E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 05:14 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='239978' date='Feb 14 2006, 07:58 PM
Personally, i think your Black still looks the best
Its sapphire black. Would have been great if BMW had offered jet black as a choice but no such luck.

I just came back from a short outing and guess what!!! There is now a warning of DSC and Runflat indicator failure. The car was running fine before the vanos campaign. I wonder if the mechanics knew what they were doing. I am pissed; and PML will know how pissed I am when they open for business tomorrow.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:08 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I've been back home in UK for a week now and finally getting over my jet lag and sleeping early
It was great to meet up with tategoi again and also to finally meet Edlee and Bugaboo.
Seeing Edlee's M6 just made my day pity there wasn't time to get a ride in it maybe next time
I've only seen one M5 so far in Cardiff, so seeing an M6 was a bonus.

Well hope to meet you guys again when I'm next over.

Cheers
Old 02-14-2006, 04:02 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by totoseow' post='239911' date='Feb 14 2006, 01:40 AM
haha i saw the 360CS braking at 50 mark b4! fiorano instructors at the wheel...blardy amazing...no chance wif our car. with the ultimate brakes can brake at about 85. full brake. turn n try to keep right. no need to apex turn 2 on the uphill...it can unsettle the brake
I think the EVOs can brake close to the 50m mark as well.

No guts to brake after 100m but your way around T2 definitely sounds better than mine, ok I try next time.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:21 PM
Members

Sound very familiar for this sort of problems.

For your info, PML have to change a couple of controller boards for my E60 (then 3 weeks old) due to "traction control fault" and "steering fault" on my error log (Idrive). You imagine PML site technician first tried to do a error reset by just remove the battery terminal. My partner E60 (now 3 months) also have runflat failure and he just have to top up engine oil after every 2000km. He was short when PML guy told him is quite Normal for new E60.

I think the car (especially your M6) is too advance and generally, the technical know how of the technicians is definitely lacking behind this new technology.

Hope your problem is just a simple computer gliche like PML used to tell me.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:00 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by eggz' post='240339' date='Feb 14 2006, 07:02 PM
I think the EVOs can brake close to the 50m mark as well.

No guts to brake after 100m but your way around T2 definitely sounds better than mine, ok I try next time.
i saw this line from vincent....overtook M3 there..using the line. the M3 was trying to clipped the apex....
Old 02-15-2006, 02:55 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='240409' date='Feb 15 2006, 11:21 AM
Sound very familiar for this sort of problems.

I think the car (especially your M6) is too advance and generally, the technical know how of the technicians is definitely lacking behind this new technology.

Hope your problem is just a simple computer gliche like PML used to tell me.
Sent my ride into Kg Arang after lunch yesterday. Dennis, attended to me and unfortunately brought "a yah yah papaya" of a serviceman - who by the way is supposed to be M5/6 trained - along with him. He explained to me that the problem lies with a sensor mounted in the steering column. This "thing" senses faults in the DSC and unfortunately is the brain to alot of other things like the run flat indicator, damping control, brake control, transmission, start assist, etc. Mine, like "alot others worldwide" is busted. He said I'd have to wait for them to process the order and bring it in from Germany. I asked them how long and Dennis replied that it'd take quite a few days. So I asked; "a few days? My half a million dollar car is gonna sit here for a few days because of one little sensor?" To which this yah yah papaya responded; " but the system is fail safe. You can still drive your car; its only a matter of the faults showing on your screen. The car still starts, the gears still change and the brakes still work". That got me fuming.

I told Dennis that I was not gonna drive the car out because I knew for a fact that the comfort brakes were not functioning and neither was the EDC. I couldn't engage or disengage the DSC and that meant the car was not road worthy. And I was not about to lose SGD 137.00 daily before road tax and insurance on the fact that there was ONE glitch which required a change of part which they didn't have.

To cut the story short, Dennis being a frontline man did his job. He got on the phone with his superiors and the car was repaired yesterday evening. I'm collecting my ride later today; lets hope it all went well.

The moral of this story is this; "never get a backroom staff out to meet a customer; thats where they belong and where they should stay". They are just not tactful enough and somehow get the wrong message across. Dennis, well, he's the man!!! After sitting down and cooling off I guess he did his best. At least he told me what he should have and acted immediately; unlike some others at the other service center. I must put up a commendation for him to his bosses.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='240774' date='Feb 15 2006, 06:55 PM
Sent my ride into Kg Arang after lunch yesterday. Dennis, attended to me and unfortunately brought "a yah yah papaya" of a serviceman - who by the way is supposed to be M5/6 trained - along with him. He explained to me that the problem lies with a sensor mounted in the steering column. This "thing" senses faults in the DSC and unfortunately is the brain to alot of other things like the run flat indicator, damping control, brake control, transmission, start assist, etc. Mine, like "alot others worldwide" is busted. He said I'd have to wait for them to process the order and bring it in from Germany. I asked them how long and Dennis replied that it'd take quite a few days. So I asked; "a few days? My half a million dollar car is gonna sit here for a few days because of one little sensor?" To which this yah yah papaya responded; " but the system is fail safe. You can still drive your car; its only a matter of the faults showing on your screen. The car still starts, the gears still change and the brakes still work". That got me fuming.

I told Dennis that I was not gonna drive the car out because I knew for a fact that the comfort brakes were not functioning and neither was the EDC. I couldn't engage or disengage the DSC and that meant the car was not road worthy. And I was not about to lose SGD 137.00 daily before road tax and insurance on the fact that there was ONE glitch which required a change of part which they didn't have.

To cut the story short, Dennis being a frontline man did his job. He got on the phone with his superiors and the car was repaired yesterday evening. I'm collecting my ride later today; lets hope it all went well.

The moral of this story is this; "never get a backroom staff out to meet a customer; thats where they belong and where they should stay". They are just not tactful enough and somehow get the wrong message across. Dennis, well, he's the man!!! After sitting down and cooling off I guess he did his best. At least he told me what he should have and acted immediately; unlike some others at the other service center. I must put up a commendation for him to his bosses.

Is he the workshop manager that doesn't normally meet customer? I think I met him the first time I sent mine there to disable my lost "third" key. After waiting for more than 40-50 minutes and some fuming (seeing some CSA sitting around doing their own stuff, leaving 4 or 5 customers waiting), they got this man out of the workshop. I must say for the short encounter with him, I was quite happy.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:27 PM
Senior Members

way to go Ed!

BTW, did Dennis tell you how they managed to find the replacement part that they "didn't have"?
Old 02-15-2006, 04:42 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by eggz' post='239755' date='Feb 14 2006, 09:42 AM
Woah! toto, 190km/h into T1, brake at 75m mark? With the stock brakes, you'll be in the sand for sure . I find 200km/h approaching T1 or T15, lift at 150m and brake (hard) at 100m is about right, if your brakes are not too hot (1st hot lap), a little after 100m still can (but must still lift at 150m). Sepang is slow in fast out, if you slow down enough for T1, T9, T15 and not have to brake in the turn, it's easy to get a good exit

I tend to loose time at T2, the camber at that turn makes it tricky, I always get confused and use either too much or too little throttle, most of the time get understeer and the run up on T3 is crap as a result.

eggz, you are the man! a true blue bimmer driver. with such enthusiasm you fully deserve an M! Salute! ooi! give the man a "Tiger" no no "an M"!

sound like fun, when is the next one har?
Old 02-15-2006, 04:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by eggz' post='240833' date='Feb 15 2006, 08:27 PM
way to go Ed!

BTW, did Dennis tell you how they managed to find the replacement part that they "didn't have"?
From a certain Indy red M6?

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans