E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 07:09 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got my ride loving every moment.

slight problem...rattling volume button on the steering wheel can this be stopped.
cd jumps or halt playing when over humps.

steering wheel rather thin and hard eh.

i am thinkig of getting the smg steering wheel but of course not wiring up the paddle shift

does it not look cooler than the m5steering wheels??

where can i get type iv acs 18 rims and any one know how much for.are they lighter than bmw rims.studded ones looks cleaner.

are pilot sports lighter than run flats.

is it true that how i run in the car will affect the Petrol consumption next time?i am hardily driving on highway hence consumption rather high 12-13l /100km

98 or v power ?
please give me some advice on vkool where to have it done which one 40 or 70 and how much?

zymol or zainol.....i am begining to see slight swirl marks already.....on my jet black

TIA
Attached Thumbnails E60 for Singaporeans-actypeiv_wheel1.jpg   E60 for Singaporeans-typeiv.jpg  
Old 11-07-2005, 02:47 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

been in Minneapolis for a week, didn't see any e60 here prowling. saw a 760i though.
just got into in the bay area, spotted 2 e60's so far.
spotted a new e90 325i and noticed that on the each door handles there is a set of cool white LEDs illuminating the door just like those on the e60 wing mirror with extended light package. cool!
didn't see this option from pml.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:42 AM
Senior Members

Hi all,

My ride has for some time been emitting very strange smell from the exhaust, something like burning plastic and yet sometimes like there's sulphur burning

My suspicion is centred on the catalytic converter. Drove into PML today and was scheduled to have a thorough check up 10 days later. Meanwhile, the car is a little more sluggish and this is making me more heavy-footed, I guess that's why the mileage drops as I have reported previously.

Anybody with the strange phenomenom?
Old 11-08-2005, 03:48 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' post='194602' date='Nov 7 2005, 10:42 PM
Hi all,

My ride has for some time been emitting very strange smell from the exhaust, something like burning plastic and yet sometimes like there's sulphur burning

My suspicion is centred on the catalytic converter. Drove into PML today and was scheduled to have a thorough check up 10 days later. Meanwhile, the car is a little more sluggish and this is making me more heavy-footed, I guess that's why the mileage drops as I have reported previously.

Anybody with the strange phenomenom?
Olivin,

i have this problem before when my car stalled along the highway.
sent back for check, the CSR just tell me no fault found.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Hi,

Just took delivery of my 523 last weekend and need some advice on the followings,

- Whenever I come to a complete stop, I feel a slight jerk after a second. It feels like the car is downshifing. If this is the case, why the one second delay?
- When I washed my car (engine was still hot) over the weekend, I noticed that the right headlight fogged up. I took it to PML and was told that this is normal. Is this so?
- Is there an E60 forum in the BMW.sg forum?

Would greatly appreciate some advice here. BTW, I have been very fortunate with this new set of wheels; strike 4D on the week of delivery. Hopefully, this is the start of good things to come.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='195560' date='Nov 8 2005, 11:27 PM
Hi,

Just took delivery of my 523 last weekend and need some advice on the followings,

- Whenever I come to a complete stop, I feel a slight jerk after a second. It feels like the car is downshifing. If this is the case, why the one second delay?
- When I washed my car (engine was still hot) over the weekend, I noticed that the right headlight fogged up. I took it to PML and was told that this is normal. Is this so?
- Is there an E60 forum in the BMW.sg forum?

Would greatly appreciate some advice here. BTW, I have been very fortunate with this new set of wheels; strike 4D on the week of delivery. Hopefully, this is the start of good things to come.
Wah! congrats on striking 4D man! woo hoo!

Not sure about your first question, but I think for your 2nd, the lights should not fog up.....perhaps you should tell PML to check for leak or opening or cracks.

Currently there isn't an E60 forum in BMW.SG. I think this forum is still the best place for E60 info.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:35 PM
Senior Members

eggz,

I did send car to PML and they checked for leak with high pressure water spray. According to them, since there are no water "droplets" there is no crack or improper seal. However, the vapor I complained about appeared and quickly evaporates when the headlights are turned on. PML says this is normal. Since parts are warranted for 3 years, I am not too concerned.

Thanks for the information offered. Look forward to meeting you sometime; ice tea and burgers are on me
Old 11-09-2005, 01:07 AM
Senior Members

Hi BZSAB. Welcome to the forum. Its good to note that at least one of us is that lucky!! Which prize did you strike?

Firstly the jerk. This happens at times when you come to a sudden stop. It takes time for the gears to kick down and be ready when you're taking off again. Still, you should have it checked. BTW, are your wing flaps working fine?

Secondly, the fogging. If I am not wrong, your right headlamp is fogging. This is because the cooling fan blows towards that direction. It is okay to experience slight fogging, but if it stays on for a day, then its time to claim.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:54 AM
Members

My Ride: E39 -- E60 coming soon

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='195560' date='Nov 9 2005, 01:27 PM
I had this in D mode when I first got the car. After a few weeks, it went away as the transmission adapted to my driving. I still have it in the DS mode just as I come to a stop. The gears shift down as I slow down. It is most obvious when slowing down while going up a slight slope.

Does any one know if the DS mode also adapts to your driving style?
Old 11-09-2005, 03:19 PM
Senior Members

Hi guys!

Thanks for the re-assuring replies. BTW, what is the DS mode? I have yet to read the manuals and have been driving the car in D mode since delivery.

Edlee; Wing Flaps? You have to help me here. What is that? You are also correct with the fogging of headlights. Only the right headlights fog up and goes away quite quickly especially when the headlamps are turned on. As I have mentioned, I sent it to PML and after checking, they reassured me that this was normal. Regarding 4D, only Starters but since it was the first day after taking delivery, my bet was big enough to bag me a few thousand. Wished it was 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Nonetheless, a good omen.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans