E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 11:12 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by SFL33X' post='291840' date='Jun 3 2006, 02:14 PM
Guys, my Nuvi 360 order shows "3 days remaining".... I think I would get it on Tuesday
Mine still says 7 days! Dont know why they offer status if they dont keep the page updated!
Old 06-02-2006, 11:53 PM
Zig
Senior Members

My Ride: E39 525i, E60 530i, F10

Originally Posted by SFL33X' post='291838' date='Jun 3 2006, 02:12 PM
Thanks lmk. Let's see how much it would cost as an extra... PML is definitely launching the Z4 this month.. via a private screening...
Saw a hot babe driving a Z4 (SFE1515) this afternoon near Orchard road.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 520i, Black leather interior, Active Steering, DSC, PDC, Ornamental grille, Audio Aux Input

Reasons why i chose SLK over Z4

We are of course comparing the V6 SLK280 and SLK 350 with the Z43.0 not the asthmatic SLK200 kompressor (which is a lousy excuse for a roadster)

(1) handling
I found the Z4 a little too sharp for my liking
The SLK was a better all rounder in day-to-day driving
The new improved rack & pinion steering sure beat the recirculating ball of the last model
The 7G-tronic seven gear auto is a sweet box - very smooth & at kickdowns it would come down 2 gears if you manually downshift with the steptronic paddle on steering wheel
The Z4's R6 3.0 sweet-six is the better engine - but the merc V6 is quite smooth but lacks the refinement we are all used to in our bimmers. (this was one point that gave me some cause for concern & i tested & retested the SLK over & over again till i finally decided to take the plunge)

(2) styling
Unfortunately in this class of cars styling is a big consideration for most (some would put this before performance hence the pervasiveness of the asthmatic SLK200)
I find the SLK's styling less controversial but Z4 is still bigger head turner (for both the pple who like it & loathe it)

(3) Interior
The Z4's spartan interior just has too much "empty" space - the large reflective metal piece on the dash was irritating when i took an afternoon testdrive at 3pm. Also no idrive!!
The SLK's feels more luxurious & well appointed. The buttons can be confusing but the overall feel of quality is HIGHER than the bimmer's
Also i ordered the Vavona wood trimmed steering wheel, handbrake, door handles & gear shifter & maybe i am getting old but am starting to prize wood fittings over aluminium
The seats in both cars are not suited for long drives.
The driving position in the SLK is better - giving a better all round view & a more cushioned & pampered feel
Also could not bear with the wind noise in the Z4 (common rag top problem) even stationary with top up you can hear a fair bit of road noise

With the top down in the Z4 the turbulence was horrible - the SLK has better aerodynamics even without
drought stop. You should see the sales lady's hair at the end of the Z4 test drive & I wasnt going all that fast - only took the top down outside Hin Lung at Leng Kee.

(4) Price
PML was willing to cut prices for ex-stock down to $205k for Z4 3.0
C&C refused to give even 1 cent of discount so SLK280 is $210,888
watch the options though - i ended up paying $25k extra for the following options - some installed locally:
-Vavona wood trim package
-AMG 18" multispoke alloys
-AMG bodykit
-Reverse sensors
-Cornering xenons
-Transparent drought stop
-iPOD integration

(5) depreciation
I am quite upset with PML's massive price cuts during any model's lifetime
I lost big time on my E60 520
So this was a consideration as well having noticed how the older generation SLK R170 held value better

(6) Service
We all know it - PML service leaves much to be desired
C&C having moved to NEW MB Centre is really turning up the charm & sales pple are more attentive & being in spanking new showroom helps the overall car buying experience & I was suckered more quickly to hand over $230k - like Ed says - "just leave" - I don't even bother to complain anymore - wife's 523i was stuck in Kg Arang for TWO days for routine oil change service. Maybe a Lexus next? or another merc?.........
Old 06-03-2006, 12:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 520i, Black leather interior, Active Steering, DSC, PDC, Ornamental grille, Audio Aux Input

Originally Posted by lmk' post='291380' date='Jun 2 2006, 01:57 AM
hey Doc!

how's your iPod installed?
and hows your SLK going?
LMK,

havent had time to ask the boys come over to cut & tuck
will let you know.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:04 AM
Members

Originally Posted by SFL33X' post='291840' date='Jun 3 2006, 01:14 AM
Guys, my Nuvi 360 order shows "3 days remaining".... I think I would get it on Tuesday

Went to PW this morning to ask about the Garmin Sing/Mal maps... its not out yet... so I guess all the Nuvi new owners will have to do with the free MalSingMaps for a while... hopefully the coders/engineers there can figure out the address or cross-road search issue...

hi,
my 360 also says 3 days....but main status is awaiting for stock..so i guess that means when they have stock ie 3 days later then they start to send it out from uk then that will be 7days later.

currently they dont have any stock...we shall see.

are you sure they have stock for you, what is the status?
Old 06-03-2006, 06:22 AM
lmk
Contributors

Ed and the Gang!

First of all, Thank you Ed for inviting us to your new Home!
Very cosy and nice.
The curry was good and i forgotten to pack home some...

Anyway, it was a nice gtg and as usual the jokes of wing flaps and all other gossips.
We now got a new mod king, hey Tony, your ride is sooooo much better now, when we have time, we shall go for a spin and some prata!

Thanks Ed.
Old 06-03-2006, 06:27 AM
lmk
Contributors

hey! i saw on CNA, Ipod for 250 sgd! celebrating Changi Airport Birthday!
Old 06-03-2006, 06:55 AM
lmk
Contributors

BZSAB,
this is the kit I am talking about. So far i have not seen one on Singapore roads, except HK.

http://www.lumma-tuning.de/
Old 06-03-2006, 08:29 AM
lmk
Contributors

this thread maybe of interests to some of us here who wish to PI their BMW.
Those who is working in a finance company can assist those who needs a loan for their PI BMW too.
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bmw-singapore...mport+singapore
Old 06-03-2006, 08:31 AM
lmk
Contributors

Guys,

Too fast Too Furious...Tokyo drift!

damn good movie, muz watch.

they used a Porsche and drift with a 350Z in a Tokyo multi storey car park. COOL!

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans