E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 08:49 PM
lmk
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BZASB,

how's the springs? please update leh.

wish i can have a screen like this...

http://www.xenarc.com/product/700y.html#700Y%20Images

ya, i got the new interface too, no time to install. will call the guys after the air show.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

The video interface unit is what we used for multiplexing idrive, MAcmini and Ipod.

It is a replacement of the old one that has many quality issues.

lmk,
What would you be doing at the air-show?
Old 02-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 520i, Black leather interior, Active Steering, DSC, PDC, Ornamental grille, Audio Aux Input

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='241529' date='Feb 16 2006, 08:18 PM
Hey Doc,
The boys were at my place again last night touching up the TV tuner. Reading Ed's dilemma, I must add that PML should engage these install boys to train their staff on customer service.

Btw doc, the boys are having a tough time reading your prescription (I mean address). Think you should give them a call.
heh heh - it's encrypted handwriting
will call them - actually they work behind my clinic
but am trying not to get them in trouble with their boss as they moonlight
Old 02-16-2006, 09:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 520i, Black leather interior, Active Steering, DSC, PDC, Ornamental grille, Audio Aux Input

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='241531' date='Feb 16 2006, 08:21 PM
Hi Doc. Haven't heard from you for some time. How's the decision on the second car so far?
Oh oh.... the perenial "doctor's handwriting"
i wanted HUD + logic7 on my 630 - and pml wanted to charge me $20k more than ex-stock 630
not interested if they are going to be like this & furthermore - delivery is in Aug 06!!

what the hell - if i wait anymore - i may get the cayman

was at autobahn yesterday talking to gary hong - & i hear from him that the porsches retain value all the way till 10 years old.

also was at: Autoinc Website there's an 8 year old 911 going for $200K!
Old 02-16-2006, 09:53 PM
lmk
Contributors

for more than 300K, get the cayman.
i was quoted 260+ for a 630 too, plus all add ons, 300K easily.

maybe should wait for april after the budget, let's see if no more Parf value will affect car prices drastically or not. hehe..
Old 02-16-2006, 09:55 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Yankee' post='241637' date='Feb 17 2006, 02:08 PM
lmk,
What would you be doing at the air-show?
hmm....let's see.. i am not very sure...i don't sell planes, don't fly...why am i there?

Joking.

i am with a tool company that sells tools for the aviation market.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by lmk' post='241632' date='Feb 17 2006, 01:49 PM
BZASB,

how's the springs? please update leh.
LMK, 1628,

Nothing much lah... I only changed to Eibach Springs. Surprisingly, although ride is lowered, ride comfort is not affected. The car is now approx 1.5+ fingers front and 2 fingers rear. Was told that ride will lower a little more after a springs settle.

By the way, I wanted to get Remus Exhaust at the same time but Fong Kim was unable to confirm if they will fit my ride. They are waiting for factory's advice. Anyone here know?

Owning a bmw is crazy.... one mod after another.... Exhaust will be the last thing I do....
Old 02-17-2006, 12:08 AM
Senior Members

Sorry; NO ARF reduction this year. Seems they are going after the less fortunate to ensure their votes.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:43 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by eugeneloke' post='241646' date='Feb 17 2006, 02:28 PM
i wanted HUD + logic7 on my 630 - and pml wanted to charge me $20k more than ex-stock 630
not interested if they are going to be like this & furthermore - delivery is in Aug 06!!

what the hell - if i wait anymore - i may get the cayman

was at autobahn yesterday talking to gary hong - & i hear from him that the porsches retain value all the way till 10 years old.

also was at: Autoinc Website there's an 8 year old 911 going for $200K!

you are right on doc! did some research on this too and apparently it seems that is the case on residual value for porsche. again it is a different class too. I bet Karsono Kwee takes care of the aftersales better too. Can't say that much anymore for bimmer here in sg.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:08 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='240774' date='Feb 16 2006, 07:55 AM
Sent my ride into Kg Arang after lunch yesterday. Dennis, attended to me and unfortunately brought "a yah yah papaya" of a serviceman - who by the way is supposed to be M5/6 trained - along with him. He explained to me that the problem lies with a sensor mounted in the steering column. This "thing" senses faults in the DSC and unfortunately is the brain to alot of other things like the run flat indicator, damping control, brake control, transmission, start assist, etc. Mine, like "alot others worldwide" is busted. He said I'd have to wait for them to process the order and bring it in from Germany. I asked them how long and Dennis replied that it'd take quite a few days. So I asked; "a few days? My half a million dollar car is gonna sit here for a few days because of one little sensor?" To which this yah yah papaya responded; " but the system is fail safe. You can still drive your car; its only a matter of the faults showing on your screen. The car still starts, the gears still change and the brakes still work". That got me fuming.

I told Dennis that I was not gonna drive the car out because I knew for a fact that the comfort brakes were not functioning and neither was the EDC. I couldn't engage or disengage the DSC and that meant the car was not road worthy. And I was not about to lose SGD 137.00 daily before road tax and insurance on the fact that there was ONE glitch which required a change of part which they didn't have.

To cut the story short, Dennis being a frontline man did his job. He got on the phone with his superiors and the car was repaired yesterday evening. I'm collecting my ride later today; lets hope it all went well.

The moral of this story is this; "never get a backroom staff out to meet a customer; thats where they belong and where they should stay". They are just not tactful enough and somehow get the wrong message across. Dennis, well, he's the man!!! After sitting down and cooling off I guess he did his best. At least he told me what he should have and acted immediately; unlike some others at the other service center. I must put up a commendation for him to his bosses.
Ed, you are right to say Dennis is the man. I have had bad encounters with other supposedly technical managers and they just pissed me, and kept fixing parts that were not the source of the problems. Dennis knows how to manage frustrating customers, and I am sure he has to deal with a lot of them given the many quality glitches in the BMWs.

I will only deal with him and have in fact commented that I only trust Dennis to handle my car problems to Robert Friend.

Another CSA that I trust is Jeffery Vatsaloo. Well, hope your ride is trouble free now and I can relate to the frustrations you are feeling with PML, most of the time. Cheers!

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans