E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 12:12 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope the after sales manager you're talking about is not HENRY LIM. If it is, then (from my own experience), may god bless you. This idiot NEVER keeps his word. I forgot to tell you to hide a small recorder in your pocket like I did. I won't dwell on this, but it pays, especially when clowns like HIM start to refute your claims.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:52 AM
Members

No, not Henry Lim, when I called Robert Friend, the secretary wanted me to speak to Henry, I remember someone in the net mentioned about him ( may be it is you) and refused to talk to him. However, the sales guy get Christopher - a bold guy to take my car. He is sitting in the glasss cubicle in the service consultant area. I do not think he is in any position to commit anything.

A girl from customer relationship girl called in the afternoon, asked or may be to reconfirm the "history", actually rather silly to answer all the question as these should be in the computer, when the car collected, when the problem ( steering column vibration/noise, aircon foul smell) registered.........said to prepared for management meeting, and will do whatever within their power

I hope Frank Friend will be on the customer side and bring this case to BMW Asia in a fair and responsible manner.

The ( at least 170K dollar) question is, would you jeopardise your relationship with your supplier/principal by fighting for a customer ? If no, I could be alone, Vs PML + BMW Asia.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:02 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='214847' date='Dec 23 2005, 05:07 PM
this lesson really taught me that a rain check on the car before acceptance is a MUST!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!
how to perform rain check on the car during acceptance? get a hose and spray on it from all angles?

gshock: just wondering. are you able to replicate the leak with a hose? good luck with your dealings with pml. sorry to hear you got a lemon there. Ed is right. make sure to document everything, recordings if possible.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:25 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gshock88' post='214897' date='Dec 23 2005, 07:52 AM
No, not Henry Lim, when I called Robert Friend, the secretary wanted me to speak to Henry, I remember someone in the net mentioned about him ( may be it is you) and refused to talk to him. However, the sales guy get Christopher - a bold guy to take my car. He is sitting in the glasss cubicle in the service consultant area. I do not think he is in any position to commit anything.

A girl from customer relationship girl called in the afternoon, asked or may be to reconfirm the "history", actually rather silly to answer all the question as these should be in the computer, when the car collected, when the problem ( steering column vibration/noise, aircon foul smell) registered.........said to prepared for management meeting, and will do whatever within their power

I hope Frank Friend will be on the customer side and bring this case to BMW Asia in a fair and responsible manner.

The ( at least 170K dollar) question is, would you jeopardise your relationship with your supplier/principal by fighting for a customer ? If no, I could be alone, Vs PML + BMW Asia.
You have just spoken to somebody even more useless than Henry Lim ! Chris is as good as the fish in his glass aquarium ! I had several encounters of nothing but disappointment :thumbsdown: ! That's why I said the only recourse is to get Robert Friend's attention. If he is on leave, then talk to the German guy Thorsten - he is next in line.

Edlee is right to say that if you threaten to show your wet ride to the automobile mags and the press, you would get their attention. Otherwise, I believe the members of this thread will rally behind you.

A few things came to my mind - one is an electronic part/connector at the bottom of the spare wheel bay - may get short-circuited when it rains - the fuel tank is a couple of feet away! The rear speakers will not be spared too, and neither will the battery bay (where all the major leads are) I think?

Please let us know what PML suggest.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:34 AM
Members

No, I think rain and spraying water are different thing. At least I think the pressure, drainage pattern could be different.

Sorry, I didn't know Chris is a fish. Will wait for Friend to be back. At least let everyone ( and myself) to have A Merry Christmas !
Old 12-23-2005, 05:37 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gshock88' post='214897' date='Dec 23 2005, 09:52 PM
However, the sales guy get Christopher - a bold guy to take my car. He is sitting in the glasss cubicle in the service consultant area. I do not think he is in any position to commit anything.

Oh No!!! You got Christopher Brown? Actually, he's the next guy I wouldn't speak with; but he's peanuts compared with HENRY LIM. You should approach Belinda Bey. She's also a Manager in charged of after sales; more towards complaints, and if her explanations and actions don't help, then her looks should calm you down somewhat.

Don't worry too much about how PML will handle BMW Asia. BMW's got a guy by the name of Simon Torsten representing them there. He's the guy Friend will approach should he think your case is good enough for some drastic measures. Speak with the expats; they're more liable to understand your position and their words carry weight.

Just give a shout if you need our help. I'm sure our friends here (myself included) wouldn't mind helping out one of us who's in need.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:19 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='214899
this lesson really taught me that a rain check on the car before acceptance is a MUST!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!
how to perform rain check on the car during acceptance? get a hose and spray on it from all angles?

gshock: just wondering. are you able to replicate the leak with a hose? good luck with your dealings with pml. sorry to hear you got a lemon there. Ed is right. make sure to document everything, recordings if possible.
[/quote]

there is an equipment with similar look to a car wash in a petrol station. it spray a huge amount of water onto the car and you can check the noises and leak while sitting in the car.
Borneo motor has one, years ago, i sent my Corona for leak check, they drove me under the rain check machine, with lots of water spraying onto us. found leaks near the door and had the seal changed.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:33 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by gshock88' post='214897' date='Dec 23 2005, 09:52 PM
There is only one way to deal with HL is not to deal with him, make it very clear with R Friend. This HL chap will make you feel he is the customer and doing you a favor kind of useless chap if you are an easy going guy. I had an episode with him but i did put him to task with one of my claims. I actually told him off squarely about his attitude.
I can see your case will involve BMW Asia and if you sense delay action from PML, you might want to call a meeting involving both PML and BMW Asia. Give Roland Krueger a call if you need to and ask for advice of recourse from BMW AG side.
I suggest you only exercise legal battle if PML/BMW is not coming in with intention to compensate to your satisfaction amounting to buying back your car and also you need to ask yourself what settlement you can be satisfied with first. Legal battle will be long and tiring and by the time they settle, the new 5 facelift will be out already. Anything can happen when lawyers start getting involved.
Other than R Friend, it is also advisable for you to get the PML MD S. Rock involved. He will be the decision maker at the end of the day!

Play soft but firm! Good luck!

keep us posted regularly on how things are moving along every step along the way. PML will hold its customer service committment and this will show how much they commit to fight for you and now let's see what BMW AG will do then.
You will not be alone, the whole e60.net community will support you!
Old 12-23-2005, 11:44 PM
Senior Members

So many forumers with negative feedback about ONE PERSON. I just wonder why PML keeps such an irrelevant employee; nobody who's driven a BMW long enough wants to speak with him and thats wasting good money. It'll definitely be bad for their business too. I know some people who will quit a brand because of people like that. Looks like the only other place of employment for him is C&C.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:10 AM
Members

gshock88, sorry to hear about your problems. For someone who was due to collect a 523i more than a week ago only to be told that "software problems" with the car has delayed delivery, I can identify a bit with your predicament. As the rest of the regulars here have mentioned, should you need the support of the community here, I for one is happy to let my voice be heard!

In the meantime, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all e60 members!

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans