E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 09:09 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went to the VW showroom today to have a look at the GTI. What a disappointment.
1. There were only two people manning the enquiry counter with no salespeople around. To make matters worse, the showroom car was locked.
2. After walking around and and browsing for about 15 min, mind you, 15 long minutes; walked over and asked for assistance. The lady there said to wait and promptly went upstairs to get a sales guy to attend to me.
3. He showed up after another 10 min. I told him I wanted to look at the GTI and R32. He brought me to the rear where the workshop is and introduced the car as the "GTI".
4. Asked him the difference between that thing and the BMW E46 320 and he went "huh"? Okay, maybe I was abit harsh, maybe he didn't know about the old car, so I asked him about the difference between the GTI and BMW E90 323. He was even more lost. Finally he managed to conjure up an answer; "oh, two very different cars"; as if I didn't know.
5. I walked around and asked him various questions. He was not very responsive. I guess he didn't know his product.
6. I asked for a test drive. He said test drives are only managed thru appointments. Oh, appointments. So if I had already made up my mind and come with a pocket full of money to book I still had to wait for an appointment?
7. I asked for a brochure, to which he walked to the reception and returned with a spec sheet. Not bad, coloured, double sided one sheet spec sheet. Very impressive, but how about a brochure? None, this is IT!!!
8. I asked for an appointment for a test drive and he said okay but did not take down my number, hmmm... must be the way I am dressed, as always, in a polo shirt, pants and sandals. Okay, I walked towards the exit, pushed him my calling card and was about to leave when he suddenly realised that he might have missed his chance, came by and promised to arrange a test drive. I said, "we'll see. Call me when you're ready" and walked away, making sure he saw what car I arrived in.

I promised myself I'd be an asshole when he calls me for an appointment and tell him that I booked a 330 on 19th May. I remember my very first visits to PML before I began owning their cars; the salespeople (most of them) were always ready to assist with a broad smile. These amateurs at VW don't know nuts about customer service or sales tactics; I guess they still have a loooooong way to go.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='284209' date='May 18 2006, 09:44 AM
Received the dreaded letter from Traffic Police. Got quite a surprise when I opened it; just a warning letter. My M6 brakes must be good. Seems I managed to slow down enough for them not to book me, phew......
A friend of mine recently also only received a warning like this rather than a straight fine.

They knew you were speeding from the video images but probably you did not cover enough distance to judge you as outright speeding. The TP must satisfied at your alertness and how fast your M6 could be tamned down to legal speeds. You respect the law, they respect you thumbsup.gif
I thought in Singapore, they just do a "point" speed reading? What I mean is as long as when you point the equipment at you and you are outside the limit, you are considered to have been speeding.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:01 PM
lmk
Contributors

i am surprised that even in this century where everbody is talking about excellent customer service and yet you still experience such below average service from a sales person. i can understand if a service engineer does not know how important customer service is but not for a front office sales person.
Moreover, car industry in Singapore is highly competitive and each customer counts.
Even the notorious C&C salesman has changed.
VW, (or Auto GTI?) better buck up, VW population is near to extinct, better put it in protected species or else, face the danger of extinction here.....
Old 05-18-2006, 05:04 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='284272' date='May 18 2006, 12:09 PM
Went to the VW showroom today to have a look at the GTI. What a disappointment.
1. There were only two people manning the enquiry counter with no salespeople around. To make matters worse, the showroom car was locked.
2. After walking around and and browsing for about 15 min, mind you, 15 long minutes; walked over and asked for assistance. The lady there said to wait and promptly went upstairs to get a sales guy to attend to me.
3. He showed up after another 10 min. I told him I wanted to look at the GTI and R32. He brought me to the rear where the workshop is and introduced the car as the "GTI".
4. Asked him the difference between that thing and the BMW E46 320 and he went "huh"? Okay, maybe I was abit harsh, maybe he didn't know about the old car, so I asked him about the difference between the GTI and BMW E90 323. He was even more lost. Finally he managed to conjure up an answer; "oh, two very different cars"; as if I didn't know.
5. I walked around and asked him various questions. He was not very responsive. I guess he didn't know his product.
6. I asked for a test drive. He said test drives are only managed thru appointments. Oh, appointments. So if I had already made up my mind and come with a pocket full of money to book I still had to wait for an appointment?
7. I asked for a brochure, to which he walked to the reception and returned with a spec sheet. Not bad, coloured, double sided one sheet spec sheet. Very impressive, but how about a brochure? None, this is IT!!!
8. I asked for an appointment for a test drive and he said okay but did not take down my number, hmmm... must be the way I am dressed, as always, in a polo shirt, pants and sandals. Okay, I walked towards the exit, pushed him my calling card and was about to leave when he suddenly realised that he might have missed his chance, came by and promised to arrange a test drive. I said, "we'll see. Call me when you're ready" and walked away, making sure he saw what car I arrived in.

I promised myself I'd be an asshole when he calls me for an appointment and tell him that I booked a 330 on 19th May. I remember my very first visits to PML before I began owning their cars; the salespeople (most of them) were always ready to assist with a broad smile. These amateurs at VW don't know nuts about customer service or sales tactics; I guess they still have a loooooong way to go.

Wait till you use the workshop.

Customer: "I need you to look at the rear centre seat belt."
CSA: "Sir, you will have to leave it over night"
Customer: "Why?"
CSA:"Sir, it takes 1 day to remove the rear bench so that we can take a look at the seat belt."
(customer wondering : Do I really look that dumb?)

This is just one of them. If you think PML service is bad, this one will kill you, Ed.

There's a lot of rumours about the dealership, and the sales people are said to be very demoralised, and it's been like that for quite a while already.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:08 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='284442' date='May 18 2006, 08:01 PM
VW, (or Auto GTI?) better buck up, VW population is near to extinct, better put it in protected species or else, face the danger of extinction here.....
The dealer is called the other C & C. It's Cars & Cars from Exklusive (which also owns Renault, Skoda etc)
Old 05-18-2006, 05:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='284272' date='May 19 2006, 01:09 AM
..... and walked away, making sure he saw what car I arrived in.
The sales guy must be kicking himself silly after you drove off!
Old 05-18-2006, 05:13 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Stranger' post='284441' date='May 19 2006, 09:00 AM
A friend of mine recently also only received a warning like this rather than a straight fine.
I thought in Singapore, they just do a "point" speed reading? What I mean is as long as when you point the equipment at you and you are outside the limit, you are considered to have been speeding.

i have not received mine yet...but i know i cannot escape.

if i am not wrong, they use spot reading but the machine has to do a 3 spots, in other words, a consistent speed throughout 200m. about the length of 3 lamp posts. this is to prevent errors like doppler effects and controversy situations. Like the traffic lights cameras, 3 pics to proof in court.

last night, i went down to Pasir Panjang to pick my wife, along the 3 highways, i have seen 1 wrx, 2 overhead bridge cam with tripod and one van along west coast road, oh yes, a Hyundai Matrix in "civilian colour" with a radar gun pointing at me! i think they only aim at BMW's!....what the hell the TP is doing?
Of course, i kept to the speed limit at most times. even my brain has a 6 sense, i cannot tell!

So gentlemen, please keep your blood cool and don't speed for now.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:16 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Stranger' post='284444' date='May 19 2006, 09:08 AM
The dealer is called the other C & C. It's Cars & Cars from Exklusive (which also owns Renault, Skoda etc)
thanks!

No wonder i never like Alonso!

one more note, i am going to PML now, software upgrade done!

oil changed, gearbox checked, etc.

No need to remove video interface when upgrading, just let your SE know about it that's all!
Old 05-18-2006, 05:51 PM
Zig
Senior Members

My Ride: E39 525i, E60 530i, F10

Originally Posted by Stranger' post='284441
if i am not wrong, they use spot reading but the machine has to do a 3 spots, in other words, a consistent speed throughout 200m. about the length of 3 lamp posts. this is to prevent errors like doppler effects and controversy situations. Like the traffic lights cameras, 3 pics to proof in court.
Yup, they will need 2 to 3 lamp posts to determine your speed, even for video post processing.
Just make sure you have big enough brakes to slow down significantly in less than 2 lamp posts.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='284447' date='May 18 2006, 08:16 PM
thanks!

No wonder i never like Alonso!

one more note, i am going to PML now, software upgrade done!

oil changed, gearbox checked, etc.

No need to remove video interface when upgrading, just let your SE know about it that's all!
Care to share who the SE is? May be easier to go to the same person. Don't have to explain much.
Mine is due in 1 - 2 weeks' time.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans