E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Originally Posted by Stranger' post='266268' date='Apr 8 2006, 02:16 PM
PML has abandoned the sphere concept and gone back to the conventional squarish look. IMO, MB's building next door looks better. The PML's is just a rectangular block.

One of the reason quoted is the squarish one will be more space efficient. Why didn't they think about this at first, I wonder. Secondary or even upper primary maths will tell anyone that. Ok, I am being wicked.

Its not which building looks nicer or more space efficient. End of the day is which brand has more cars on the road that matters to them.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Eh guys!
Anyone know how to get LTA approval for Exhaust? What documentations are required? Ed, I know you got your approval yourself. Any advice?
Old 04-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by russo' post='267944' date='Apr 11 2006, 09:04 PM
Its not which building looks nicer or more space efficient. End of the day is which brand has more cars on the road that matters to them.
It doesn't matter to me if it looks nice or not. I will wish I do not have to visit it and get heart aches, high blood pressure.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='267954' date='Apr 11 2006, 10:11 PM
Eh guys!
Anyone know how to get LTA approval for Exhaust? What documentations are required? Ed, I know you got your approval yourself. Any advice?
Extracted from LTA

Exhaust system

(e.g. exhaust manifolds, catalytic converters, mufflers, etc.)

The exhaust system, which consists of the exhaust manifold, catalytic converter and muffler, is used as part of a vehicle's exhaust emission control system to ensure that the exhaust emission meets our environmental requirements. Any modification to the exhaust system would therefore require LTA's approval. The following should be submitted to LTA for evaluation:
a) Certification from the product manufacturer stating that the proposed aftermarket exhaust system is suitable for the make and model of the vehicle.
b) Certifications or test reports from independent test laboratories such as TUV, DEKRA, JVIA, VCA etc. to show that the aftermarket exhaust system when fitted to the vehicle on a per make and model basis complied with prevailing exhaust emission standards.

Note: Removing catalytic converters and mufflers are not allowed as it will adversely affect the exhaust emission characteristics of the vehicle
Old 04-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Senior Members

Since we are on modding ...

Is the 20% discount on now a hard fix rule?
Old 04-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Thanks Stranger,
Problem is I got the ACS exhaust used from another forumer. The ACS manual says the exhaust is compatible with 520, 525 and 530. Mine is 523! Do you think I will have problems? I have all the previous owner's documentation (i.e. LTA approval, Original Invoice from PML, Product Specifications).
Old 04-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Stranger' post='267962' date='Apr 12 2006, 11:32 AM
Extracted from LTA

Exhaust system

(e.g. exhaust manifolds, catalytic converters, mufflers, etc.)

The exhaust system, which consists of the exhaust manifold, catalytic converter and muffler, is used as part of a vehicle's exhaust emission control system to ensure that the exhaust emission meets our environmental requirements. Any modification to the exhaust system would therefore require LTA's approval. The following should be submitted to LTA for evaluation:
a) Certification from the product manufacturer stating that the proposed aftermarket exhaust system is suitable for the make and model of the vehicle.
b) Certifications or test reports from independent test laboratories such as TUV, DEKRA, JVIA, VCA etc. to show that the aftermarket exhaust system when fitted to the vehicle on a per make and model basis complied with prevailing exhaust emission standards.

Note: Removing catalytic converters and mufflers are not allowed as it will adversely affect the exhaust emission characteristics of the vehicle
All you need is the TUV cert (which will state manufacturer, which mod the exhaust is meant for, etc) from the manufacturer. Write to LTA Engrg Dept with your vehiucle details together with this document and they will definitely approve. From what I hear, it will be very difficult to get the headers and sports cat approved because so far the manufacturers have no TUV yet. Mufflers, no prob.

Also, you will be required to go for a VICOM inspection once fitted. They will issue an LTA letter saying your mod is approved. You must keep that in your car.

Also, there's a 20% OFF ACCESSORIES till end April. I've just ordered weatherproof covers for all 3 cars.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='267968' date='Apr 11 2006, 10:41 PM
Thanks Stranger,
Problem is I got the ACS exhaust used from another forumer. The ACS manual says the exhaust is compatible with 520, 525 and 530. Mine is 523! Do you think I will have problems? I have all the previous owner's documentation (i.e. LTA approval, Original Invoice from PML, Product Specifications).
I think I will take the Tuv cert, write to LTA and go vicom again if I want to play safe. The vicom part makes it look like a per car basis, due to the installation.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:08 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Stranger' post='267972' date='Apr 12 2006, 11:50 AM
I think I will take the Tuv cert, write to LTA and go vicom again if I want to play safe. The vicom part makes it look like a per car basis, due to the installation.
Don't need the TUV cert. I believe PML has unbrella coverage for all ACS exhausts. Will need PML inv to the last owner, invoice from the current owner to you plus the LTA approval letter. I think that will about cover it. For more info, can ctc Vincent Tan of LTA Engineering. Sorry but I forgot his number.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:12 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by russo' post='267944' date='Apr 12 2006, 10:04 AM
Whatever the design doesn't matter. A building is just a show piece. So what if they got GOLDEN TAPS in the common toilets? So what if all their CSAs wear ARMANI? Just give better service. I don't mind driving all the way to Sungei Kadut if I am assured the service level there is good.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans