E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 03:10 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 20 inch BBS RS-GT (SGD 11329.50) mounted with PS2 are at Chin Wah and ready to rock and roll.

The car is at PML where I am having the lowered ACS springs fitted. There will be some who will tell me others are cheaper, etc, but I am more worried about warranty (especially since my ride is fitted with EDC) and that is why I opted for ACS. My boot spoiler (by ACS) is at Ah Long being sprayed. Front lips (carbon fibre) have been ordered but are not here yet. I have also opted for the ARB, etc from ACS. Unfortunately these items are still in prep. I have attached two pictures of the rims and tyres. Will post more after the car is done up. Sorry for the bad pictures taken using my phone.

E60 for Singaporeans-19052006117.jpg
E60 for Singaporeans-19052006118.jpg
Old 05-19-2006, 03:39 AM
Senior Members

nice ed!
Old 05-19-2006, 06:41 AM
lmk
Contributors

swee man !!! Ed!
Old 05-19-2006, 07:06 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='284689
swee man !!! Ed!
Thanks guys. Whilst I am 101% sure these wheels will not make the car go faster, I'm really hoping the "chio" factor will be notched up quite a fair bit.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:32 AM
Senior Members

Ed, if you wanna test drive a GTI or R32, you can only go C&C. But if you wanna find out more about GTI and R32, you can just call me.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='284822' date='May 20 2006, 12:32 AM
Ed, if you wanna test drive a GTI or R32, you can only go C&C. But if you wanna find out more about GTI and R32, you can just call me.
I was at C&C to convince myself that the GTI or R32 would be a worthy replacement for the E46. Now nothing anybody says will make me change my mind about the organisation that sells it.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:55 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='284826' date='May 20 2006, 12:38 AM
I was at C&C to convince myself that the GTI or R32 would be a worthy replacement for the E46. Now nothing anybody says will make me change my mind about the organisation that sells it.
You are not alone. There are many who are not satisfied with the after sales service at C&C, going by the feedback from the VAG forum. Just like owning a BMW, we also see many complaints in this forum, but that does not chnage the fact that BMW is the UDM, and we still love our cars. You just need to find a Dennis at C&C, there was one but unfortunately he had left the company. If you like a VW, LL no choice unless you go for a PI.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:29 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='284832' date='May 20 2006, 12:55 AM
There are many who are not satisfied with the after sales service at C&C, going by the feedback from the VAG forum.
Well, C&C's got plenty of catching up to do. Maybe not in this (mine) lifetime. Really scary because the salesguy didn't even know any basic sales tactic or even if he did have some knowledge, didn't feel like applying it. Its not like VW is already a household brand that everyone craved for one; must join the queue to buy one.

Frankly, the Company's to blame because if they're not interested in equipping their people with even the basics in their respective line of work, then the only way to go is down.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:37 AM
Zig
Senior Members

My Ride: E39 525i, E60 530i, F10

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='284841' date='May 20 2006, 01:29 AM
Frankly, the Company's to blame because if they're not interested in equipping their people with even the basics in their respective line of work, then the only way to go is down.
Do you know if there are parallel importers for this car? I heard some of them provide good services.
Don't condemn the car because of its salesman.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:55 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='284832' date='May 20 2006, 12:55 AM
You are not alone. There are many who are not satisfied with the after sales service at C&C, going by the feedback from the VAG forum. Just like owning a BMW, we also see many complaints in this forum, but that does not chnage the fact that BMW is the UDM, and we still love our cars. You just need to find a Dennis at C&C, there was one but unfortunately he had left the company. If you like a VW, LL no choice unless you go for a PI.
well this was my experience....
Stopped by with my wife couple of sundays (day after gen election) ago to look at the dynamite and much hyped R32... walked in and walked around to look for the R32 and with none in sight. The GTi in the show room was locked. after about 5 min a lady SE approached us and i enquired about the R32. Told us there is one in the carpark upstairs and it has been sold so it is locked. Went up and took a look and hm.. the blue didn't wow me (my wife said it is OK..) and imho the grille in the front abit too loud and hm.. out of place. I think the red trim on the Gti is more cool.

So after a few minutes of oogling the R32 we went down to the Gti out in the workshop area which open to access. The SE asked if I am looking for a replacement car and asked me what i am driving now. Told her and said i am looking for fun car. As for test driving the Gti, need to make appointment guess it is company policy. hm.. OK! this won't tilt me over now. So if i come back to test drive i might feel obliged. We sat down and the SE explained about the R32 and what colors are on the boat right now. Told me she can manage some discount if i am interested in the R32. I said i think about it. On the way out she saw my ride and asked if my rims are standard coz they looked awesome. She SMS me on Weds about the discount and to contact her if i am interested. I never got back to her as i was leaving for US.
GTi is a nice car and if i was younger it was have been a quick decision. My first car was the white Swift GTi the poorman's VW GTi back then ... first love and full of memories. For second car... hm?

anyway i never care for service over choice of car either.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans