E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 12:53 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='261814' date='Mar 29 2006, 04:37 AM
it was yesterday paper or a day before yerterday i think. 8000km and also black.
8000 can't be Ed's. His is about the same time as mine, and me as a "low" mileage user already clocked 30000km. Unless his has been spending so much time in the hospital.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by Zig' post='261804' date='Mar 29 2006, 04:57 PM
I don't want my car to take off like a 747!
Does anyone have any comments on rear spoilers? Are they really effective in keeping our wheels firmly on the ground or are they for decorative purposes only?
If you really wanna take off, ask Ed! He got kang tau for Wing Flaps Can take off at much lower speeds.

Fully agreeable with Ed and LMK to drop the subject, to each his own. If you dont wanna drive fast, dont; if you wanna drive fast, be a little careful.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:54 AM
Members

Originally Posted by zag' post='261737' date='Mar 29 2006, 02:10 PM
i hate to do this for the sake of peace in sg related thread but since you kept rubbing it... i have to response!

kopi_o..
now you've referred specifically to "others"... which means some of us in the group that did the drive, all i can say is if you were there that day and seeing/experiencing the condition and how the convoy moved and there after if there is any element that constitute irresponsible reckless excessive speed driving than you have the right to slam us publicly. But since you weren't there and i think passing judgment like that is equally irresponsible of you too. have a nice day!

i think as what edlee wrote.. this topic should be dropped. none of us including yourself are saint for to pass judgment.
Er....shall we talk about the weather in malacca that day? keke. I guess everyone is entitled to their views and opinions, right or wrong is a totally different matter.

On a lighter side, the newspaper today talk about a race track being built in Tuas area and ready in 2007. Hmm...anyone has info on that development?
Old 03-29-2006, 01:52 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='261824' date='Mar 29 2006, 04:54 AM
On a lighter side, the newspaper today talk about a race track being built in Tuas area and ready in 2007. Hmm...anyone has info on that development?
It was brought up early last year when it was said it would be ready in a few months time. A year on, now they say it will be ready early next year. However, if I remember correctly, this article still talks about waiting for approval.

It's 3+km circuit. Good enough for A1 grand prix.

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/sports/story/...,103940,00.html
Old 03-29-2006, 02:44 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Stranger' post='261837' date='Mar 29 2006, 06:52 PM
It was brought up early last year when it was said it would be ready in a few months time. A year on, now they say it will be ready early next year. However, if I remember correctly, this article still talks about waiting for approval.

It's 3+km circuit. Good enough for A1 grand prix.

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/sports/story/...,103940,00.html
Well, page 43 of TODAY dtd 29 March mentions that the F1 committee has invited Singapore to submit a proposal to host the F1. What will this mean? The Tuas circuit may not take off? Or will it increase in size? Will the proposed location be changed to Marina South where the IR is to be so that hotels, etc will benefit directly?

I think everything is now slowly falling into place. There will be F1 together with the two IRs; they both work hand in hand with each other; just take a look at Monaco.

Sepang will surely suffer; not because of drop in attendance for the F1 but Singapore drivers won't have to travel so far just to test their track prowess.

Lets all hope this sudden twist takes a turn for the better so that we won't have to travel 300Km plus just for a few rounds of track experience.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:28 AM
lmk
Contributors

wow! i love this subject!

i just have lunch with a few buddies happened to be from Singapore motors sports club and a guy from a car club.
we gosip a little on this subject too.
We think the Tuas track will be built but the idea to make it a prestige club like a country club; we wonder how much will the members' fees be???

Also, Marina may be out too, more lucrative to have IR then just a race track. immediately cash.

But in theory, Sepang management is not so good in marketing, some racers were asked to pay some 20K to close the track for the guys to run there...uh.. this is just some coffee money.

so Singapore can make good use of the track for others races, i think it will be good. Like in Melbourne, they try to coincide cars shows, races, and other events with the race day.

I am one of those who love Japan GT's, lovely fast cars with pretty girls to browse along.....hehe!

"Just for Gossips"
Old 03-29-2006, 02:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='261886' date='Mar 29 2006, 09:28 AM
We think the Tuas track will be built but the idea to make it a prestige club like a country club; we wonder how much will the members' fees be???
Does it make sense to make it a private club? That would exclude the occasional participants, or discourage others to try. It will need the crowd to sustain it; otherwise, the club fee would just have to be rather high.

**Just a thouhgt**

I think Singapore was invited to bid for F1 before but was turned down. I can't remember the reason. But now with the IR, it may make more sense. Maybe that's why the Tuas one is still pending approval.

**Now this is gossip**
Old 03-29-2006, 05:05 PM
lmk
Contributors

turned down, yes....

cigarettes sponsors are one of the biggest in F1, without that, tough. Singapore does not support cigarette companies.

singapore government was not that supportive of car sports for various reasons, accidents, social and many others...

but on the other hand, we lost alot of revenues on that.
Bars, Night entertainment, resturants and hotel business especially tourism, were lost.

so to rectify this, although we are late, we need F1 to be here.

i love motor sports!
Old 03-29-2006, 05:26 PM
Senior Members

Well, without cigarette ad, there are still lots of smokers here. Even with such high tax, they are still around.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:37 PM
lmk
Contributors

ya ya!
maybe at that time, they thought collecting high tax can offest the loses of income through sponsorships....look like it is a wrong strategy.....

may the force be with F1!

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans