E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 06:29 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stranger' post='240852' date='Feb 16 2006, 09:45 AM
From a certain Indy red M6?
I prompted that they should do something with the resources they have. I doubt they would have dared strip anything from a show car.

We shouldn't assume such things anyway unless we know for sure. I'm just grateful that the M is on the road again.

BTW my sales rep Jasmine Tan has just closed another M6. Should be running around in maybe 3 - 4 months time.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:06 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='240774' date='Feb 16 2006, 07:55 AM
Sent my ride into Kg Arang after lunch yesterday. Dennis, attended to me and unfortunately brought "a yah yah papaya" of a serviceman - who by the way is supposed to be M5/6 trained - along with him. He explained to me that the problem lies with a sensor mounted in the steering column. This "thing" senses faults in the DSC and unfortunately is the brain to alot of other things like the run flat indicator, damping control, brake control, transmission, start assist, etc. Mine, like "alot others worldwide" is busted. He said I'd have to wait for them to process the order and bring it in from Germany. I asked them how long and Dennis replied that it'd take quite a few days. So I asked; "a few days? My half a million dollar car is gonna sit here for a few days because of one little sensor?" To which this yah yah papaya responded; " but the system is fail safe. You can still drive your car; its only a matter of the faults showing on your screen. The car still starts, the gears still change and the brakes still work". That got me fuming.

I told Dennis that I was not gonna drive the car out because I knew for a fact that the comfort brakes were not functioning and neither was the EDC. I couldn't engage or disengage the DSC and that meant the car was not road worthy. And I was not about to lose SGD 137.00 daily before road tax and insurance on the fact that there was ONE glitch which required a change of part which they didn't have.

To cut the story short, Dennis being a frontline man did his job. He got on the phone with his superiors and the car was repaired yesterday evening. I'm collecting my ride later today; lets hope it all went well.

The moral of this story is this; "never get a backroom staff out to meet a customer; thats where they belong and where they should stay". They are just not tactful enough and somehow get the wrong message across. Dennis, well, he's the man!!! After sitting down and cooling off I guess he did his best. At least he told me what he should have and acted immediately; unlike some others at the other service center. I must put up a commendation for him to his bosses.

Yes, he is the service manager that can resolve problem. For my case, the so called service adviser openly told me that my ABS would be ineffective prior to the replacement of the controller boards and I have to wait for 2 to 3 weeks for the parts.

After one week, I decided to send PML a fax questioning them on who is going to take responsible should I encounter any accident due to the malfunctioning prior to the replacement of the faulty parts. Can you believe it, this Dennis call and arrange for the parts to be replaced (suddenly part are available) within a couple of days.

For me, what's important is that even after the part are replaced. Dennis still bother to reply me officially and apology from the inconvenience caused.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='240958' date='Feb 16 2006, 12:06 PM
For me, what's important is that even after the part are replaced. Dennis still bother to reply me officially and apology from the inconvenience caused.
Yes!!! Dennis is the MAN!!! Kudos to him. PML finally got someone responsible enough to handle their customers. Sadly, however, there is only ONE. I don't think any other CSA would have handled the situation that fast. Why, I know at least ONE MANAGER who might even have promised me a replacement M6 just to ease his problems; and we all know the result of such promises.

Anyway, both Simon Rock and Robert Friend will be receiving a heart stopping letter from me within these couple of days. I've already sent it out.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 520i, Black leather interior, Active Steering, DSC, PDC, Ornamental grille, Audio Aux Input

Hey Ed

Glad to know your M is back on the road
anyhow - getting the boys to do the idrive interface install for me with their new twin antennae tv box this weekend. hope it goes well.

i've been sitting on this install for a while.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by eugeneloke' post='241190' date='Feb 17 2006, 12:16 AM
Hey Ed

Glad to know your M is back on the road
anyhow - getting the boys to do the idrive interface install for me with their new twin antennae tv box this weekend. hope it goes well.

i've been sitting on this install for a while.
Hey Doc,
The boys were at my place again last night touching up the TV tuner. Reading Ed's dilemma, I must add that PML should engage these install boys to train their staff on customer service.

Btw doc, the boys are having a tough time reading your prescription (I mean address). Think you should give them a call.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:21 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by eugeneloke' post='241190
Btw doc, the boys are having a tough time reading your prescription (I mean address). Think you should give them a call.
Oh oh.... the perenial "doctor's handwriting"
Old 02-16-2006, 05:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='241093' date='Feb 16 2006, 06:30 PM
Yes!!! Dennis is the MAN!!! Kudos to him. PML finally got someone responsible enough to handle their customers. Sadly, however, there is only ONE. I don't think any other CSA would have handled the situation that fast. Why, I know at least ONE MANAGER who might even have promised me a replacement M6 just to ease his problems; and we all know the result of such promises.

Anyway, both Simon Rock and Robert Friend will be receiving a heart stopping letter from me within these couple of days. I've already sent it out.
Ed,

Sent my car to Kg Arang this morning for the installation of Audio Aux.

Have a chat with Dennis and poke fun at him that... understood a M6 Driver was extremely pissed off and is sending a nasty letter of complaint to PML.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:20 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

I got the new video interface and would be replacing it this week or so. Would let those who had the same units know the outcoming on the quality issues. had informed the two guys on this replacement
Old 02-16-2006, 07:23 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by Yankee' post='241594' date='Feb 17 2006, 11:20 AM
I got the new video interface and would be replacing it this week or so. Would let those who had the same units know the outcoming on the quality issues. had informed the two guys on this replacement
Yankee,
Was driving around your neighborhood last night with the install boys. What Video Interface are you talking about?

Doc,
If you are looking for another Video Interface for your second ride, I know a forummer who purchased the VI and is interested to sell it.... Let me know if you are interested.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:40 PM
Members

yo bzab,

how is the ride after lowering.comfort???handling??

aux install for labour is $88 only.

do ask the boys to see if the audio could be connected direct the sound system, because the volume via the aux is dam weak

what?a newer vidoe interface?how much.

any one know how much it cost to change the idrive screen to somehing bigger?

TIA

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans