E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 08:32 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by russo' post='256860' date='Mar 19 2006, 12:42 AM
Thats sad but true. The 3 smallest cars of the group. But we're all going up to clear carbon together right?

Yeah I got to get some other Ms to go too. Can't let you take all the glory and be the sweeper all the way you see.

Don't know where else to go except for chicken rice balls. Heck, don't even know if I still remember how to get there. Anyway we only eat there once a year so it ain't so bad. Unless you got some other ideas...
There are a few other places to eat. there is this popular Paranakan food but dont know the name. Know how to get there though. Also, there is this coffee shop sell very good Otah (prepacked and frozen for bringing back to Singapore). Never fail to buy whenever in malacca. Also, not to forget the desserts! ahhh...one meal, so much to eat...

Love to join you guys up to Malacca. Eager to take the car up for a good drive myself. I can't be sure if I can make it till later in the week. Let's see how. If so, can take you guys to some of the places I know.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='257079' date='Mar 19 2006, 01:32 PM
There are a few other places to eat. there is this popular Paranakan food but dont know the name. Know how to get there though. Also, there is this coffee shop sell very good Otah (prepacked and frozen for bringing back to Singapore). Never fail to buy whenever in malacca. Also, not to forget the desserts! ahhh...one meal, so much to eat...

Love to join you guys up to Malacca. Eager to take the car up for a good drive myself. I can't be sure if I can make it till later in the week. Let's see how. If so, can take you guys to some of the places I know.

It'll be great to join us. Think the old gang is sick of me being their lousy tour guide.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:39 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='257079' date='Mar 19 2006, 01:32 PM

Wah u know so many makan joints, you better make it!!!
Old 03-19-2006, 07:12 AM
Senior Members

Wah so early ah ok you know my drill, I will call when I can wake up
Old 03-19-2006, 09:43 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='257173' date='Mar 19 2006, 10:39 PM
Wah u know so many makan joints, you better make it!!!
Haha, will let you guys know by Thur if I can make it. I hope to make it too. Kind of miss driving up Malaysia. If you guys keen to make all the way to Ipoh for some great Ipoh food one of these days, I will be game cos that's where my home town is. Me Malaysian la. That one, I need all of you to bring boxes of Eno to speed up digestion so can load up more...haha.
Old 03-19-2006, 03:00 PM
Members

The keyword is www.ventureshield.com for those who have the bhp and aren't afraid to use it.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:56 PM
Members

yo fire,

didnt know you from ipoh.my wife also from there.i travel up to this small town called sitiwan twice a year very fun drive up but plenty of speed traps along those b roads.

ed i dont think theres any fishing in malacca unless you want small tilapia or cat fish and the odd toman.but then dont think you want to drive your m into the wild, ponds within. i have fished a great part of malaysia from fish to prawns..ha ha.

can some tell me why the window rattles but when you apply this leather conditioner it goes away.so what is the actual problem and how does this conditioner solves it temporarily.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:13 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by 1628' post='257535' date='Mar 20 2006, 12:56 PM
can some tell me why the window rattles but when you apply this leather conditioner it goes away.so what is the actual problem and how does this conditioner solves it temporarily.
rattles or more like creaks.... it is due to friction. some of us have the magic tape applied along the frame when the door inteface and it seems like a good fix coz it still works to date. Conditioners has wetting property acting as lubricants.

eggz... you got PM!
Old 03-20-2006, 06:48 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 1628' post='257535' date='Mar 20 2006, 12:56 PM
ed i dont think theres any fishing in malacca unless you want small tilapia or cat fish and the odd toman.but then dont think you want to drive your m into the wild, ponds within. i have fished a great part of malaysia from fish to prawns..ha ha.
Thats great!!! Another fishing kaki. Do you do offshore fishing?
Old 03-21-2006, 12:34 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='257900' date='Mar 20 2006, 10:48 PM
Thats great!!! Another fishing kaki. Do you do offshore fishing?
hi ed,

i used to 6-7 years back ,hired boat out to malasysian and indo waters armed with gps. indo waters better but worried about pirates.

had a near miss in straits of malacca, stormy weather and the anchor got stuck that put me off i cant swim, dont think any one can survive a storm if fell over board.

best fishing was in the maldives plenty of whopping big wahoo.

have you noticed less and less fish now. all taken by comercial fishing.

my dream holiday would be to fish salmon with the grizzly in alaska..hahaha.working on it now.

do you fish often and if so where ,any big catch?

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans