E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 04:49 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 6spdMan' date='Jun 27 2005, 09:21 AM
M5 rims came in 2 weeks ago - taking delivery when my Mich PS2's arrive in early July.

Not trying for an M5 upgrade - just a M Sport look with a few 'enhancements'. The 135M wheels suck because they are only 8Jx18" all round, and a biatch to clean. Why bother?

If you must know, my car was at PML for the 4,400km oil change, and a software upgrade. I could care less if the led's stop working. I can still recognize my car.
[snapback]143423[/snapback]
6spdMan, those M5 mirrors on your ride look great!

Did you get them as part of the bodykit or seperately? I notice that E60s with M5 kits here (even the ones in the PML showroom) don't have the mirrors

For the steptronic folks with the sports steering wheel, it's pretty straightforward to replace with the M5 steering wheel since the airbag is the same rite? But according to the parts guy, if we try to retro fit the paddle shifts, it will void warranty (PML won't do the paddle shift retrofit)
Old 06-27-2005, 04:57 PM
Senior Members

i m resisting the 166m. they are 13,88kg. my 124 is 11.88kg. but the 166 looks so nice. there is a new breyton 19" that is just 11kg...but looks like a pig.

somehow i cant see myself paying 3k for those m5 mirrors. anyway, pete...when u can gimme a call...catchup for that taxi ride...
Old 06-27-2005, 06:19 PM
Members

Originally Posted by eggz' date='Jun 27 2005, 05:49 PM
6spdMan, those M5 mirrors on your ride look great!?

Did you get them as part of the bodykit or seperately? I notice that E60s with M5 kits here (even the ones in the PML showroom) don't have the mirrors

For the steptronic folks with the sports steering wheel, it's pretty straightforward to replace with the M5 steering wheel since the airbag is the same rite? But according to the parts guy, if we try to retro fit the paddle shifts, it will void warranty (PML won't do the paddle shift retrofit)?
[snapback]143616[/snapback]
Thanks. I like the white LED's that light up the interior when they're folded. The mirrors were bought separately. Who's crazy enough to blow $2,796 (including painting and installation) for a set of mirrors?

The M Sport body kit is cheap considering how much stuff you get (3 humungous cartons). Strangely enough, the rear view glass was 20% more expensive than the housing. The mirrors are really expensive because of all the circuitry that's built in to them.

The M5 paddle shift retro fit kit for step trannies that I have seen actually has the tacit approval of BMW GB, who may offer it as an OEM part. It uses all OEM BMW connectors (no cutting or splicing of wires at all), and takes a whole 45 minutes to fit. The best part is that it costs less than my mirrors (at least if you already have the sports steering wheel you don't have to buy a new airbag assembly). The M5 steering wheel, SMG paddles (re-wired), and the wiring kit cost less than $2,750. But hey, why do I care?

Originally Posted by totoseow' date='Jun 27 2005, 05:57 PM
i m resisting the 166m.? they are 13,88kg.? my 124 is 11.88kg.? but the 166 looks so nice.? there is a new breyton 19" that is just 11kg...but looks like a pig.

somehow i cant see myself paying 3k for those m5 mirrors.? anyway, pete...when u can gimme a call...catchup for that taxi ride...
[snapback]143620[/snapback]
Where did you get the wheel weights of the 166M? Is that 13.88 kg for the 8.5" or the 9.5"? I wanted to get the forged M6 wheels, but for a 1.8kg per wheel saving, it would have cost a small fortune. Maybe EdLee will sell off his M6 wheels once he gets his? Dibs for me.

The new Breyton Flames look nice, and weigh the same as your 124's according to Autovox. How much are they?

Yeah, but my PS2's weigh 10.4kg and 11.4kg respectively front and rear. How heavy are your 18" run flats?

Picked up my car this afternoon after a couple of 'enhancements' were added. Let's compare soon, but you'll have to give me a 5 second head start. You'll recognize my car - it's the one without orange LED's.

I am sending this from my sofa at home. The Cathay Pacific First Class lounge in Bangkok only had 11mbps wi-fi, so it sucked.

Hey ZAG, I'm going to never-never land in July. Will you let me use your private jet? I may need it to bring back a few more 'enhancements' since my wheels are so bloody heavy as Toto has pointed out.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:58 PM
Members

Hi everyone,

I was starting my engine yesterday when the iDrive prompted me to send the car in for an oil change with the distance indicated as (1700km). I find this extremely puzzling since the car has long exceeded that mileage . I'm currently at 14,000+ km now. Anyone knows what is going on here? Or, have I been driving so conservatively that the engine oil has remained "clean" until now???? Hmmm could it be a problem with the iDrive? I haven't sent the car in for any servicing since I drove it out of the collection centre around Sept 04 so I'm still on a much earlier version of iDrive software. I think the PML techs will upgrade my software once I send it in ......but I hope they will have solved the eyebrow problem by then. If not I will try to insist on upgrading to version 16 instead.

Cheers!
Old 06-30-2005, 05:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by stormrider' date='Jun 30 2005, 04:58 PM
Hi everyone,

I was starting my engine yesterday when the iDrive prompted me to send the car in for an oil change with the distance indicated as (1700km). I find this extremely puzzling since the car has long exceeded that mileage? . I'm currently at 14,000+ km now. Anyone knows what is going on here? Or, have I been driving so conservatively that the engine oil has remained "clean" until now???? Hmmm could it be a problem with the iDrive? I haven't sent the car in for any servicing since I drove it out of the collection centre around Sept 04 so I'm still on a much earlier version of iDrive software. I think the PML techs will upgrade my software once I send it in ......but I hope they will have solved the eyebrow problem by then. If not I will try to insist on upgrading to version 16 instead.

Cheers!
[snapback]144795[/snapback]

I think it's telling you you have 1700km to go before the oil change. You can also see this on the central console when you first start the engine; or in the service menu on the idrive.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:28 PM
Members

My Ride: 520i, titanium silver, Jan 2005, Vicool Premier Package

Just got back from a 4 day trip to Genting. The drive up and back was smooth (traffic was light after the school holidays) and met with only one police check on the way up. The engine was quiet and pulled strongly. The car felt more responsive (as compared to my earlier trip in April 2005).

Drove at a sedate pace and am pleased to find that fuel consumption was only 6.1 lit/100 km for a total distance of some 800 km (including the run up the hill).
Old 07-01-2005, 02:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Originally Posted by new owner' date='Jul 1 2005, 02:28 PM
Just got back from a 4 day trip to Genting.? The drive up and back was smooth (traffic was light after the school holidays) and met with only one police check on the way up.? The engine was quiet and pulled strongly.? The car felt more responsive (as compared to my earlier trip in April 2005).

Drove at a sedate pace and am pleased to find that fuel consumption was only 6.1 lit/100 km for a total distance of some 800 km (including the run up the hill).
[snapback]144882[/snapback]

Don't suppose you floored the pedal right?
Old 07-01-2005, 06:24 AM
Senior Members

Was @ PML this afternoon when my bluetooth suddenly died on me! Tech did a RESET (that's what he said he did ) with a wireless module and bluetooth is back again (don't know for how long though?)

Met Mr Thorsten (hope I spelled his name correctly) and he noted that my ride still has the "brow" and smiled seemingly to tell me "good for you if you have not upgraded from 16.2 )

We also discussed the new door seals as mine is starting to creak - snr tech concurred that there are other complainants too

He told me he remembered that we were to have a meet in PML and he's genuinely looking forward to it
Old 07-01-2005, 06:45 AM
Members

My Ride: 520i, titanium silver, Jan 2005, Vicool Premier Package

Originally Posted by russo' date='Jul 1 2005, 06:01 PM
[quote name='new owner' date='Jul 1 2005, 02:28 PM']Just got back from a 4 day trip to Genting.? The drive up and back was smooth (traffic was light after the school holidays) and met with only one police check on the way up.? The engine was quiet and pulled strongly.? The car felt more responsive (as compared to my earlier trip in April 2005).

[snapback]144882[/snapback]

Don't suppose you floored the pedal right?
[snapback]144915[/snapback]
[/quote]

No, I was with family and drove within the speed limit
Old 07-01-2005, 10:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

Anyone here speak indo (indonesian)? Like indo food?

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans