E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 12:28 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Oct 18 2005, 10:27 AM
I will run an e-mail by Keith to find out more.? Anymore takers?
[snapback]185483[/snapback]
I've got a response from Keith. He pointed me some directions to the BMW Australia website which we already know. He did seem rather detached in his e-mail which means that if we want to organise anything, we'll be on our own. I'm gonna send some enquiries to BMW Australia and see if they can fix something up for us next year. I'll be back with more info.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:01 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Oct 19 2005, 04:28 PM
[quote name='Edlee' date='Oct 18 2005, 10:27 AM']I will run an e-mail by Keith to find out more.? Anymore takers?
I've got a response from Keith. He pointed me some directions to the BMW Australia website which we already know. He did seem rather detached in his e-mail which means that if we want to organise anything, we'll be on our own. I'm gonna send some enquiries to BMW Australia and see if they can fix something up for us next year. I'll be back with more info.
[snapback]186061[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thought I might chip in. Not sure if this would help.

Anyways I have some information about the BMW Driving dates. I am presently in Australia. So should you need additional information (e.g. verbal correspondence with BMW Australia). I'm happy to help.

Please find attached a PDF file on the BMW Driving Dates, types, costs and venue. Hope it helps.

BMW_Information_Dates.pdf
Old 10-19-2005, 01:14 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ascension' date='Oct 19 2005, 05:01 PM
[quote name='Edlee' date='Oct 19 2005, 04:28 PM'][quote name='Edlee' date='Oct 18 2005, 10:27 AM']I will run an e-mail by Keith to find out more.? Anymore takers?
[snapback]186061[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thought I might chip in. Not sure if this would help.

Anyways I have some information about the BMW Driving dates. I am presently in Australia. So should you need additional information (e.g. verbal correspondence with BMW Australia). I'm happy to help.

Please find attached a PDF file on the BMW Driving Dates, types, costs and venue. Hope it helps.

Attachment 11515
[snapback]186065[/snapback]
[/quote]

Opps forgot to add that the dates are for the year 2005. Nevertheless perhaps this could roughly give you guys a rough idea of what is on offer.

Let me know if you need help in organising....

Best,
Old 10-19-2005, 02:46 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ascension' date='Oct 19 2005, 05:14 PM
Opps forgot to add that the dates are for the year 2005. Nevertheless perhaps this could roughly give you guys a rough idea of what is on offer.

Let me know if you need help in organising....

Best,
[snapback]186066[/snapback]
All the dates for this year are taken up. Lets wait for response from other members before we take up the cause.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:43 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 523i steptronic (delivered 22nd Sept. 2005) solid black, amethyst dakota leather, styling 124 18" PS2

Originally Posted by zag' date='Oct 19 2005, 01:55 PM
[quote name='Edlee' date='Oct 19 2005, 10:54 AM'][quote name='bugaboo' date='Oct 19 2005, 10:36 AM']there is still dust on the bumper.? especially if it rained, or the road is wet, that part will be dusty/dirty i noticed.
[snapback]185990[/snapback]
The flat surface of the M-tech bumper is the cause. The normal E60 bumper is flat for only about 2 cm and then there is a slight slope tapering downwards. Maybe that is the reason why those w/out the M-tech are not as badly hit by dust, etc.
[snapback]185995[/snapback]
[/quote]

Don't think so! The M-tech bumper has an upward diffuser (bowl like shape if you noticed) i suspect that the air flow is more streamline and converges towards the tail as compare the original bumper, therefore the "vacuum effect" is stronger than the original design. The actual M5 bumper also has the diffuser in between the quad exhaust pipes. The boot lid finisher could well meant to cut down the vacuum or back pressure effect. OK any aeronautical/ fluid dynamic engineer here!??

I illustrate the air flow effect that may explain the difference...
[snapback]186040[/snapback]
[/quote]

I studied aeronautics at MIT. The additional vaccum effect of the M-tech diffuser is minimal, the larger bumper surface area probably increases the amount of turbulence and collects more dust.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:39 PM
lmk
Contributors

quite cool...i would choose the 350 with AWD if available.

the new IS
Old 10-20-2005, 12:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Hi Singaporeans

As some of you have talked about the white license plate light of the GS, well...I've found a light bulb that's the same spec as the one above the license plate and is in LED meaning that the light is white just like the Lexus GS .

But the problem is I put both in and it lights up but the computer shows a plate light failure for both lights I can't go back to the dealer to have this fix as this would for sure void my warranty. Any suggestion.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:26 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' date='Oct 20 2005, 12:39 AM
quite cool...i would choose the 350 with AWD if available.

the new IS
[snapback]186427[/snapback]
Erm...I would say don't bother, there've been some bad reviews for the new IS, try this link:

http://www.autozine.org/html/Toyota/IS.html

Lexus seem to have gone all soft in the handling dept. If you're used to how a Bimmer drives, a Lexus is not gonna cut it. Seems like they've given up the chase for dynamics and are just going after the Merc crowd

I suppose if it's so easy to make great handling cars that don't compromise on comfort and luxury, BMW would just be another automaker and not arguably the most admired, copied and successful carmaker at the moment.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AC_S5' date='Oct 20 2005, 04:35 PM
Hi Singaporeans

As some of you have talked about the white license plate light of the GS, well...I've found a light bulb that's the same spec as the one above the license plate and is in LED meaning that the light is white just like the Lexus GS .?

But the problem is I put both in and it lights up but the computer shows a plate light failure for both lights ? I can't go back to the dealer to have this fix as this would for sure void my warranty.? Any suggestion.
[snapback]186448[/snapback]

i think you need to add a resistor between the 2 ends of the bulb, to simulate the filament.

something like this guy?
http://www.540i6.com/ledlights.html

Old 10-20-2005, 01:45 AM
Senior Members

walao eh...we hv aeronaughtics engineers here...we hv isacc newton here....we hv alex grham bell too....

where is the rocket scientist...i dunno wot u guys talking about....simi resistor, simi filament...can someone talk about yield and dividends etc?

ok whoever can fit white lights on my plate..i buy beer!

anyway i got my white fog lamps on. currently running motul double esther oil...running in..but feel smooth oredy. trying to order racing dynamics under pulleys n probably gonna kit up with the brembo GT brakes soon.....10k...faint.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans