E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 04:01 AM
lmk
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eugeneloke' post='203869
Originally Posted by eugeneloke' post='202726' date='Nov 24 2005, 12:40 PM
Hey LMK

where to get the interace for the e60 entertainment, macmini ?
thx
the video interface?
you may get it from Korea, i can give you his contact. PM me.
Hi LMK,

have you tried connecting a third party LCD TFT screen to the LCD OUT of the Korean interface box?
like a higher resolution screen to display output from PC/ DVD player?
[/quote]

yes i did. i tried it on the a Xanarc 7" 16x9 wide touch screen. the Mac works beautifully with DVD playing 720i resolution. not really hi def but definitely a better picture than the CID.
Video from the interface is also better.

my problem is, i do not know where to put my 7" screen. with a touch screen, it will be much better.

unlike some japanese cars, it is such a good fit to place the screen onto the OEM headunit compartment.

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='203815' date='Nov 27 2005, 01:23 PM
update one the led licence lights mod.

so far been running for 2 weeks. seems fine.
reuse the orginal bulb.
its quite easy to do. got to get a fuse clip from simlim and tie it to the 2 leads (+ve and -ve) on the housing.
picture is pretty self explanatory.

not a pretty or neat mod by any means.

Bugaboo,

i installed my rear view cam and hook it up to the interface, the display flickers when i run my engine and gear in Reverse.
narrowed the flickering is due to the diagnose computer testing the bulb. So i went down to Sim Lim tower to get a 22mF 63 volt electrolytic capactior and connect in parallel to the positive wire. the flicker stopped.

you can connect a capacitor to your bulb and i believe the disco flickers will stop.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:35 AM
Members

Hi LMK,

Nice meeting you at the audio shop. You definately have a very nice setup...the reverse camera is real cool
Old 11-27-2005, 05:39 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='203880' date='Nov 27 2005, 09:01 PM
Bugaboo,

i installed my rear view cam and hook it up to the interface, the display flickers when i run my engine and gear in Reverse.
narrowed the flickering is due to the diagnose computer testing the bulb. So i went down to Sim Lim tower to get a 22mF 63 volt electrolytic capactior and connect in parallel to the positive wire. the flicker stopped.

you can connect a capacitor to your bulb and i believe the disco flickers will stop.
lmk: pictures pictures.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

LMK,
Was talking to Bugaboo yesterday at the meetup and was told that your ride is equipped wiht MacMini. Seriously considering similar setup; I think it is really cool. Can you please advice what is needed, where to buy, and where to install? By the way, do you have TV Mobile like Bugaboo?
Old 11-27-2005, 06:23 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by UG_8' post='203892
Originally Posted by lmk' post='203880' date='Nov 27 2005, 09:01 PM

Bugaboo,

lmk: pictures pictures.
i shall pass you one capacitor to try on when we meet up. i can't have pictures becos eveything is sealed and covered up.

UG saw it too when he was at the shop....sorriy...

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='204067' date='Nov 28 2005, 09:25 AM
LMK,
Was talking to Bugaboo yesterday at the meetup and was told that your ride is equipped wiht MacMini. Seriously considering similar setup; I think it is really cool. Can you please advice what is needed, where to buy, and where to install? By the way, do you have TV Mobile like Bugaboo?

can, we have to meet up and talk...and talk and talk....and talk....i have the TV like Bug too.
happy to share my experiences..

cheers!
Old 11-27-2005, 06:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='204067' date='Nov 27 2005, 08:25 PM
LMK,

hi
nice meeting you all yesterday.

yep i think its really cool to have that entertainment set up. can bugaboo or lmk kindly list the product names, where to buy and where to install.......maybe do a group buy.

TIA
Old 11-28-2005, 04:29 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by 1628' post='204101
LMK,

hi

yep i think its really cool to have that entertainment set up. can bugaboo or lmk kindly list the product names, where to buy and where to install.......maybe do a group buy.

TIA
[/quote]

we have done the group buy before.
anyway if you are interested, i put you in the email stings that 2 other forumers are interested in buying.
the pirce is deifintely lower than the rest are buying.
as for TV module, you can pick it up sim Lim tower. 190sgd.

of course you can also now play video and music from ipod video with the docking station with s video out.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:38 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

Originally Posted by lmk' post='204497
Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='204067' date='Nov 27 2005, 08:25 PM
LMK,

hi

TIA

anyway if you are interested, i put you in the email stings that 2 other forumers are interested in buying.

of course you can also now play video and music from ipod video with the docking station with s video out.
[/quote]

lmk,
Include me in the email list for the group buying.

Thanks.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:52 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 1628' post='201395
Originally Posted by 1628' post='201246' date='Nov 21 2005, 12:43 PM

after zymoling my car i can see the real differene the beads of water just rolling off in globules.car dries off faster too and of course not to mention that glistening shine.

i will hose gently.
Hey 1628,

I am sure you must have mentioned somewhere before, but where do you get your car Zymol'd?
calling for russell come and intro yourself kopi o on you.

all the bros here are using bronze carman...the owner is russell.he is in toh guan road.
i think best waxing available.
zymol jus won award

[/quote]

For Zymol fans, have a look at http://www.miracledetail.co.uk/auto-detail...treatments.html. My brother living in London swears by his service. From the website this guys sounds extremely detailed and meticulous. How does it compare to Singapore?
Old 11-28-2005, 06:01 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Yankee' post='204500
Originally Posted by 1628' post='204101' date='Nov 28 2005, 11:28 AM
[quote name='BZSAB' post='204067' date='Nov 27 2005, 08:25 PM']
LMK,

hi

TIA

[/quote]

lmk,
Include me in the email list for the group buying.

Thanks.
[/quote]

p.m. me your email address please. the buying spree is on guys! you guys may save quite a bit of freight cost.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans