E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 09:00 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gosh, i went down to take a scrutinise the interior of my car too after reading the post. no leaks. relieve.

I cant imagine bmw can put cars tat leak on the streets. wats happening to their QC? sigh.....
Old 01-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 523i (JetBlack)

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='217932' date='Jan 1 2006, 09:56 PM
That's a nasty leak you have there. You'd better send it in first thing on 3rd Jan and get PML to rectify the matter. I think it's probably the seal at the shark fin that needs replacement. Also, speak with them about your roof lining because it may look not too bad now, but once dry may become stained.
I had called my SE and he also asked me to came down to workshop on 3rd. I think replacing the seal is quiet easy, but how long do you guys reckon it takes for the replacement of roof lining. Do you think I can demand for a temporary car during the repair. Advice ?

Thanks for the tips, will update once I had it fix.
Old 01-01-2006, 03:21 PM
Senior Members

balckaero...i replaced my sun roof lining b4 took 1 day...yes yes demand a car...always demand a car. u need to show them whos boss. dun b afraid...go there scream at tht top of your voice.

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='217938
What's the problem with BMW? These new cars are a disgrace to the good reputation of this marque
Hi Ol Warrior!!! I'm sure PML will do a good job out of this one. Its minor compared to GK Shock's experience a couple of weeks ago; hmmm... I wonder what happened to his case.

I displayed my M today at Kallang today at the request of Ryan. Boy was I surprised at the reception it received. There were loads of cameras clicking away, questions fielded; you'd think PML was launching the car. To top it up, the car was dirty from this morning's downpour with another session of rain in between the shots but that didn't deter the anxious shutterbugs.

Lets hope we get some respite from the rain tomorrow and I promise to wash the car and get some shots posted.
[/quote]

cant wait for u to run in the car...wanna hear the full blast from that exhaust. will u ever track the car? take it to one of the pml track days? v if u do go buy the 3m bra.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Members

Feel sorry for you. This is bd. Looks like the E60 built in Germany not localised for tropical storm. Yesterday's rain was really heavy. A good day to check on any leaks in the E60. This is totally unacceptable as BMW is no ordinary cheap Korean or Jap car.

Originally Posted by BlackAero' post='217890' date='Jan 1 2006, 04:44 AM
Shit ... I noticed I also had a roof leak after the meet up at Kallang, the downpour today make me a sad man. I didn't expect that it also happen to my (what gshock88 had experience). But the leak on my car is only at the bottom of the shark fin antenna.

I need advice from you guys, I took delivery 3mths back so asking for replacement is definitely a no, but what can I demand from PML besides just rectifying the issue, what is our rights. I will be going to PML workshop on coming Tue (3rd Jan). What a bad way to celebrate a start of a New Year. I want to complaint but who to approach ... btw, this is my 1st BMW ... very disappointing. Sigh.

But at least I am glad to see the M6 today, it is an awesome car.
Old 01-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by totoseow' post='218081' date='Jan 2 2006, 08:21 AM
cant wait for u to run in the car...wanna hear the full blast from that exhaust. will u ever track the car? take it to one of the pml track days? v if u do go buy the 3m bra.
Gonna try very hard to run in the car quickly. I'm quite anxious myself. I got Russo to bring in the 3m protection for the headlights. Adrian from PML is checking on the clear bra because the one they have is for the std 6 series. There is a difference in bumper contour. Anyone knows where I can get one? And to answer your question, yes, I hope to track the car, but only after the 2nd servicing at 5000Km.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='218122
Gonna try very hard to run in the car quickly. I'm quite anxious myself. I got Russo to bring in the 3m protection for the headlights. Adrian from PML is checking on the clear bra because the one they have is for the std 6 series. There is a difference in bumper contour. Anyone knows where I can get one? And to answer your question, yes, I hope to track the car, but only after the 2nd servicing at 5000Km.
[/quote]

Hi Ed,
Congrats on your new ride! It must be a head turner on the streets. It is unfortunate that I couldnt make it yesterday. Any chance of a second show?

By the way, how is you tuner? The two boys (Installers) promised to hunt an alternative TV tuner for me which offers 2 AV input channels. This, in addition to better quality pictures, will also solve my current iPod set up defficiency.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:00 AM
Members

Hi Edlee,
Congrats on the M6! Easy to know where you are now, with starry-eyed drivers with mouths wide-opened, and a big traffic jam behind you!

If I'm a traffic cop, I'm gonna stop you just to take a photograph!

Happy New Year!
Old 01-02-2006, 03:15 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='218204
Congrats on the M6!
Thanks guys.

Here are the pictures I promised. Almost didn't make it; as you can see from the first pict, raindrops started as soon as I began snapping.

E60 for Singaporeans-rear.jpg
E60 for Singaporeans-front.jpg
E60 for Singaporeans-smg.jpg
E60 for Singaporeans-dash.jpg
E60 for Singaporeans-wheel.jpg
Old 01-02-2006, 04:14 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Edlee,

Congratulations. Very nice car!
Hope I can see it when I'm next in Singapore.

Cheers
Old 01-02-2006, 05:40 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Ed... missed your show, jez got back to sg.. simply awesome!
for those unassuming it is a wolf in sheep clothing...

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans