E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 06:18 PM
lmk
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bugaboo' date='Sep 1 2005, 09:36 AM
[quote name='lmk' date='Sep 1 2005, 09:32 AM'][quote name='Edlee' date='Sep 1 2005, 12:12 AM'][quote name='russo' date='Aug 31 2005, 11:48 PM']BTW bird poop is easier to be washed on with Zymol wax on.?
[snapback]165566[/snapback]
Bird poop. My worst enemy!!! These creatures never know where the nearest grass patch is. They especially love black cars!!!

Anyway, washing away bird poop is easy. Just spray plenty of water over it. Its the aftereffect thats scary.
[snapback]165572[/snapback]
[/quote]

i thought a recent survey found out that birds love to drop on white or lighter colored cars?

update:

i was at my installer place to install my Macmini and the video interface, the MAc works OK , but the video does not toggle.
called Korea this morning (the factory) and they are sending another set by FEDEX today to me and i am returning the old set by collect all at their costs. what a service!

the bad thing is that my installer cannot make it by this weekend so i cannot show you guys how my Macmini with DVD, itunes and GPS on board for this Sunday meeting..
[snapback]165776[/snapback]
[/quote]

i also think bird poop loves white cars

lmk. can't wait to see ur car. without a touch screen how do you control the mac mini? have to have keyboard? or on screen? to input gps destination?

great to hear the korea provider is responsive. if thats the case, maybe the group here and do a group buy from him.. cheaper.
[snapback]165778[/snapback]
[/quote]

ya....he is, He even try to rectify and isolate the fault with me on the phone. but even before that, he said:" i'll send a new one to you" let's see he keep to his promise.

once my set gets working, i can arrange a group purchase.

as to how to control, the Mac mini has bluetooth built in. the original keyboard / mouse is blue toothed and the macmini b/t has version 2.0 is for multiple b/t device. therefore my V802 phone can control the Mac like forward, rev, stop and volume on the itune.
all POI are input into the GPS software and can be set before driving. if need be, the keyborard is always there. like Edlee mentioned, and i agree, for a singaporean, i do not really need a gps to guide me in singapore but in times of needing to find a place or building, i would love to have it in the car. that is when i need a gps guidance.

but for now, i only have my ICE built, tuned to a Jazz environment, playing from my Ipod. love the sound though.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:19 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Sep 1 2005, 09:56 AM
[quote name='bugaboo' date='Sep 1 2005, 09:36 AM']i also think bird poop loves white cars
[snapback]165778[/snapback]
You guys may be right.

But these are really rude creatures that don't care a damned who they offend. Better apply a license to carry a shotgun in the trunk!!!
[snapback]165780[/snapback]
[/quote]

wa...sounds like you really hate birds. if you can get any pigeons, let me know...i love them roasted.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:53 PM
Members

My Ride: E39 -- E60 coming soon

Well, Zymol does work on dark colors but they do work wonders for light colors too. In fact you can see a nice sheen on a titanium silver (for example) where the metallic color really glows. Its true. Of course having the Zymol protection is the other factor. Its not which product you put it on thats important, its also how your car is prepared to be waxed. Washing, Cleaning and feeding your brand new paintwork is what we do best.

Its good to apply a layer of wax when your car is still new. 4 to 6 weeks applies to those cars which had a new coat of paint. If you think about it, by the time your car rolls out from the factory to the holding area, up the ship, sail to our shores, to PDI, and to NCDC, the paintwork would have been sufficiently cured by then. As we don't use a buffer to polish your car, you can rest assured your paintwork won't be damaged in anyway with regards to swirl marks. BTW bird poop is easier to be washed on with Zymol wax on.
[snapback]165566[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks for all your advice. Will PM you
Old 08-31-2005, 10:31 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by valvetronic' date='Aug 24 2005, 01:42 PM
Please note that the location of the EVC-CCF Tulip Hearts Day Drive-Thru Donation has been relocated to Kallang Carpark E (Indoor Stadium).

4.30 PM
Sunday 4th September
Kallang Carpark E

Lets make this a meaningful GTG. Who is on?

1. tategoi
2. edlee
3. laimk ( will defintely try this time!)
5. eggz (may not be able to stay, just grab tulips say hi and go!)
6. valvetronic (can't stay too long. Agree we've been blessed indeed!)
7. zag

Go there to buy paper tulips at $2 (if I remember correctly) a stalk. The proceeds will go to the Children's Cancer Foundation. We are blessed with such good cars, lets do our part by giving to the society.
[snapback]162729[/snapback]
can't make it at 430pm. will go by earlier to support instead.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:51 PM
Members

EuroVanClub-Children?s Cancer Foundation Tulip Hearts Day is just around the corner, the response in various club forums so far has been satisfactory. We hope that the turn out at Kallang will be good and the sales of the tulips will be better compare to last year. I would like to take this opportunity to state some ground rules on D-Day over at Kallang.

Ground Rules for Drive-Thru

1. During convoy around Kallang or reaching the Drive-Thru location, please keep within speed limit.

2. Do not drive or overtake recklessly.

3. Please follow the instructions from our Drive-Thru marshals at the carpark.

4. After you have made your donation at the Drive-Thru, please do not block the way, proceed to park your vehicle or carry on with your activities.

5. Park your vehicle in designated parking lot.

6. Do not pull stunts, short sprints, wheel spins, etc.

7. Watch out for pedestrian at the carpark.

8. Give way to the public users at the carpark.

9. Do not litter the place.

10. There will be vehicles of all makes and models, respect each other?s ride.

We hope that everyone arrive safely, enjoy each others accompany and leave safely. It?s a meetup for good cause, so we will feel bad if anything bad happen to anyone in the automotive community. Feel free to mingle around with other members from other clubs after you have made your donation. Last but not least, EuroVanClub committee would like to thank you all in advance. Lets bring hope to the children.

See you on Tulip Hearts Day 4th September @ Kallang carpark E (Indoor Stadium)

Thomas aka CaddyT
EuroVanClub Team
Old 08-31-2005, 11:52 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by caddyt' date='Sep 1 2005, 02:51 PM
Ground Rules for Drive-Thru
[snapback]165820[/snapback]
Oh No!!! Does that mean we can't do a "Too Fast Too Furious" routine? And how are we gonna show off our gals in tight mini skirts and bikini tops?

Just kidding . We are normal slow cruising Ah Peks who will come around, contribute and then go over to the nearest park, whip out our bird cages and hear them birds sing. Cool, ain't it?
Old 09-01-2005, 12:25 AM
Senior Members

ok i m gonna put cotton wool in my exhaust.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Aug 30 2005, 09:47 PM
[quote name='soc_fans' date='Aug 31 2005, 02:52 AM']Yup i'm still here, just came back from Indo a few days ago. I will be back to SF in about three weeks time. Err.. how does the 166M rims looks like? Is it the same as the one that your friend Sam has? And what about your AC type 4 wheels, have you sold them yet?
[snapback]165189[/snapback]
166M is the M5 rim. The same as Sam's. Will you be around Sunday? Why not join us at Kallang Macdonald's at 4.00pm on Sunday? The E60 group will be there.

Yes my ACS rims still around. I've had a few people look at them already. You're interested? Call me if you are.
[snapback]165405[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yup i will try to make it. But it would be awkward for me if i'm not the only E60 there.

totoseow are you going? I am eager to see & hear the Gruppe M CAI you have installed. Are you still interested in the brembos though?
Old 09-01-2005, 02:04 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Sep 1 2005, 05:14 PM
But it would be awkward for me if i'm not the only E60 there.?

totoseow are you going? I am eager to see & hear the Gruppe M CAI you have installed.? ? Are you still interested in the brembos though?
[snapback]165833[/snapback]
Not at all. You do drive an E60 in the USA, don't you? You're a member of this forum, aren't you?

Toto will be there. He's gonna give us all a second demo of his doughnut run.

We'll talk about the Brembos when we see you. Be there or be square!!!
Old 09-01-2005, 06:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Question: Which bird would look before they shit?

If I remember correctly there was this bird show on animal planet. They did a research on birds vision and turned out they were color blind except for eagles and owls.

Anyway a bird poop is a bird poop is a bird poop no matter what they had for breakfast. So best way to do is to soak a wet tissue on it, let it soak in for like 5 minutes and wipe away with another wet tissue. You don't want an unsightly mark on your paintwork right?

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans