E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 08:49 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='222082
Originally Posted by zag' post='221255' date='Jan 9 2006, 01:29 PM
SMS some of you guys yesterday if we are still on for tomorrow "milk run" and didn't hear back other than from Ed.

So looks like it will be the weekend this Sunday. so who is on?
try again here....
1. zag
2. edlee

I can't make it this sunday either... :thumbsdown:
You guys should have made the run today (Hari Raya Haji). Came back from KL today by road and the traffic was super smooth, harly any trucks and only a handful of tour buses, and no speed trap and custom clearance on each side in less than 3 mins! Overcast sky with occasional drizzles along the way near melaka back to Singapore. It was a great day to travel actually.
[/quote]

Sounds good. Your car fully run in liao?

We'll live to drive another day I guess. Just need to find a day where most of us can make it.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:40 PM
Members

yo calvin,

did you try for top speed????regarding summons check a few months later lah...hahha.

guys lets do it in march, feb with cny very busy month.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Originally Posted by 1628' post='222548' date='Jan 11 2006, 02:40 PM
yo calvin,

did you try for top speed????regarding summons check a few months later lah...hahha.

Yep we'll talk about when its closer to march. Now is a bit too far to confirm it.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:49 AM
Senior Members

saw this on the ice forum.

if anyone is thinking of upgrading their dtv tuner to the 2 antenna type.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/messag...tem&msg=15738.1
Selling the below items.. ( everything must go )
Kicker 12' CVR with original Kicker box - $400 ( bought New at $700 )
Alpine V12 Mono Block Amp - $400
Kicker 12' Comp with box - $150
DVB TV Tuner with 2 anntena for watching Ch 8 , 5 , U......etc. - $380
Lanzar Heritage 250W x 4 Channel AMP - $170
6' x 9' speaker box with carpet x 2 - $35 each
1 x Capacitor - $70
All above items are all in good condition used 6mths.. Price nego...

Interested pls sms/ call - 98478844
Old 01-11-2006, 06:13 AM
Senior Members

Guys, this is just preliminary. I am thinking of letting go my M166 rims; just maybe; if the price is right. I am very tempted to buy the M167 rims (M6). Pls PM me if there's any interest at all. As you all know, these rims have been on my ride for less than 5 months and are still in prestine condition. However, the rims will not come with tyres.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:24 AM
Members

Originally Posted by russo' post='222625
yo calvin,

Yep we'll talk about when its closer to march. Now is a bit too far to confirm it.
[/quote]

Haha, didn't drive up in my car though, was in another friend's Bimmer. My car will run in by next week. Unfortunately, it's sitting in PML workshop for spray painting of the bonet. Some idiot inflicted a deep scratch (about 3 inches in length) on the bonet using what appeared to be a key. A typical vandalism case. Was at Orchard Cineleisure carpark some more.

Indeed I would love to take the car up north for a run. Will hope to join in when you guys make the run in the near future.

My last car has 6 outstanding summons, all were from fake speed trap laid down by the polis claiming they have photo evidence of my speed (Almost always I was booked for travelling 125-129km/hr whereas I was clearly going above 160km/hr). Each time they stopped me at Malaysia's immigration, I asked for photo evidence and they can never produced them. Just have to put up a little inconvenience each time crossing back to Singapore.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Members

i have 4summons dated back to 2002 and i was surprised that it was updated sometime last year only( checked on this web site)but they never stop me at check point leh?

since gonna get booked any way might as well speed all the way right, value for money hahaha.
i will be changing my no plate soon hahahahaha.

how much did pml charge you for the paint job.

guys i am looking into lowering my ride but i still want ride comfort no tracking for me so what is good pls recommend

TIA
Old 01-12-2006, 07:08 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 1628' post='223115' date='Jan 12 2006, 12:59 PM
i have 4summons dated back to 2002 and i was surprised that it was updated sometime last year only( checked on this web site)but they never stop me at check point leh?

since gonna get booked any way might as well speed all the way right, value for money hahaha.

guys i am looking into lowering my ride but i still want ride comfort no tracking for me so what is good pls recommend

TIA
Hi Tony, I paid $650 for the paint job covering the entire bonet. Was told a complete car paint job would set one off by $5k! I am sure a third party would do it for not more than 3k.

As for the lowering the ride, you can go for the Sports suspension setting (code 226), with the car lowered by 15mm and the price quoted previously was $1501. This is not the same as the M sports suspension (code 704) which is approx $3k. Hope this helps.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Senior Members

guys, couple of new docks will be out which will allow for display of playlists on the big screen. not just the video. they both seem to have remotes. but no mention of remote extender, so you can't mount your ipod out of sight with some extra work.

griffin tunecenter

and

dlo homedock deluxe
Old 01-12-2006, 05:25 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='223289

TIA
Hi Tony, I paid $650 for the paint job covering the entire bonet. Was told a complete car paint job would set one off by $5k! I am sure a third party would do it for not more than 3k.

As for the lowering the ride, you can go for the Sports suspension setting (code 226), with the car lowered by 15mm and the price quoted previously was $1501. This is not the same as the M sports suspension (code 704) which is approx $3k. Hope this helps.
[/quote]

code 226 at $1501? what set up is that? is this retrofit or factory option price?
didn't know there is sport suspension that cheap from OEM...

1628, if you want comfort and sporty drive, go retrofit the OEM sport suspension... it definitely improve the handling.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans