E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 09:53 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

Originally Posted by lmk' post='229762
Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='229668' date='Jan 25 2006, 08:50 PM
[quote name='lmk' post='229658' date='Jan 26 2006, 09:05 AM']

i contacted the mfg last week for some interference problems. he told me that a new model is coming up for all 3/5/6/7
as the model is not launched yet, he cannot send one to me to replace mine now.
i am waiting for it to get mine replaced and inform you guys how it goes.
LMK, I have written several times to the manufacturer (billy) and got a reply that he was looking into it. Good thing I wasnt holding my breath...... Anyway, any chance to get a replacement FOC from Billy?

Me too if the manufactuerer can replace them.
[/quote]

can you let me know what is the problem first?
i try to help.

by the way, Ah Boa has just gone back to Malaysia, he called me and if anyone wish to contact him, he should be back by next Tuesday.
[/quote]

LMK,
Thanks in advance.

I have not use more then a channel yet but was advised against using for the reasons encountered by some member here and the installer. I had asked the installers to wired out the other channels and let me try and see if the same problem mentioned still persists.

Bzsab can give a better narrative of the problems as he had personnally gone through and found the solution through other means. For me, I by-pass this problem and go straight into the solution he had. Basically, the issue is switching of audio inputs within the mulitplexer which created lot of noises or rather when more then one audio input are fed directly into the muliplexer.

Bzsab, please comments.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:36 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by lmk' post='229762' date='Jan 26 2006, 02:03 PM
i try to help.

by the way, Ah Boa has just gone back to Malaysia, he called me and if anyone wish to contact him, he should be back by next Tuesday.
As I have mentioned previously, the problem with the interface is that it does not allow Audio only source; it needs to detect Video before allow Audio to go through. Additionally, the interface cause the screen to flicker and "haze" for a few seconds on turning off the vehicle.

I dont know how to link older post but if you need more info you can refer to these previous posts,

Post # Page #
4010 268
4057 271
4171 279
4260 284

Hope you can help
Old 01-25-2006, 11:41 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='229789
i try to help.

As I have mentioned previously, the problem with the interface is that it does not allow Audio only source; it needs to detect Video before allow Audio to go through. Additionally, the interface cause the screen to flicker and "haze" for a few seconds on turning off the vehicle.

I dont know how to link older post but if you need more info you can refer to these previous posts,

Post # Page #
4010 268
4057 271
4171 279
4260 284

Hope you can help
[/quote]

hazy screen upon turning off is normal as the residual charge from the capacitors in the i/f unit discharges.
i have the same effects.

video triggered enabling audio is a function incorporated into the i/f. to watch a movie or TV, you need both video and audio output. why do we need audio only?
i think (forgive me if i am wrong), this function is incorporated because the i/f have to identify which is the correct sound for the selected video, thus video triggered. if not, we will hear all three channels sound coming out of our speakers simultaneously.

saying that, there maybe some cross talk with this type of design. like Ed's car, he experienced some ?eroplane noise" after installed. cable shielding, connectors and grounding play a part on it.

Now, i can feedback to Billy for this matter. if you have a faulty set, i am sure you can ask for exchange, but if the set is ok and only it is the audio function that bothers you, i am afraid i cannot answer that on behalf.

just like my conversation with my SR for my 730, as i learn that the latest GPS maps is available for upgrading. i checked with him whether i can upgrade the software. i thought it will be free.

I was wrong. it will cost me more than 1K to upgrade.
the mfg always hold the rights to change without notice.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:27 AM
Senior Members

put the throttle thingy this morning. the 1st 2cm is where the device comes into play. it is very sensitive. ur car will shoot fwd. basically factory system is a bit limited, either to control revs or to prevent u from shooting fwd. this device bypass that. it feels like 20hp more. wif all the mods i hv...i was very skeptical. yet when i had it on..i felt it. as u depress harder n speeds climb..u will notice ur revs climb faster too. best way to describe it is to call it an amplification device. went to russo to wash car earlier....only after he drove it n commented that i realised there is a big big difference. russo what was ur comment after u drove the car? n i din tell him i fitted it.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:10 AM
Members

Originally Posted by totoseow' post='229814' date='Jan 26 2006, 06:27 PM
put the throttle thingy this morning. the 1st 2cm is where the device comes into play. it is very sensitive. ur car will shoot fwd. basically factory system is a bit limited, either to control revs or to prevent u from shooting fwd. this device bypass that. it feels like 20hp more. wif all the mods i hv...i was very skeptical. yet when i had it on..i felt it. as u depress harder n speeds climb..u will notice ur revs climb faster too. best way to describe it is to call it an amplification device. went to russo to wash car earlier....only after he drove it n commented that i realised there is a big big difference. russo what was ur comment after u drove the car? n i din tell him i fitted it.
Monitor your fuel consumption and see how much more it burns vs before.

Anyway, PML updated the CIP to ver 20 and for some reasons, I feel my ride more sluggish even on S mode. Wonder if I am oversensitive. Hmmm...

For those not installed yet, anyone going down to BVO over the next 1 week? Please post. Would like to pop by and check out.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:24 AM
Members

My Ride: E60

Originally Posted by totoseow' post='229814' date='Jan 26 2006, 06:27 PM

Good to see you this morning bro!! Saw you rocket off the line from BVO!!!

U must be quite shock that the car can launch off from 1st gear even when you're in 'D' mode eh......

Quite impressive this little gadget can do right??? kekekeke

Have fun bro!!

Cheers

'The Great White'
Old 01-26-2006, 05:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by lmk' post='229802' date='Jan 26 2006, 04:41 PM
hazy screen upon turning off is normal as the residual charge from the capacitors in the i/f unit discharges.
i have the same effects.

video triggered enabling audio is a function incorporated into the i/f. to watch a movie or TV, you need both video and audio output. why do we need audio only?
i think (forgive me if i am wrong), this function is incorporated because the i/f have to identify which is the correct sound for the selected video, thus video triggered. if not, we will hear all three channels sound coming out of our speakers simultaneously.

saying that, there maybe some cross talk with this type of design. like Ed's car, he experienced some ?eroplane noise" after installed. cable shielding, connectors and grounding play a part on it.

Now, i can feedback to Billy for this matter. if you have a faulty set, i am sure you can ask for exchange, but if the set is ok and only it is the audio function that bothers you, i am afraid i cannot answer that on behalf.
Thanks for the inputs LMK and OK on the Hazy Screen. As for the Video Triggered function, I still find it a little confusing. Why would the i/f need to identify and match video/audio if it has 3 separate channels. I would expect it to operate like any other home integrated amplifier where you have channels for CD, VCD, DVD etc... Well, with little I know, that was what I thought. By the way, I need audio only for MP3 music from my iPod Video and iPod mini.

I really thought that there was a flaw in the i/f and thus was equiring for a possible replacement; especially with news that they are launching a new model. As mentioned written and called Billy several times but despite his promise to offer replies, I have yet to hear from him.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:09 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='229877
i have the same effects.

Thanks for the inputs LMK and OK on the Hazy Screen. As for the Video Triggered function, I still find it a little confusing. Why would the i/f need to identify and match video/audio if it has 3 separate channels. I would expect it to operate like any other home integrated amplifier where you have channels for CD, VCD, DVD etc... Well, with little I know, that was what I thought. By the way, I need audio only for MP3 music from my iPod Video and iPod mini.

I really thought that there was a flaw in the i/f and thus was equiring for a possible replacement; especially with news that they are launching a new model. As mentioned written and called Billy several times but despite his promise to offer replies, I have yet to hear from him.
[/quote]

No prob Bro,

i will contact Billy once i am back from NYC.

Happy New Year to ALL E60 forumers!
Old 01-26-2006, 04:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Wishing you all and your families

A happy and prosperous Chinese New Year
Old 01-26-2006, 05:09 PM
Members

I think no safe to install the throttle amplifier. If you surge forward and hit someone or another car, you will be in trouble - can be charged for illegal nodification to car which endangers safety.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans