
7) Jude E46 M3

We'll meet at 6.00 and set off 6.30 if there are no violent objections.

Same place at Raffles Marina main road.

Bring some coffee $$$ for the highway cops.
Wah Russo; 2 X M3? Looks like you and Eric are the only company my Jr will have. So whats the plan when we get to Malacca? Chicken rice balls again? Anything there that's different?
Old 03-18-2006, 07:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='256837' date='Mar 18 2006, 11:59 PM
Toto, where did u get your dyno done? How long did it take? I intend to dyno the M too.
Wah Russo; 2 X M3? Looks like you and Eric are the only company my Jr will have. So whats the plan when we get to Malacca? Chicken rice balls again? Anything there that's different?

Thats sad but true. The 3 smallest cars of the group. But we're all going up to clear carbon together right?

Yeah I got to get some other Ms to go too. Can't let you take all the glory and be the sweeper all the way you see.

Don't know where else to go except for chicken rice balls. Heck, don't even know if I still remember how to get there. Anyway we only eat there once a year so it ain't so bad. Unless you got some other ideas...
Old 03-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by russo' post='256860' date='Mar 19 2006, 12:42 AM
Unless you got some other ideas...
Fishing?

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans