E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 02:58 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine from AXA at S$1870 after 50% NCD
Old 01-08-2004, 05:07 PM
Senior Members

mine also from AXA! decided agst NTUC cos they seem to be putting so many restrictive clauses in the policy...
Old 01-09-2004, 12:53 AM
Members

Saw 3 E60 on the road today - a black 530i, a black 525i and a silver grey 520i. Noticed that the 530i had quite heavily tinted windows with blueish tint. Is that a standard for the 530i?
Old 01-09-2004, 02:34 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Kiasu King' date='Jan 9 2004, 03:53 AM
Noticed that the 530i had quite heavily tinted windows with blueish tint. Is that a standard for the 530i??
hm...dun think so!

saw a black 525i along upper thomson and dark blue 520i around ayer rajah.
now we are able to see how the e60 look on the move....

looks like those early adopters prefer black har!
Old 01-09-2004, 02:52 PM
zag
Contributors

on the subject of side mirrors... can you adjust the amount of tilt down on the left mirror why you are reversing?
on my car i notice that in order to activate the tilt down, the button has to be pushed to the position for controlling right mirror such that I can not adjust the left mirror. This is odd!
on my previous 320i I was able to adjust the amount of tilt down on the left mirror during reversing.

do you have the same problem?
Old 01-09-2004, 04:39 PM
Members

Hi Zag, I find the left mirror tilt-down during reversing irritating and not so useful as it give a very limited view of the space on the passenger side of the car and the view at the back of the car is obscured. In order to adjust the tilt, you have to switch back to the left mirror.

One thing that I think BMW did not design porperly compared to the E39 is the steering wheel and in particular, the position of the horn. When I wanted to press the horn urgently, I missed it as it is not within the reach of my fingers while my hands are on the sterring wheel. In the E39 as well as the 7 series, the horn is within reach of the fingers when your hands are on the steering. I think this is a safety issue. The proper steering wheel layout/design should look like the one on the 7 series.
Old 01-10-2004, 04:28 PM
zag
Contributors

Originally Posted by Kiasu King' date='Jan 9 2004, 07:39 PM
Hi Zag, I find the left mirror tilt-down during reversing irritating and not so useful as it give a very limited view of the space on the passenger side of the car and the view at the back of the car is obscured. In order to adjust the tilt, you have to switch back to the left mirror.
if you adjust the switch to left mirror.. the tilt is disable isn't it? so how do you adjust the amount of tilt.
on my previous 320i.... the switch position has to be set to left correspondingly to the left mirror.
however on my 530i as I wrote I have to switch it on the right (corresponds to right mirror) in order for the left to tilt at reverse. can you confirm this?
i suspect there is some wiring confusion on my car. Darn Bimmer.... messing up the RH and LH drive I guess!
Old 01-11-2004, 09:56 PM
Senior Members

i dun think there is anything wrong with ur car's wiring. if u leave the switch in the right position, the left mirror will tilt when reverse is engaged. if u leave it in the left position,nothing happens.u would have to adjust it yourself if u want to ........
Old 01-12-2004, 04:54 AM
Members

Today, the active steering warning light came on again after I started the car. I had to "reboot" the car by switching off the engine and restarting it to clear the sign. When the warning sign came on, I felt the steering a bit heavier. Not sure whether it was psychological or indeed the active steering was not functioning properly. Problem could also be due to over-sensitive sensor. This is the fourth or fifth time I had this encounter.
Old 01-12-2004, 06:09 AM
Senior Members

Want to share my experience with PML. I was on the phone for almost 2 hours with a lady from BMW Asia on Friday, trying to convince her why they should let me order Bluetooth, Sterling Grey and BMW Professional Radio.

Finally had to give in on the Bluetooth, the answer I couldn't retort to: IDA haven't approved it....damn! Still quite tempted to write in to IDA though.

Sterling Grey, apparently the E60s are made at a special factory in Munich which is different from where they make the 7 series. So it's almost impossible to get colours other than what is on offer. Also, the fact that E60s have a hybrid spaceframe of steel and aluminium makes it more complicated. Something about the car building process being different.

They gave in on the Pro radio though.....

BTW, that lady from BMW Asia was really nice and patient with me.

eggz

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans