E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 06:55 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zag' date='Aug 13 2005, 10:33 AM
Olivin530i... heard yr ride is in pml PC please let us know how is rev 18 software working!
Some folks in the forum complaining about slam on the 545's
I am going in next week to get the upgrade for gear shift lag on 16.x
[snapback]158933[/snapback]
Ya, my ride is in with more than 10 things for them to fix

Brake fluid service due also*change aircon compressor - cold air only after driving abt 2 km*replace lock for centre console - peeling n squeaky*replace console dashboard cover - peeling*squeaky doors - even after new (yellow dot) door seals - changed in Apr 05*squeaky side lumbar supports on comfort seats - both driver and passenger - squeaks like hell!*anti-trap in one particular window*noisy wing mirror after folding*steering does not return to position - need to press button on side of seat to activate*bad echo on bluetooth - asked them to change mic*one unit front PDC shrill without obstruction intermittently - talking about 7th month *

I am keeping my fingers crosssed they will be able to solve all the problems by Monday,
Old 08-14-2005, 07:53 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Got another engine overheat message today. Shoot! either the sensor is screwed or the engine cooling system is.
Thanks for the feedback from most of you regarding having 3 bars on the rev counter. I have 1 to none right now and trying to recall if I have 3 bars at all before the recent incidents.

Olivin, let me know how they fix the nosiy wing mirror folding problem and steering not returning to preset position. I have these problems too.
I still yet to get the buzzing odomoter at 3k rpm fixed.

Tategoi, airbag about $1K; M-sport s/wheel about S$900 after 25%. Since euro has come down, at current voucher of 20% discount it will still cheaper than the price at 25% disc.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:05 AM
zag
Contributors

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Aug 12 2005, 10:39 PM
[quote name='lmk' date='Aug 12 2005, 12:36 PM']should i go for 523i? any advice?
[snapback]158529[/snapback]
Not now. Drive it a little longer and wait for the facelift. Probably in another year or so. By then most of the little niggly problems will have been sorted out.
[snapback]158613[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ed.. M5/M6 soon!?
... with that kinda dough u ought to consider carrera 4s or something in the neighborhood. Seriously!
Old 08-14-2005, 09:14 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zag' date='Aug 15 2005, 12:05 AM
Ed.. M5/M6 soon!?
... with that kinda dough u ought to consider carrera 4s or something in the neighborhood. Seriously!?
[snapback]159177[/snapback]
Porsche? No way Jose!!!
Tested the Carrera. Can't stand the noise.
Right now, it's most likely the M6. Accordingly to PML, its slated for prod Sep but still no pricing and I have not had a chance to add options yet. Don't even know the standard eqpt list. IMO we're looking at Oct prod.
End of the day, I'll still have to see the final pricing before I really confirm the model I want.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:30 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Aug 14 2005, 11:14 AM
Porsche?? No way Jose!!!
Tested the Carrera.? Can't stand the noise.
Right now, it's most likely the M6.? Accordingly to PML, its slated for prod Sep but still no pricing and I have not had a chance to add options yet.? Don't even know the standard eqpt list.? IMO we're looking at Oct prod.
End of the day, I'll still have to see the final pricing before I really confirm the model I want.
[snapback]159201[/snapback]

I agree with the M6 over CarerraS or even 996 Turbo. The M6's 507 horses blows away anything from Porsche at the moment, except the CarerraGT and possibly the 997 TurboS. And with the M6, you get lots of comfort even for 4, better refinement and isolation and everyday practicality, and I think there won't be as many on the road as the Porsches.

On paper the M6 is a fanstastic GT car, think of bang for the buck, if an M5 can beat the F430, imagine what an M6 can do. Ferrari 612s and Bentley Continental GTs should be very afraid

Now if ony I had half a million bucks to spare :'(
Old 08-14-2005, 10:06 PM
zag
Contributors

Originally Posted by eggz' date='Aug 15 2005, 10:30 AM
[quote name='Edlee' date='Aug 14 2005, 11:14 AM']Porsche?? No way Jose!!!
Tested the Carrera.? Can't stand the noise.
Right now, it's most likely the M6.? Accordingly to PML, its slated for prod Sep but still no pricing and I have not had a chance to add options yet.? Don't even know the standard eqpt list.? IMO we're looking at Oct prod.
[snapback]159201[/snapback]

I agree with the M6 over CarerraS or even 996 Turbo. The M6's 507 horses blows away anything from Porsche at the moment, except the CarerraGT and possibly the 997 TurboS. And with the M6, you get lots of comfort even for 4, better refinement and isolation and everyday practicality, and I think there won't be as many on the road as the Porsches.

On paper the M6 is a fanstastic GT car, think of bang for the buck, if an M5 can beat the F430, imagine what an M6 can do. Ferrari 612s and Bentley Continental GTs should be very afraid

Now if ony I had half a million bucks to spare :'(
[snapback]159338[/snapback]
[/quote]

Exactly that's the half a million dollar question.... in that kinda dough neighborhood real estate opens up to more choices. If i want to burn half a mill.. i'd be looking hard other than a bimmer.
No doubt M5 beats the F430 in terms of bang for the buck, but remember the writer did write that climbing into the Ferrari cabin.. the feeling is priceless.
I guess different stroke for different follks.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:22 PM
zag
Contributors

Just to update on the engine overheat message i got..
drove to PML early today but my regular CSA was out so I went for the third available one.
Here is some anecdote to share.....
CSA: Morning sir, what can i do for u?
Me: Engine overheat message on i-drive, need to see what's wrong?
CSA (keying into PC and look at info): Err.. yr car is taken care regularly of by Mr X.
Me: Yeap, but he is out today.
CSA: OK. let's see
Walking to car bay. CSA pop up the boot.
CSA: Any water leakage sign?
He raised the car up to look underneath for sign of water leakage.
Engine is hot so can't check coolant level to be accurate.
Me: Yeah.. I forgot to check this morning before driving off.
CSA: Perhaps should wait about half an hour then we assess again.
Me: But let's not assume is the coolant level. I don't really believe is the coolant level. How about the temp sensor?
The white bars are at 0 level vs. what i know from othe 530is owner who has 3 on display after running the car?
CSA: Let's see. Let me book you slot tomorrow to come in for a check. In the mean time you drive nornally and see if it happen again? Beside we need to cool down the engine to check accurately the coolant level.
Me (already started to loose my patience): You want me to drive the car with potential a fault in the cooling system. If the engine blow up, you let me have a new car and i will be OK!
No. I want this fix now and today. Let's get Mr T here and see what he has got to say.
CSA: Ok ... give me a few minute and let me run a diagnostic.
Me: OK! I will wait but i'm in a hurry for 9:30am meeting.

So I strolled back into the showroom and sat down. Saw my sales rep and she came over and we chatted about what happen to recent sales world!

15 minutes later... went to see the CSA.
CSA: Ran the diagnostics, there is error message called out for faulty thermostat.
I went like: " Duh!"

What is the moral of the story?
Old 08-14-2005, 10:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Customer is always right?????????????
Old 08-14-2005, 10:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Really would like to know who this CSA is; not that I would go there for my next service...
Old 08-14-2005, 11:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zag' date='Aug 15 2005, 12:22 AM
What is the moral of the story?
[snapback]159377[/snapback]
Heh...heh...must be tough for the CSA, always kenna proved wrong

Moral, of the story, never argue with an E60 customer who is vastly more technically inclined, a regular at e60.net and the Singapore E60 meetups

Way to go Zag!

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans