E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by zag' post='284856
anyway i never care for service over choice of car either.
Well, the car will be fun as long as you don't have to visit the after sales which in this case will absolutely completely spoil all your fun and enjoyment.

I guess it's case how much tolerance I have to stomuch it. And I absolutely cannot take it.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:58 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='284782' date='May 19 2006, 11:06 PM
Thanks guys. Whilst I am 101% sure these wheels will not make the car go faster, I'm really hoping the "chio" factor will be notched up quite a fair bit.
Ed,

Maybe you want to reduce that percentage or rephrase the statement hehe....if you track your car, tires make alot of difference in speed!
Take a look at F1 (although F1 is extreme), tires alone can determine which car can win.
When i was younger, i look for tires that can handle high speeds.
Now, i look out for tires that handle well in the rain.
Because most tires today can grip pretty well on dry roads, it is aquaplaning that we cannot control.
All said, your choice of PS2 is no question at all. Max performance, good all rounder. Good choice!
Old 05-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='285072' date='May 20 2006, 10:58 AM
Ed,

Maybe you want to reduce that percentage or rephrase the statement hehe....if you track your car, tires make alot of difference in speed!
Take a look at F1 (although F1 is extreme), tires alone can determine which car can win.
When i was younger, i look for tires that can handle high speeds.
Now, i look out for tires that handle well in the rain.
Because most tires today can grip pretty well on dry roads, it is aquaplaning that we cannot control.
All said, your choice of PS2 is no question at all. Max performance, good all rounder. Good choice!
Yes, it'll make you want to push the car further because of the butt feeling that the tyres are not giving way. However,what I meant was that its not gonna give you more HP or better pick-up, etc. I've always sworn by the PS2, but the only bad thing about this tyre is the softness of the sidewall which is also very thin In fact this was done to give a more comfortable ride, but then,the rims suffer if you accidentally nudge a curb.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='284841
Do you know if there are parallel importers for this car? I heard some of them provide good services.
Don't condemn the car because of its salesman.
Hi Zig, I know you mean well. In fact the car looks nice and as we all know, the Rabbit as it was known in days gone by, was a wonderful car. But if you read the first quote, I did not condemn the car. Its the organisation in question that I am not impressed by. Anyway, my son didn't like it, so case closed; maybe the Alfa? I have a feeling he's secretly hoping for the 335i, but I think its just too fast and flashy for a young man like him.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='284841
Do you know if there are parallel importers for this car? I heard some of them provide good services.
Don't condemn the car because of its salesman.
Hi Zig, I know you mean well. In fact the car looks nice and as we all know, the Rabbit as it was known in days gone by, was a wonderful car. But if you read the first quote above, I did not condemn the car. Its the organisation in question that I am not impressed with. Anyway, my son didn't like it, so case closed; maybe the Alfa? I have a feeling the 335i is number ONE in his wish list, but I think its just too fast and flashy for a young man like him.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Members

yo

no i dont bottom on highway with acs springs ,only on certain uneven roads when im going fast.

have not yet installed PSSSSSSS9 yet. you guys beat me to the ABBBBBBBS already so hows the ride. give some reviews.

i will see how it feel after installing my ARBS on monday hopefully i wont be humping and rocking and rolling any more...sigh....ha ha then decide whether need to install PSSSSSSSSSSSS9.

what version of software cip now available?????

wow ed, your car so dam chio and unique and yet you still go and mod more.
we only mod cos theres too many look alikes around.how many m6 around in sg now?
any way its a beast how ever you look at it with muscle all over...no need to beef it up.

just a thought does junior get to drive it?whats insurance like?

i feel like going to all those manned roads mentioned to see how they operate and do a bit of test.hehehe.

since i had my e60 nov05, i have received three sg tp warning, one i got pulled over for doing 110 on a 70 road but each one i am cleared but dont think i will be so lucky next time.

up north more than 5 summons but i have changed reg and i think lta have deregistered the number ...ha ha.so im cleeeeeeeeeeeeaan!!!
Old 05-20-2006, 01:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 520i, Black leather interior, Active Steering, DSC, PDC, Ornamental grille, Audio Aux Input

Hi Lai,

am going to get the boys to "cut away the ash tray" to mount the ipod dock
can you kindly include a pic of yours?

thks.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:33 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by eugeneloke' post='285193' date='May 20 2006, 05:20 PM
Hi Lai,

am going to get the boys to "cut away the ash tray" to mount the ipod dock
can you kindly include a pic of yours?

thks.
i'll try....the boys are good at it.

cheers!
Old 05-20-2006, 06:49 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by 1628' post='285126' date='May 20 2006, 01:39 PM
yo

no i dont bottom on highway with acs springs ,only on certain uneven roads when im going fast.

have not yet installed PSSSSSSS9 yet. you guys beat me to the ABBBBBBBS already so hows the ride. give some reviews.

i will see how it feel after installing my ARBS on monday hopefully i wont be humping and rocking and rolling any more...sigh....ha ha then decide whether need to install PSSSSSSSSSSSS9.

what version of software cip now available?????

wow ed, your car so dam chio and unique and yet you still go and mod more.
we only mod cos theres too many look alikes around.how many m6 around in sg now?
any way its a beast how ever you look at it with muscle all over...no need to beef it up.

just a thought does junior get to drive it?whats insurance like?

i feel like going to all those manned roads mentioned to see how they operate and do a bit of test.hehehe.

since i had my e60 nov05, i have received three sg tp warning, one i got pulled over for doing 110 on a 70 road but each one i am cleared but dont think i will be so lucky next time.

up north more than 5 summons but i have changed reg and i think lta have deregistered the number ...ha ha.so im cleeeeeeeeeeeeaan!!!
So you got ACS springs instead of Eibach!
i was wrong.

BZASB got Eibach and he seems to like it.

The ARB's are good, i tried it on Bueno Vista road and Old upper Thomson, the handling improved alot over my stock suspension.

the other roads which i ride on almost daily is Clementi ave6 from AYE to PIE and KJE turning into BKE towards PIE, the turn had alot of accidents. The difference was great. i pushed it way much higher than normally i would have driven and the roll was very controlled now.
I believe it maybe due to my car is already more than 2 years old and the original bars has soften.
Moreover i am on stocks suspension, i can feel the drastic change after the mod.
Of course, going to PSS9, Koni or KW2/3 will be optimal if i drive like i am 20 years younger...i am not sure i need them as yet, until then...my next car may arrives.

As mentioned, my old tires are due for change. i can feel the roll is due to them now.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:10 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 1628' post='285126' date='May 20 2006, 01:39 PM
Therew's one more M6 coming in. Shd be registered in Sep. Met Mike thr plastic surgeon at Kg Arang on Friday. Asked him about the two fake M6 I've been hearing about and he proudly declared that he did the nick and tuck on them, sigh.......

There you go; two very good reasons why I've gotta mod. I'm patiently waiting for the arb so that I may try the Malaysian B coastal roads in future.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans