E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 12:31 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hari raya haji surely will be tons traffic dont think can speed all the way.

how about 22nd sunday is every one back by then and ed m6 surely would be well run in by then.

bugaboo 180km our 523 no problem. 200 km may be tough unless enough stretch of clear road.

we can always be the last few cars and go at our own comfort pace.

let the m6 and 530 do the pace and pave for us.i dont mind smelling smoke if i can keep up with them.

need balls of steel
Old 01-07-2006, 04:34 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 1628' post='220426' date='Jan 7 2006, 05:31 PM

how about 22nd sunday is every one back by then and ed m6 surely would be well run in by then.

bugaboo 180km our 523 no problem. 200 km may be tough unless enough stretch of clear road.

let the m6 and 530 do the pace and pave for us.i dont mind smelling smoke if i can keep up with them.

need balls of steel
Lets just assume that there will be those going really fast and some who will go at their own pace. We're actually quite disciplined, going fast only at certain stretches. It'll be good convoy driving most of the time.

The one advantage of Hari Raya Haji is that you'll get less trucks along the way which is a great bonus!!!
Old 01-07-2006, 07:13 AM
lmk
Contributors

Ming,

as promised, i installed front row into the macmini.
works great! use my sonyericson W900i to control to play music, and dvd..etc.
so far so good.
Attached Thumbnails E60 for Singaporeans-dsc00010.jpg   E60 for Singaporeans-dsc00012.jpg  
Old 01-07-2006, 07:24 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='220483

need balls of steel
Lets just assume that there will be those going really fast and some who will go at their own pace. We're actually quite disciplined, going fast only at certain stretches. It'll be good convoy driving most of the time.

The one advantage of Hari Raya Haji is that you'll get less trucks along the way which is a great bonus!!!
[/quote]

True, for holidays, less trucks but beware of coaches.
the last time i went up to KL took about 2hr 20 from toll to toll JB, avg about 200km/h with lowest 170-180 most of the time. highest 230 kmh for a some stretches. nice drive. only a wrx came close but he gave up after about 30 min continuous at 200kmh plus.

Ed,

if you need my new toy, let me know, i can loan you with newly upgraded software. i have not try the new software yet but the last time, it was still old version but was very helpful. if you drive up with either of your ride, it is a must have!

Tategoi,

download the latest Malsing maps, i used it on my O2 Atom and my car gps, extremely accurate. with lots of points of interests and food joints.
you will be surprised how detailed those maps are....these guys are really good at it.

p.s. use the routable one, very handy and useful if you are lost....one more thing, bring along walkie talkie, if need to buy, sim lim square has a shop selling at very reasonable price. i think it is on the second floor.

good luck and enjoy guys!

i can't join this time as i am going to BKK whole week and back for awhile then leaving for new york.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='220544' date='Jan 8 2006, 12:24 AM
Ed,

if you need my new toy, let me know, i can loan you with newly upgraded software. i have not try the new software yet but the last time, it was still old version but was very helpful. if you drive up with either of your ride, it is a must have!

i can't join this time as i am going to BKK whole week and back for awhile then leaving for new york.
Ah, that'll be great!!! Will benefit the whole convoy.

Also, must meet up with you. Need to ask you a favour whilst you're in New York.

Will ctc you soon.
Old 01-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='220541' date='Jan 8 2006, 12:13 AM
Ming,

as promised, i installed front row into the macmini.
works great! use my sonyericson W900i to control to play music, and dvd..etc.
so far so good.
thats cool man. gonna get me one soon.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='220544
Originally Posted by 1628' post='220426' date='Jan 7 2006, 05:31 PM

need balls of steel

the last time i went up to KL took about 2hr 20 from toll to toll JB, avg about 200km/h with lowest 170-180 most of the time. highest 230 kmh for a some stretches. nice drive. only a wrx came close but he gave up after about 30 min continuous at 200kmh plus.

Ed,

Tategoi,

download the latest Malsing maps, i used it on my O2 Atom and my car gps, extremely accurate. with lots of points of interests and food joints.
you will be surprised how detailed those maps are....these guys are really good at it.

p.s. use the routable one, very handy and useful if you are lost....one more thing, bring along walkie talkie, if need to buy, sim lim square has a shop selling at very reasonable price. i think it is on the second floor.

[/quote]

lmk,

did not know youre the kind that love to speed and was that accomplished in you stock 520 or 7 series?

what i the web site for downloading the malaysain gpssoftware
tia
Old 01-07-2006, 05:42 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by 1628' post='220764
Originally Posted by Edlee' post='220483' date='Jan 7 2006, 09:34 PM
[quote name='1628' post='220426' date='Jan 7 2006, 05:31 PM']

need balls of steel

Ed,

Tategoi,

[/quote]

lmk,

did not know youre the kind that love to speed and was that accomplished in you stock 520 or 7 series?

what i the web site for downloading the malaysain gpssoftware
tia
[/quote]

like i told you, i used to race from radio controlled models to go karts to real cars when i was younger. now i am older, more tame and sensible. SAFETY first!
scared to die lah...i want to enjoy life now.

i ran in my 520, in fact, i drove slower in my 7.

you may goto www.malsingmaps.com goto download section.
alot to learn about gps and maps.

cheers!
Old 01-08-2006, 04:58 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='219403
no i hv not done anything....i m so lost with all those tech. stuff..oh dear..i dunno where to begin...
OK! Just had a chat with the 2 installers and they found a digital TV Tuner with extra Audio Input for my iPod. Will cost $650.

Understand they installed this Tuner in an e60 last recently. Please post comments. I have scheduled install next Thursday.
[/quote]

Hi BZSAB,

It was me who got the new TV tuner from the installers at $650 with two antennaes. You can watch TV on the move, but again it depends on the location, and its definitely not ideal. However, when you are stationary, (so far) most channels work.

Switching from TV to iPod (video) and vice versa, requires the use of the TV's remote to turn it off + optionally the VI's remote (to switch back to the iDrive screen, if not you can just leave it on the blue screen). Apparently, it is easier than having to switch cables.

Sorry, I don't use the car much and I hope this helps

dlau
Old 01-08-2006, 07:04 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by dlau' post='220871
Originally Posted by totoseow' post='219018' date='Jan 4 2006, 10:51 PM
no i hv not done anything....i m so lost with all those tech. stuff..oh dear..i dunno where to begin...
OK! Just had a chat with the 2 installers and they found a digital TV Tuner with extra Audio Input for my iPod. Will cost $650.

Understand they installed this Tuner in an e60 last recently. Please post comments. I have scheduled install next Thursday.
Hi BZSAB,

It was me who got the new TV tuner from the installers at $650 with two antennaes. You can watch TV on the move, but again it depends on the location, and its definitely not ideal. However, when you are stationary, (so far) most channels work.

Switching from TV to iPod (video) and vice versa, requires the use of the TV's remote to turn it off + optionally the VI's remote (to switch back to the iDrive screen, if not you can just leave it on the blue screen). Apparently, it is easier than having to switch cables.

Sorry, I don't use the car much and I hope this helps

dlau
[/quote]

as explained before, Ch 5, 8 and CNA will not be good no matter what receiver you have.
only Mobile ch is good. this is due to the different type of transmission in digital.
those going up to KL this week with the tv can tune in to the malaysia channel, you'll be heading for some very good tranismission even in KL.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans