E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 03:15 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='219057' date='Jan 5 2006, 12:04 AM
Can watch DVD, operate Mac Mini, play IPOD, watch TV, fit additional screens behind headrests of front seats - I'm not joking. BZSAB has even fitted an IPOD that plays songs whilst displaying photographs of his family on the central info screen.

You can even receive international channels - if you install a satellite dish either on your trunk or roof - this one is a joke!!!

But, Zag, you must purchase the interface before you can do all that.
Toto,
I suggest that you look for better TV tuner. As I was told, the one we (Ed, myself and some others) got is the lowest quality you can find. Our installer is currently looking for a better tuner for me; approx $500.

One point to note on the Video Interface we got. If you only want DVD and TV (both are video and audio source), the VI works fine. But if you want Audio only external source like iPod, the VI cannot support that; it needs video. Currently, I need to switch connectors/wires on Aux In everytime I want to change from iPod to TV visa versa; very inconvenient. That is the reason why I need a better tuner as it offers me, in addition to better TV reception, an additional audio input.

Ed, if you are really considering Satellite Dish, you may want one which is as aerodynamic as the "Wing Flaps"
Old 01-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='219282
no i hv not done anything....i m so lost with all those tech. stuff..oh dear..i dunno where to begin...
Welcome to the world of DIY.

I would suggest you give the 2 guys a call and tell them what you want to do. I am sure they can advise you. See if you can get a better tuner and at 1 go do the installation. They will advise you about the audio connectivity.

It's best you speak to them, including how you want to power your DVD player. You might get confused further otherwise.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:30 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

what happened to the plan for the "milk run" across the cause way?
like sin-melaka-sin in 3 hours....
who is keen?

want to stretch my ponies before the 3rd warranty is out...
Old 01-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zag' post='219326' date='Jan 4 2006, 08:30 PM
who is keen?

Yeah, when?

We should do a race, like what they've been doing in Top Gear. Someone volunteer to fly from Singapore to KL, and a bunch of us drive in our Beemers, up to Sepang airport to pick him up, see who gets there first, assuming we leave the door here at the same time. Assuming it's clear at the 2nd link checkpoint, I think it'll be pretty close, especially if it's a weekday and early in the morning
Old 01-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zag' post='219326' date='Jan 4 2006, 08:30 PM
who is keen?

sin-melaka-sin in 3 hours i say will b a tuff run..but possible. u r talking pulling to top speeds everytime the road clears. 2 hours can..3hours means maximum concentration...for 1 hour more...tiring n dangerous. will feel like one of those 5am convoys to sepang....
Old 01-04-2006, 10:14 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by eggz' post='219353
who is keen?

Yeah, when?

We should do a race, like what they've been doing in Top Gear. Someone volunteer to fly from Singapore to KL, and a bunch of us drive in our Beemers, up to Sepang airport to pick him up, see who gets there first, assuming we leave the door here at the same time. Assuming it's clear at the 2nd link checkpoint, I think it'll be pretty close, especially if it's a weekday and early in the morning
[/quote]

wow! in top gear they used the bugatti with 1000bhp!

then you have to make sure those that take the flight can only take a scooter to the airport when leaving for the airport. and when something happens, only public transport are allowed.

hehe! that will be interesting!
Old 01-05-2006, 12:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by totoseow' post='219018' date='Jan 4 2006, 10:51 PM
no i hv not done anything....i m so lost with all those tech. stuff..oh dear..i dunno where to begin...
OK! Just had a chat with the 2 installers and they found a digital TV Tuner with extra Audio Input for my iPod. Will cost $650.

Understand they installed this Tuner in an e60 last recently. Please post comments. I have scheduled install next Thursday.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Originally Posted by zag' post='219326' date='Jan 5 2006, 10:30 AM
who is keen?

Sounds good. May I suggest HariRaya or if not 21st or 28th? I'm only free on Sundays le. If not it gotta be in Feb liao. Say Edlee's M6 wouldn't be run in yet would it?
Old 01-05-2006, 06:06 AM
Senior Members

21st i m in hk...cant do for me..
Old 01-05-2006, 09:11 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by russo' post='219422' date='Jan 5 2006, 07:10 PM
Sounds good. May I suggest HariRaya or if not 21st or 28th? I'm only free on Sundays le. If not it gotta be in Feb liao. Say Edlee's M6 wouldn't be run in yet would it?
Wah Russo!!! So fast recovered from 1st night already? 2nd night and still got time for forum. How to arrange on a Sunday? Newly weds normally got no strength or mood for anything streneous on Sunday; especially during the first couple months.

Anyway, I have already clocked 770Km. Still got only 1230Km to go. 28th is out because its CNY eve and customs will be jam packed. Looks like 21st if you're gonna get anything going. If this is the date you guys are looking at, then pls arrange fast as I will have to do quite a few night runs to get the mileage in; or maybe I'll just drive my E60 then.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans