E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 07:50 AM
zag
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by gshock88' post='214418
If my memory serves me right, there were a couple of cases where owners won their legal battle with PML. But you may want to work this out with Mr Robert Friend first, he may have better alternatives for you.

I had a friend who once bought a brand new car (thankfully not a bimmer!) and found that the left windows' brand is different from that of the right - his instinct proved right when he got his car evaluated. It was involved in an accident before it was handed to him. He got a brand new car as replacement after a few very nasty legal letters to the distributor - he is a lawyer!!
DON'T let them work on it! Demand reasons and explanation for it first in writing!
Old 12-22-2005, 08:04 AM
Members

Originally Posted by gshock88' post='214418' date='Dec 22 2005, 11:16 PM
Found my two weeks new 523i roof leaking after heavy rain this afternoon ! what should I do, just accept the rectification ? one of them is near the c pillar where airbag is.

Even the trunk sheetmetal where the speaker is has rusty stain seems due to water drop.

Gosh, tink tis is the worst i have seen in a new car...... totally unacceptable....... put PML/ BMW Asia on notice for this.... it calls for a new car plus other compensation.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:18 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gshock88' post='214418' date='Dec 22 2005, 11:16 PM
Found my two weeks new 523i roof leaking after heavy rain this afternoon ! what should I do, just accept the rectification ? one of them is near the c pillar where airbag is.

Even the trunk sheetmetal where the speaker is has rusty stain seems due to water drop.
You've every right to ask for a replacement. As Olivin said, go to Friend for help. I'm sure he'll refer the matter to BMW asia. Don't take no for an answer. Pls post their response here and I am sure we will be able to somehow help your cause AS A GROUP should they turn you away - which I am quite sure they will not.
In the meantime, I'd suggest you book the car in after taking some photographs. Return them all the keys, booklets, etc and ask for a loan car. I'd really feel shy driving a "new" car around in this condition. They should never let return the car back to you ever - repaired or not. We chinese call this "kiam chui chia"
I must add in fairness that all car manufacturers do encounter problem cars like yours every now and then. It is always how they respond that will make the difference and I have enough faith in PML to know that they will do a good recovery job out of this.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:30 AM
Members

Thanks all for your advise. I will book in the car tomorrow morning and ask for a loan car, and to see Frank as well. The rust stain at the trunk suggested this is really a lemon, though the water stain at the interior dried up as if nothing happen. You should see my expression when discovered water drops on the back leather seat, was at TTS open car park.

I was so happy and satisfied with previous E46 320i till 120K km milage, hope this will not spoil the fun of owning a BMW and turn me to Lexus (still think it is a Toyota after repeated test drives ) or Merc. We can tolerate in order to have fun car to drive, what to what extent is very personal..........
Old 12-22-2005, 02:43 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by gshock88' post='214477' date='Dec 23 2005, 01:30 AM
Thanks all for your advise. I will book in the car tomorrow morning and ask for a loan car, and to see Frank as well. The rust stain at the trunk suggested this is really a lemon, though the water stain at the interior dried up as if nothing happen. You should see my expression when discovered water drops on the back leather seat, was at TTS open car park.

I was so happy and satisfied with previous E46 320i till 120K km milage, hope this will not spoil the fun of owning a BMW and turn me to Lexus (still think it is a Toyota after repeated test drives ) or Merc. We can tolerate in order to have fun car to drive, what to what extent is very personal..........

gshock88,

so sorry to see this!
i am in no position to advise but please post your reply from PML.
i suppose many people like yourself will be at a lost when faced with this.

i wish you good luck in PML!
Old 12-22-2005, 04:35 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

Originally Posted by gshock88' post='214443' date='Dec 22 2005, 11:09 AM
Thanks. I will have a lawyer and legal cost standby. Certainly hope to resolve this amicably.

By the way, should I let them work on the car immediately ? while having a loaner. Should there is any further arguement or legal battle, the "evidences" could be gone !
Do not let them work on it. Best is not to let them keep your car. Hold it till they come up with a solution or rather agreed on a replacement. Once your car is there, they can do what evert they want and thing solve by themselve.

Just my opinion.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Members

This is just shocking. I would storm into PML and scream my head off if it were to happen to me. E60 supposed to be Ultimate Driving Machine but this is certainly an Utterly Driving Mad situation! Threaten to go to the press if they refuse to replace your car.

Originally Posted by gshock88' post='214477' date='Dec 22 2005, 11:30 AM

Old 12-22-2005, 08:28 PM
Members

My Ride: 520i, titanium silver, Jan 2005, Vicool Premier Package

Originally Posted by gshock88' post='214443' date='Dec 23 2005, 12:09 AM
Thanks. I will have a lawyer and legal cost standby. Certainly hope to resolve this amicably.

By the way, should I let them work on the car immediately ? while having a loaner. Should there is any further arguement or legal battle, the "evidences" could be gone !
Its a terrible thing !

Before you speak to anyone at PML, I would do the following if I were you :

1. Take photographs of the car from all angles, especially the stains and any defects;
2. Document the faults clearly in a letter to PML. Make sure that you state clearly that you reject the car. State clearly at the end of your letter that you "reserve all your rights to legal recourse". Give the letter to them and ask them to sign on your copy for safekeeping;
3. If you are worried that PML will deny eveything, as an additional measure (additional costs as well ), get a valuer's report.
4. Bring along a friend so that you will have a witness to your meeting with PML.
5. Any proposal by PML to rectify the problems that you have should be followed in writing by PML.
6. Do not return the car to them unless PML acknowledges the return of the car with full acknowledgement of the defects.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Merry X'mas
Old 12-22-2005, 09:11 PM
Members

Hi All, Thanks for the concern. Robert Friend is on-leave till next Wednesday. I send in the car to after sales manager with an official letter and above photographs , the kind sales person get me a loan 523i immediately. I told after sales manager we reject the car and expect PML to bring this issue to BMW Asia for a replacement, of course there is no commitment from the manager and he answered " has to discuss about it". I guess have to wait till next Wednesday Friend to be back.

I also asked after sales manager not to carry out any rectification work as it may involve legal battle.

Why I kind of rush to return the car because if something happen like minor accident, small dents or scratches.........or whatever, which may give PML or BMW opportunity to disclaim the responsibility, like what happen to the famous 7 series legal battle.Just hope to resolve this within PML before resort to other resources.

Please keep your opinion and advise coming, really appreciate !
Old 12-23-2005, 12:07 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by gshock88' post='214813' date='Dec 23 2005, 02:11 PM
Hi All, Thanks for the concern. Robert Friend is on-leave till next Wednesday. I send in the car to after sales manager with an official letter and above photographs , the kind sales person get me a loan 523i immediately. I told after sales manager we reject the car and expect PML to bring this issue to BMW Asia for a replacement, of course there is no commitment from the manager and he answered " has to discuss about it". I guess have to wait till next Wednesday Friend to be back.

I also asked after sales manager not to carry out any rectification work as it may involve legal battle.

Why I kind of rush to return the car because if something happen like minor accident, small dents or scratches.........or whatever, which may give PML or BMW opportunity to disclaim the responsibility, like what happen to the famous 7 series legal battle.Just hope to resolve this within PML before resort to other resources.

Please keep your opinion and advise coming, really appreciate !
this lesson really taught me that a rain check on the car before acceptance is a MUST!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans