E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 08:07 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1628 and bzasb. which suspension are you guys going with?

I was reading about this koni fsd thing, and looks like what i want. I don't really care about lowering the car, as oppposed to having better handling during the corners but not losing too much comfort during the expressway driving.

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5687

Does anyone know where can i go get this? i heard the whole setup is about S$1700.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:13 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zag' post='225765' date='Jan 18 2006, 11:15 AM
Some posted in bmw.sg lately a number of e60s were target for carjack in Malaysia and there a case involved shooting on driver etc..
This sounds really intimidating to me. You guys heard anything.

Was at pml, just send car in for some fixes. there is a maroon M6 on display there. Heard there will a couple more put on the road soon.
645i MY05 on sale $308K good bargain?
Yes. Its an indianapolis red brought in for display. Not sold yet.

Toto, you planning on one? No waiting time for this one.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by zag' post='225765' date='Jan 17 2006, 10:15 PM
Some posted in bmw.sg lately a number of e60s were target for carjack in Malaysia and there a case involved shooting on driver etc..

Was at pml, just send car in for some fixes. there is a maroon M6 on display there. Heard there will a couple more put on the road soon.
That shooting case (in J involved a Singapore registered 730. It happened just before Xmas 05 during the wee hour. It was very very very very near the police headquarter some more. Something like a few hundred meters.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:18 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Stranger' post='225804

That shooting case (in J involved a Singapore registered 730. It happened just before Xmas 05 during the wee hour. It was very very very very near the police headquarter some more. Something like a few hundred meters.
[/quote]
There's always a risk when driving continental cars; even in Singapore. I remember there were a few cases some years back when these crooks daringly came into Singapore and car-jacked a few cars. They bumped into the rear and when the driver gets out to check, the spray something into the eyes to blind the guy for a while. They would then rush the car across the causeway.

I guess all this is up to the individual's luck and to some part, instinct. I wouldn't drive alone into Malaysia except whilst on business. Even so, I always try to borrow a beaten up car or if I'm desperate, drive the E46. I always drive at speed and NEVER stop for cheap petrol.

It should be quite safe driving up in a group. I doubt they dare try anything if they notice a big group driving around.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

When I drive there, first I make sure I don't go to deserted area; second I make sure it's broad day light; third I don't go to places I don't really know. Having said that, I have been to Cameron Highland, Fraser Hill. I made sure I was with the crowd as much as possible. Again, no night out with the car. I guess the crooks don't really spend their time there.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:53 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='225786' date='Jan 18 2006, 02:07 PM

I was reading about this koni fsd thing, and looks like what i want. I don't really care about lowering the car, as oppposed to having better handling during the corners but not losing too much comfort during the expressway driving.

Does anyone know where can i go get this? i heard the whole setup is about S$1700.
Wasn't there someone offering KW coilovers on the BMW-SG forum? What are those like?
Old 01-17-2006, 11:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='225786' date='Jan 18 2006, 01:07 PM

Bugaboo,

Was told that Sachs is a cheaper alternative. However, since I no clue whatsoever regarding suspensions, was hoping that you guys can advice. Please let me know when you have decided.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:17 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Stranger' post='225806
Wasn't there someone offering KW coilovers on the BMW-SG forum? What are those like?
I believe this guy works for the company selling KW. He was at the last meet trying to convince people including yours truly. He tried asking me to switch my brand new M6 suspension to KW saying that they were anytime better than stock.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:41 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='225824

Bugaboo,

Was told that Sachs is a cheaper alternative. However, since I no clue whatsoever regarding suspensions, was hoping that you guys can advice. Please let me know when you have decided.
[/quote]

Another proven one is H&R coilovers... handling is great. One chap swears by it.
If you don't have DD, actually any make will be ok! go for coilovers instead of just changing springs.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:48 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zag' post='225765
I believe this guy works for the company selling KW. He was at the last meet trying to convince people including yours truly. He tried asking me to switch my brand new M6 suspension to KW saying that they were anytime better than stock.
Who is this guy? I swear by KW. If I were to change my suspension, it shall be KW v3.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans