E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 05:53 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='225223
BMW-SG is organising a night drive. Tentative date is 5 Feb.

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7424

Toto, myself and my Jr are coming along. We should be able to organise something like this ourselves; just that there are too many of us who are "too busy" to attend.

Anyway, next BMW-SG meet-up will be on 22 Jan. I'm sending the M to PML for 1st servicing on Thursday and hopefully, will be ready in time for the meet-up. BTW, so far no complaints, phew.... except for some gear shifting and engine noises which are apparently "inherent with SMG and high cam engines".

I really hope we will be able to get something up and running in the coming months; on our own; with much better attendance than before. Otherwise, I'm afraid the Singapore E60 group may just slowly dwindle and die off.
Agreed Ed, wanna start the ball rolling? With your M6, maybe you shouldn't be the pace car... nobody can keep up

I just got my TV tuner upgraded to a digital one last night. It comes with 2 antennaes; one below the rear bumper and one on my windscreen. However, unable to test it yet because the installers forgot to bring the remote control and IR sensor. Will keep you guys posted. Anyone want my old tuner?

For those with intention of using iPod Video, the Digital Tuner comes with an additional audio input. As mentioned previously, our Video Interface will not allow audio only source; it needs to sense Video first before allowing audio. Therefore, I had to switch wires everytime I want to switch from iPod Audio to TV or Video; extremely cumbersome. With the new Digital Tuner, it solves all my problems. Now, switching between source (audio or TV/video), is simply done using the remote controller.

Hi Guys,

Something else I need help on. I just got rid of run flats and stock rims and got myself a set of 19" AC Type II rims. What do I need to do to lower the car? I have been looking at past threads in this forum and the BMW.sg forum but found it all too confusing; suspensions, coilovers, cutting springs, etc.

What I want is mainly aesthetics but not comprimising safety. I dont push the car hard, dont intend to track the car and definitely dont do reverse flicks; at least not until totoseow demonstrate and teach me :'( Therefore, the most cost effective method will suffice.
[/quote]

Let us know your digital tuner result when you manage to test. How much you paid for this and where?

Thanks.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:20 PM
Members

yo bzab

you busy mod your car huh.
19 ACS
thought you said just want to do the minimum on your ride and just ferry your family around.now you become a bit of a mod king ya.19 acs ..hows the ride comfort and FC like.is it sluggish on launch??
Old 01-17-2006, 12:29 AM
Members

bzab,

How does your car perform with the 19"? Does it feel more sluggish? How's the ride compared to 17" runflats? I want to change to 19" too but wanted to do the DMS upgrade first. Now just waiting for Rob!
Old 01-17-2006, 12:48 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='225223' date='Jan 17 2006, 10:49 AM
Agreed Ed, wanna start the ball rolling? With your M6, maybe you shouldn't be the pace car... nobody can keep up
Organise one? Russo's been trying to organise a drive. In fact I think he's set up some dates for late Feb/early Mar. Its for a drive into Malaysia. Some don't want to join because its into Malaysia; please offer some comments and recommendations.

Drive in the E63? Well, when in Rome do as the Roman do; therefore I'll come in my E60.

In fact, we're not as crazy as to blast our engines all the way. If we do drive into Malaysia, we'd probably do something like 150 - 180Km/h. There will be some straights where some would feel comfortable to open up and that is all; no crazy driving from us.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='225302' date='Jan 17 2006, 05:48 PM
Organise one? Russo's been trying to organise a drive. In fact I think he's set up some dates for late Feb/early Mar. Its for a drive into Malaysia. Some don't want to join because its into Malaysia; please offer some comments and recommendations.

Drive in the E63? Well, when in Rome do as the Roman do; therefore I'll come in my E60.

In fact, we're not as crazy as to blast our engines all the way. If we do drive into Malaysia, we'd probably do something like 150 - 180Km/h. There will be some straights where some would feel comfortable to open up and that is all; no crazy driving from us.
Yes I know Russo has been trying to organize the M'sia drive but was a little afraid. Not about M'sia but keeping up with you guys. In any case, I will try to make it when arrangements are finalized.

Now on the Digital TV Tuner. One thing for sure, it solves my problem with the switching of cables. Now, I have the setup just as I like it to be.

Reception has increased significantly on TV mobile; now I can even receive it in my basement carpark. However, there are still some areas in the East where TV signal is low. Reception of Channel 5, 8 and CNA is generally poor especially in the East. Once out of the East, I can even receive these channels on the move.

And guys, still waiting for advice on lowering my ride. What to do?
Old 01-17-2006, 03:23 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 1628' post='225263' date='Jan 17 2006, 01:20 PM
yo bzab

you busy mod your car huh.
19 ACS
thought you said just want to do the minimum on your ride and just ferry your family around.now you become a bit of a mod king ya.19 acs ..hows the ride comfort and FC like.is it sluggish on launch??
Well, that's what I thought until I met you guys! Seeing your rides, I thought the least I could do was to change my rims and tires. Wife thinks that you all are a bad influence on me but kids think you bunch are the coolest.

With the change, ride is a little noisier. Since I dont really push the car hard, I dont really feel any change at launch.

Kopi-O, dont hold your breath for DMS. Understand from Equinox that Rob is still figuring out the software.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Next meeting, bring your wife along. Then she would think it's a cool bunch also.

During my gatherings in the past, some would bring the wife along so that she could see whom the hubby was mixing with, I guess.

But seriously modding is contagious.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Stranger' post='225721' date='Jan 18 2006, 09:10 AM
Next meeting, bring your wife along. Then she would think it's a cool bunch also.

During my gatherings in the past, some would bring the wife along so that she could see whom the hubby was mixing with, I guess.

But seriously modding is contagious.
Good Idea! Maybe she will get me body kit and shockes for my birthday. Wishful thinking!
Old 01-17-2006, 06:15 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Some posted in bmw.sg lately a number of e60s were target for carjack in Malaysia and there a case involved shooting on driver etc..
This sounds really intimidating to me. You guys heard anything.

Was at pml, just send car in for some fixes. there is a maroon M6 on display there. Heard there will a couple more put on the road soon.
645i MY05 on sale $308K good bargain?
Old 01-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Senior Members

anyone seen this?
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=20530&hl=
CF interior trims. looks awesome.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans