E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 05:19 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by caddyt' date='Sep 5 2005, 08:28 PM
My thanks to the 5 drivers who came in the Beemers, thanks for obliging to buy the tulips from me time and again. What came out from their wallets were purple to red to BLUE!
[snapback]167025[/snapback]
Thanks for the msg, CaddyT. There were seven of us right? Two got missed out? Maybe they should try and gain more weight like me. Never get missed; ever again!!
Old 09-05-2005, 06:56 AM
Senior Members

She was referring to the second part, where Valvetronic was caught with his lone blue bird, and we fired 4 red ones to save him

BMW530, we should be meeting up on the last Sunday of September, ie. 25th September with the BMW.SG forumers. Do you still have my number? Just give me a ring when you get to Singapore.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:10 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tategoi' date='Sep 5 2005, 10:56 PM
She was referring to the second part, where Valvetronic was caught with his lone blue bird, and we fired 4 red ones to save him

BMW530, we should be meeting up on the last Sunday of September, ie. 25th September with the BMW.SG forumers. Do you still have my number? Just give me a ring when you get to Singapore.
[snapback]167052[/snapback]
Photo of you guys coming up soon.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:18 AM
Senior Members

valvetronic, thanks for the photos! Finally got to meet you and lmk, hope to meet up with you guys again in the future.

Sorry I had to run off so early, brother-in-law getting married, helping him to do some stuff.

My son's having fun playing with the tulips, latest is he's pretending they are spears and throwing them at me
Old 09-05-2005, 07:29 AM
Members

My Ride: E39 -- E60 coming soon
Got my new E60 on Friday

Got wet in the rain the moment I left Dunearn Road

Compared to my E39, the gear changes seem more obvious, not as smooth. Don't really remember that on the test car I tried out.

The Potenza Run flats on the 17 in 116 makes for a much harder ride than my 16 in rims/Contis in my E39.

Otherwise
Old 09-05-2005, 01:06 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tategoi' date='Sep 5 2005, 03:56 PM

[snapback]167052[/snapback]
Tategoi,
25th sounds fine with me (last day before leaving). Yes I still have your number and will give you a ring when I get to Singapore.
Cheers
Old 09-05-2005, 06:50 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BoneDoc' date='Sep 5 2005, 11:29 PM
Got my new E60 on Friday

Got wet in the rain the moment I left Dunearn Road?

Compared to my E39, the gear changes seem more obvious, not as smooth. Don't really remember that on the test car I tried out.

The Potenza Run flats on the 17 in 116 makes for a much harder ride than my 16 in rims/Contis in my E39.

Otherwise?
[snapback]167068[/snapback]
Ha ha!! Russo, Zag and Tategoi will dub you the new "rainman" Glad someone will finally take over that title from me.

Your gear changes are not as smooth as the car is running in and is learning the way you drive. If you're the only one driving the E60, it'll get used to you in no time and you'll really appreciate the drive.

Runflats are no good. Upgrade to 18 or 19 inch with conti or Michelin. You can get good trade-in value for your runflats.

Listen out for noises. Its best to leave a notepad in the car so that you can jot down all the little problems that you face or noises you hear. Once you feel that you've had enough, call PML and send your ride in for rectifications. Once thats done, you should have a problem free car; at least thats what I hear from our guys driving the 523.

Hope to see you soon. In the meantime, enjoy your ride.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:48 PM
Members

Glad you guys are ok with the pictures. After posting them, I was a little worried some of you didn't want the whole world to see your face, might be a fugitive Interpol is looking for. Anyway thanks guys for shooting a couple of red birds to help out. I now realize I've got the look of a philanthropist.

Enjoyed the I.C.E. in Tategoi and lmk's ride! Dig those side speakers and the woofers behind. Tategoi, nice compilation on the CD, thanks.

BoneDoc, congrats on your new ride! Needs some getting used to, but it'll take no time. Look forward to seeing you at the meet on the 25th!
Old 09-05-2005, 09:54 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by valvetronic' date='Sep 6 2005, 11:48 AM
Glad you guys are ok with the pictures.? After posting them, I was a little worried some of you didn't want the whole world to see your face, might be a fugitive Interpol is looking for.? Anyway thanks guys for shooting a couple of red birds to help out.? I now realize I've got the look of a philanthropist.

Enjoyed the I.C.E. in Tategoi and lmk's ride!? Dig those side speakers and the woofers behind.? Tategoi, nice compilation on the CD, thanks.?

BoneDoc, congrats on your new ride!? Needs some getting used to, but it'll take no time.? Look forward to seeing you at the meet on the 25th!
[snapback]167332[/snapback]
guys.

i got my macmini installed. due to my busy schedule, i do not have time to fix up the mac, so i just leave it in my glove box secured temporarily.

First observation: due to the fact that i used a video convertor to display image, it is not up to my expectations, the image is a little blurry. but useable. if only i can use a VGA/DVI interface, the display will look much better. i need to make some adjustments to the display to show the correct size now.

Results:
1. DVD playback on the screen is good. (surprise! now i can work on my TV, i still don't know where is the antenna in our car. At worst, i will install a diversity antenna in my rear windscreen))
2. Itunes is playing music fine, but found that the sound is a little to bright. thanks to Apple with a equilizer built, i will do some tuning with a RTA.
3. GPS is working perfect...another surprise! as i am running VPC and most of the Mac users will know how slow it can be, but the results is superb! the girl's voice sounds nice in my system.
4. connect to the web for internet and emails works fine with my 3G phone.
5. hopefully i can try this weekend my bluetooth phone to control the mac, sms and phonebook.

for those who like to know more, please feel free to let me know, happy to share.

lmk
Old 09-05-2005, 10:37 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' date='Sep 6 2005, 01:54 PM
[quote name='valvetronic' date='Sep 6 2005, 11:48 AM']Glad you guys are ok with the pictures.? After posting them, I was a little worried some of you didn't want the whole world to see your face, might be a fugitive Interpol is looking for.? Anyway thanks guys for shooting a couple of red birds to help out.? I now realize I've got the look of a philanthropist.

Enjoyed the I.C.E. in Tategoi and lmk's ride!? Dig those side speakers and the woofers behind.? Tategoi, nice compilation on the CD, thanks.?

BoneDoc, congrats on your new ride!? Needs some getting used to, but it'll take no time.? Look forward to seeing you at the meet on the 25th!
[snapback]167332[/snapback]
guys.

i got my macmini installed. due to my busy schedule, i do not have time to fix up the mac, so i just leave it in my glove box secured temporarily.

First observation: due to the fact that i used a video convertor to display image, it is not up to my expectations, the image is a little blurry. but useable. if only i can use a VGA/DVI interface, the display will look much better. i need to make some adjustments to the display to show the correct size now.

Results:
1. DVD playback on the screen is good. (surprise! now i can work on my TV, i still don't know where is the antenna in our car. At worst, i will install a diversity antenna in my rear windscreen))
2. Itunes is playing music fine, but found that the sound is a little to bright. thanks to Apple with a equilizer built, i will do some tuning with a RTA.
3. GPS is working perfect...another surprise! as i am running VPC and most of the Mac users will know how slow it can be, but the results is superb! the girl's voice sounds nice in my system.
4. connect to the web for internet and emails works fine with my 3G phone.
5. hopefully i can try this weekend my bluetooth phone to control the mac, sms and phonebook.

for those who like to know more, please feel free to let me know, happy to share.

lmk
[snapback]167366[/snapback]
[/quote]

wow.. lmk thats impressive. did you work with mobycar? or is this by yourself?
http://www.mobycar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21

can't wait to see it. maybe we can organize a mini (no pun intended) meetup this weekend to ogle at ur car setup.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans