E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 08:40 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='210938
hey BZSAB. I just forwarded you the thread on the ipod dock installation.
check it out..
Yes I already saw it! I also bought the Universal Dock yesterday. Lets see if I can get it installed. Otherwise, I will use it at home with my other iPods. By the way, I already bought the A/V cable for u. iPod is very smart! They change the connectors for the MiniJack so that you have to buy their "special" AV cables at higher price. The cables I bought will still work but instead of the Standard Yellow for Video, ours is White (Audio is Red and Yellow). Still works at 1/3 of the price.
[/quote]

thanks bro for buying the cable for me. i will get it from once i am back from cambodia.
I can't wait to see your dock installation.....
Old 12-13-2005, 08:46 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='210924
Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='210868' date='Dec 14 2005, 08:49 AM
[quote name='Edlee' post='210719' date='Dec 14 2005, 01:23 AM']
Anyone else looking for I-Pod or Creative? I've got a friend (with a proper shop) who can supply these at group discounts if I can get some response. Pls PM me.
Hey Ed, how did your install go last nite? I am gonna schedule installation tonite. You just went with the TV Mobile rite? Where did the installer install the video interface and TV tuner? At the trunk or behind the monitor?
TV module was installed behind in the trunk. The interface is now located behind the monitor. Reception is very bad. I managed to receive something last night but when I tried to show off to my wife this morning, the word "no service" kept flashing. The audio bit was also bad. According to the installer, his wire may be faulty and I might just have to pop by your place tonight for him to replace it.
[/quote]

Ed,

Appointment made with installer for this evening. He should be at my place at 8:00pm. If you need to come over, do PM me for address. Others interested to view, PM me too.

Apple iPod users, any one of you know the best way to convert VCD and DVD for use with iPod. What software do I need (preferably free downloads)? Do advice. I am able to convert AVI files but is have trouble with VCD and DVDs.
[/quote]

there should be a bunch of tutorials on ilounge forum.
http://forums.ilounge.com/forumdispl...?s=&forumid=91
Old 12-13-2005, 10:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='210974' date='Dec 14 2005, 01:46 PM
Yes! I have visited the forum briefly but solutions seems generally for Mac users. I tried PQ-DVD but cost approx US$40. Just wanted to see if anyone has cheaper solution By the way, I just got the TV Mobile Tuner from San Ace ($200).
Old 12-14-2005, 12:11 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='210995
Yes! I have visited the forum briefly but solutions seems generally for Mac users. I tried PQ-DVD but cost approx US$40. Just wanted to see if anyone has cheaper solution By the way, I just got the TV Mobile Tuner from San Ace ($200).
[/quote]

hope this helps.

http://www.videora.com/en-us/Convert...d/download.php
Old 12-14-2005, 01:42 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Stranger' post='210711' date='Dec 14 2005, 01:06 AM
Hey, I might just bump into you in HK this Thurs (as if it were a small dot; ). Was in Xiamen the past 2 days; now in ShenZhen. Nice and cool weather so far.

Still trying to figure out what to put in, a PC or a Mac or none; just TV, and reverse cam. But I would just like to transfer all my songs into apple lossless, and forget about the CD changer and cranky single slot CD player. Then I can try getting GPS in also.

Still dreaming ...
Peh, I will be going to HK tomorrow night, perhaps we can have mini GTG on Saturday if you are still there. Its been cool and wet in Taipei these 2 days.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='211023
Hey, I might just bump into you in HK this Thurs (as if it were a small dot; ). Was in Xiamen the past 2 days; now in ShenZhen. Nice and cool weather so far.

Still trying to figure out what to put in, a PC or a Mac or none; just TV, and reverse cam. But I would just like to transfer all my songs into apple lossless, and forget about the CD changer and cranky single slot CD player. Then I can try getting GPS in also.

Still dreaming ...
Peh, I will be going to HK tomorrow night, perhaps we can have mini GTG on Saturday if you are still there. Its been cool and wet in Taipei these 2 days.
[/quote]

Aiya, me going to HK for 1/2 day and then late afternoon/evening will be flying back ... I will GTG on Friday night with you "virtually">
Old 12-14-2005, 08:35 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='211023

Still dreaming ...
[/quote]

Tate, GTG with HKG e60 folks lar!
any luck on 8-days?
Old 12-14-2005, 09:21 AM
zag
Contributors

anyone said hi to Rob of DMS recently and handed over C/card as well for his magic potion?

4000 posts coming up and counting....
Old 12-14-2005, 10:13 AM
zag
Contributors

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' post='209522
Originally Posted by zag' post='208996' date='Dec 8 2005, 11:00 PM
after driving the e60 for 2 years now... one conclusion everything is great but the transmission system SUCKS big time! It's so retarded I want to puke now! It wasn't that bad when CIP was ver 13.x
I agree!!!! That's why you should get the 6-spd manual.....then u only have yourself to blame *mostly*
I agree with Zag that after 2 years, the E60's characteristics have changed, its performance have deteriorated after a few software upgrades. My take is not just on the driving characteristics, but also others.

Take for example the remote key - when I first had the car, I could lock/unlock from a good distance, it even worked a little further when someone suggested placing the key under our chin! Now I have to walk relatively near before it could work ???!!!@@$%#

Arrrrr, the transmission; yes it sucks big time. I would rate it worst than my previous E39 (it's a 5-speed auto and athe E60's is a 6-speed, I understand), but still...... And once too often, you would have to press the damn accelerator all the way to feel the engine coming on

Take a look at the plastics in the cabin panels - within a year, it starts to peel (I don't suppose this happened to any other cars, do they? Be they Japs or Continentals???) And of course, the squeaks - a signature problem with E60s. Come to think of it, we are not hearing new owners complaining of this problem? Have they solved it???? Mine had the NEW seals that still squeaks and the ugly anti-friction Scotch Tape is still there :thumbsdown: My comfort seats are not so comfortable to my sensitive ears - the side bolsters is noisy

[/quote]

olivin, does your brake feel spongy?
fellow e60 drove my ride and he said my brake feels spongy. he is driving a 5000 km old milage e60. When i was driving the loaner 523i, the brake bites more as well. I recently had the brake pad changed only. what gives?
Old 12-14-2005, 10:35 AM
zag
Contributors

Post# 4000

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans