E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 01:49 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tried it. like it. makes the car feel more responsive, more zippy.

for anyone considering. u can just go down to bvo and put it in go for a test drive. takes no time, plug and play to install. 5 min job at most for wee. so by all means go try it.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:09 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='229278' date='Jan 25 2006, 06:49 PM
tried it. like it. makes the car feel more responsive, more zippy.

for anyone considering. u can just go down to bvo and put it in go for a test drive. takes no time, plug and play to install. 5 min job at most for wee. so by all means go try it.
Wah, sounds too good to be true. Wonder will this void warranty and any side effect on the car over the long term. Also, wonder when it is appropriate to install. My car just completed 2500km, barely ran in.

What is the damage to the pocket? Any pricing info? Where is BVO?
Old 01-25-2006, 04:21 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Wilson' post='228833
Originally Posted by 1628' post='228798' date='Jan 24 2006, 11:44 PM
calling all 523i best mod available.go and get that eccentric throttle device. dam amazing non invasive plug and play mod! read in bmw.sg forum
Hi 1628. Is this device really that good? How does it function? Does it amplify what you input on the throttle? If so, when you reverse, do you feel unwanted force?

Sorry for being so sceptical but I am thinking of some slight mods for my E46-320.

It's dam amazing!!! All you guys here in the E60 forum must try this electronic throttle booster!!

U dun have to ask how, why, wat......just go down to BVO & try it out......dun like, just take it out.

Trying is free!! kekeke

For those who have not read wats going on in BMW.SG forum, here's the thread!!

Electronic Throttle Booster Reviews

So far E60 523/525, E39 520/530, E65 730, E90 325, E46 318 to 330, Z4 2.5, mini cooperS all installed liao!! All of them only raves about the product!!!

I've reserved 20 sets with BVO, contact me ASAP to get 1 man!!!

Tony : I told you it's dam shiok right???

Edward : Get your E46 & E60 545 install man!! Leave your M6 cos still runing in....kekekeke, U wun regret!!

Your DMS also dun give you this kinda throttle response man!!

'The Great White'
[/quote]

Hi, sounds like a miracle. Cool, interested by my E60 525 just clocked 2500km. Can fix or not? Also, will this cause the PML warranty be voided? How much will this set me off?
Old 01-25-2006, 03:26 PM
Senior Members

Interesting but how does it work? Could it be another accelerator booster device that magnifies how much you floor the throttle. Like flooring 2 cm is equivalent to flooring 4 cm?
Old 01-25-2006, 03:43 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='229633' date='Jan 26 2006, 08:26 AM
Interesting but how does it work? Could it be another accelerator booster device that magnifies how much you floor the throttle. Like flooring 2 cm is equivalent to flooring 4 cm?
Exactly what I said; it amplifies your input. One will be tempted to burn rubber everytime he pulls off the traffic junction resulting in high petrol consumption. It'll be a great device for those driving the 520 because hopefully, the increase in speed of input and input itself may cure the car of all the jerky take-offs, etc. Another group who will benefit from this will be those who track often.

Wah, if I fit into the M6, I'll really need the WING option, plus a petrol truck in tow
Old 01-25-2006, 03:45 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

For those who had tried and must had enquired on the pice, what is the price like?
Old 01-25-2006, 04:05 PM
lmk
Contributors

Good, better then what I expected. But a bit disappointed about the video multiplexer, if what was told to me is true. Basically all other ports are useless if we want to use audio and video together. Now I undrestand what you were trying to say the time. The audio would have hissing sound ( according to the installer) unless we use the tuner input. I would test this
The tuner quality is good, I had tried driving around in the east( katong and Nicoll highway. I had the reverse camera cable and power installed, just need to plug in the camera when I have it.
They are coming down to install the MAC-Mini tonight. Let you know when it is up.
One more thing, I called up the tuner manufacturer to ask the possibility of using both active antenna, the answer was yes.
[/quote]

i contacted the mfg last week for some interference problems. he told me that a new model is coming up for all 3/5/6/7
as the model is not launched yet, he cannot send one to me to replace mine now.
i am waiting for it to get mine replaced and inform you guys how it goes.

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='229648
Exactly what I said; it amplifies your input. One will be tempted to burn rubber everytime he pulls off the traffic junction resulting in high petrol consumption. It'll be a great device for those driving the 520 because hopefully, the increase in speed of input and input itself may cure the car of all the jerky take-offs, etc. Another group who will benefit from this will be those who track often.

Wah, if I fit into the M6, I'll really need the WING option, plus a petrol truck in tow
[/quote]

i am also tempted to try on the 7.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by lmk' post='229658' date='Jan 26 2006, 09:05 AM
i contacted the mfg last week for some interference problems. he told me that a new model is coming up for all 3/5/6/7
LMK, I have written several times to the manufacturer (billy) and got a reply that he was looking into it. Good thing I wasnt holding my breath...... Anyway, any chance to get a replacement FOC from Billy?
Old 01-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='229668
LMK, I have written several times to the manufacturer (billy) and got a reply that he was looking into it. Good thing I wasnt holding my breath...... Anyway, any chance to get a replacement FOC from Billy?
[/quote]

Me too if the manufactuerer can replace them.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:03 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Yankee' post='229706
Originally Posted by lmk' post='229658' date='Jan 26 2006, 09:05 AM

Me too if the manufactuerer can replace them.
[/quote]

can you let me know what is the problem first?
i try to help.

by the way, Ah Boa has just gone back to Malaysia, he called me and if anyone wish to contact him, he should be back by next Tuesday.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans