E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 06:24 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by lmk' post='204497
Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='204067' date='Nov 27 2005, 08:25 PM
LMK,
Was talking to Bugaboo yesterday at the meetup and was told that your ride is equipped wiht MacMini. Seriously considering similar setup; I think it is really cool. Can you please advice what is needed, where to buy, and where to install? By the way, do you have TV Mobile like Bugaboo?
hi
nice meeting you all yesterday.

yep i think its really cool to have that entertainment set up. can bugaboo or lmk kindly list the product names, where to buy and where to install.......maybe do a group buy.

TIA

we have done the group buy before.
anyway if you are interested, i put you in the email stings that 2 other forumers are interested in buying.
the pirce is deifintely lower than the rest are buying.
as for TV module, you can pick it up sim Lim tower. 190sgd.

of course you can also now play video and music from ipod video with the docking station with s video out.
[/quote]

LMK,

PM sent. Eager to get the ball rolling. By the way, what other MAC software licenses do we need to purchase to get the setup going?

Cheers,

Hi guys,

At the Fort Road get-together, some of you guys were talking about a group buy for Remus exhause..... Still on or not?
Old 11-28-2005, 06:33 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='204530
Originally Posted by 1628' post='204101' date='Nov 28 2005, 11:28 AM
[quote name='BZSAB' post='204067' date='Nov 27 2005, 08:25 PM']
LMK,
Was talking to Bugaboo yesterday at the meetup and was told that your ride is equipped wiht MacMini. Seriously considering similar setup; I think it is really cool. Can you please advice what is needed, where to buy, and where to install? By the way, do you have TV Mobile like Bugaboo?
hi

yep i think its really cool to have that entertainment set up. can bugaboo or lmk kindly list the product names, where to buy and where to install.......maybe do a group buy.

TIA

anyway if you are interested, i put you in the email stings that 2 other forumers are interested in buying.

of course you can also now play video and music from ipod video with the docking station with s video out.
[/quote]

LMK,

PM sent. Eager to get the ball rolling. By the way, what other MAC software licenses do we need to purchase to get the setup going?

Cheers,

[/quote]

depending on what you need, i use virtual pc because i need it for my GPS software which is only available in windows format. there is no MAc GPS software so far.
then, of course the GPS software.

that is about it, MAc OSX has everything from internet to DVD player like windows and is easier to use in a car. click and go.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Hi Guys Interested in MacMini Setup for their rides!

To get things moving, can we have a show of who is currently interested in Group buy by putting their names in the list below,

1. BZSAB

By the way LMK, stupid question, what exactly are the things we need to buy? I know the MacMini and TV Tuner. What else? Please advice.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:48 PM
Members

[

depending on what you need, i use virtual pc because i need it for my GPS software which is only available in windows format. there is no MAc GPS software so far.

that is about it, MAc OSX has everything from internet to DVD player like windows and is easier to use in a car. click and go.
[/quote]

hi lmk
if i just want the tv and gps, what are the items do i need to buy? do i need the mac mini too?
thanks.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:56 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

Originally Posted by lmk' post='204526
Originally Posted by lmk' post='204497' date='Nov 28 2005, 08:29 PM
[quote name='1628' post='204101' date='Nov 28 2005, 11:28 AM']
[quote name='BZSAB' post='204067' date='Nov 27 2005, 08:25 PM']
LMK,

hi

TIA

[/quote]

lmk,
Include me in the email list for the group buying.

Thanks.
[/quote]

p.m. me your email address please. the buying spree is on guys! you guys may save quite a bit of freight cost.
[/quote]
done.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DY56' post='204589' date='Nov 29 2005, 01:48 PM
[
hi lmk
if i just want the tv and gps, what are the items do i need to buy? do i need the mac mini too?
thanks.

Hi DY56,

to do gps on the screen, you need the
video interface
mac mini
virtual pc software
bluetooth gps adaptor
mapking or some sort of map software

of course with the mac mini you also get
video (dvd and play video files)
itunes (mp3)

you have to consider how you want to control all this. better check out lmk's setup first hand. know what you're getting into.
personally, i'm not into having a mouse and keyboard in the car, thats why i'm not getting a mac mini yet.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:41 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='204622
[
hi lmk
thanks.

Hi DY56,

video interface
mac mini
virtual pc software
bluetooth gps adaptor

itunes (mp3)

you have to consider how you want to control all this. better check out lmk's setup first hand. know what you're getting into.
personally, i'm not into having a mouse and keyboard in the car, thats why i'm not getting a mac mini yet.
[/quote]

Hi Bugaboo,

Your system can only watch tv and dvd right, so you only need the video interface, tv module and dvd player?
Thanks...
Old 11-29-2005, 12:56 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='204546
[

hi lmk
thanks.
[/quote]

yes , u need a macmini. see above.

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='204622
[
hi lmk
thanks.

Hi DY56,

video interface
mac mini
virtual pc software
bluetooth gps adaptor

itunes (mp3)

[/quote]

bugaboo, i am playing with a griffin controller. exactly like the idrive knob to control volume, chapters and songs. but dun know where to put it to look nice in the car.

see here:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebO...plm=T4662LL%2FA
Old 11-29-2005, 12:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 520i, Black leather interior, Active Steering, DSC, PDC, Ornamental grille, Audio Aux Input

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='204546' date='Nov 28 2005, 11:06 PM

To get things moving, can we have a show of who is currently interested in Group buy by putting their names in the list below,

1. BZSAB
2. EUGENELOKE

By the way LMK, stupid question, what exactly are the things we need to buy? I know the MacMini and TV Tuner. What else? Please advice.
dont get me wrong - i am a MAC user at home with a dual G5 & Macmini - but IMHO a WINDOWS PC in the car is a better option - GPS!
dont forget you can still run iTUNES
Old 11-29-2005, 01:22 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by eugeneloke' post='204631

1. BZSAB
2. EUGENELOKE

dont get me wrong - i am a MAC user at home with a dual G5 & Macmini - but IMHO a WINDOWS PC in the car is a better option - GPS!
dont forget you can still run iTUNES
[/quote]

haha! i agree! but windows sucks when u put on standby. For Mac, so far, no crashing till now. also, there is no computer on windows platform with such a small footprint.

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='204546' date='Nov 29 2005, 12:06 PM

1. BZSAB

Guys,

for those 6 people who had PM your email address, you got mail!

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans