E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 06:56 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' date='Jun 16 2005, 10:26 AM
Yepp, V17.1 stopped the LEDs.?
I can triple confirm this, just got my car back from PML today, after oil change and s/w update to 17.1, front orange LEDs don't work now

One thing though, the CSAs need to get up to speed with the s/w upgrade thingy, I had to leave my ride overnight because apparently the s/w update kept failing. Even as late as this morning I was told they were still having trouble with getting the bluetooth working after the update and they only got everything OK after 12pm today

At least I finally have MP3 playback through the CD drive. It actually works quite well, I'm surprise how fast it is to navigate the CD-ROM's different directories.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:56 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by eggz' date='Jun 18 2005, 08:56 AM
I can triple confirm this, just got my car back from PML today, after oil change and s/w update to 17.1, front orange LEDs don't work now?
[snapback]140705[/snapback]
OO. Another issue coming up, I guess.

Anyway, this is what I learnt about the software upgrade in general and why they take such a long time. The car has to be cooled down to room temperature before the upgrade can be done. PML leaves your ride to cool overnight. That is the main reason why it takes more than a day. Furthermore, nobody; absolutely nobody is to go near to meddle with anything during the upgrade; otherwise .....failure.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:10 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Jun 18 2005, 09:56 AM
The car has to be cooled down to room temperature before the upgrade can be done.? PML leaves your ride to cool overnight.? That is the main reason why it takes more than a day.? Furthermore, nobody; absolutely nobody is to go near to meddle with anything during the upgrade; otherwise .....failure.
[snapback]140720[/snapback]
That's pretty interesting. What's the reason the car has to be cooled to room temperature prior to upgrade? I read somewhere that they will have the ability to do these upgrades wirelessly in the future.

BTW, you also have mp3 working, that means you are on at least 16.2? Are your front LEDs working?
Old 06-18-2005, 10:02 AM
Senior Members

Don't ask me. I don't know why but I'll check.

Yes I am on 16.2 and yes, my leds are working - thank goodness. I'm not gonna be tempted into 17.1 or any other upgrade till they have solved this led problem. My E60 wouldn't look the same w/out the eyebrows. I'd sell the car right away if they insist that its regulation.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:22 PM
Senior Members

Just in. Porsche has registered a brand new Carrerra S for test drives. I have "unwillingly" been pestered into one by the sales person. My ride will be on Monday.

This is one of the few chances you will ever get to drive a Carrerra S. So, if you have been there previously and been disappointed because of the non-availibility of a test drive, I'd suggest you call your sales rep and get it arranged.

Its brand new, mind you!!!
Old 06-19-2005, 07:09 AM
Senior Members

Even if I call I don't think I'd be pestered, even willingly
Old 06-20-2005, 03:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by eggz' date='Jun 18 2005, 10:10 AM
[quote name='Edlee' date='Jun 18 2005, 09:56 AM']The car has to be cooled down to room temperature before the upgrade can be done.? PML leaves your ride to cool overnight.? That is the main reason why it takes more than a day.? Furthermore, nobody; absolutely nobody is to go near to meddle with anything during the upgrade; otherwise .....failure.
[snapback]140720[/snapback]
That's pretty interesting. What's the reason the car has to be cooled to room temperature prior to upgrade? I read somewhere that they will have the ability to do these upgrades wirelessly in the future.

BTW, you also have mp3 working, that means you are on at least 16.2? Are your front LEDs working?
[snapback]140722[/snapback]
[/quote]
On some of the SIBs for software issues they speak of not doing the CIP upgrade unless a specific component is below a certain temperature. On 17.xx it was a transmission issue that set a specific value. But I think in large part it is just a CYA to ensure there are no overspec temp issues when they try to do the update - perhaps a general guidance from HQ.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:33 AM
Senior Members

Hey guys!!! There are a few unresolved issues which I think we should take up soonest possible.

Firstly, the PML meet. Per Olivin's last post, PML has opened their doors to us for discussions, etc. Why not take this up for the benefit of all? I agree with Tategoi that we should communicate thru e-mail on this issue, but so far there is no one taking up the gauntlet. Tategoi, are you reading this?

Secondly, the suggestion by Russo on the trip up north. It doesn't have to be Genting. Can be somewhere nearer. Any show of hands on this one? Remember, it is safe to travel in numbersw and frankly, you'll not get many chances to feel as safe.

Last but not least, its been over a month since our last meet. Any suggestion?
Old 06-23-2005, 02:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Jun 22 2005, 09:33 PM
Hey guys!!!? There are a few unresolved issues which I think we should take up soonest possible.

Firstly, the PML meet.? Per Olivin's last post, PML has opened their doors to us for discussions, etc.? Why not take this up for the benefit of all?? I agree with Tategoi that we should communicate thru e-mail on this issue, but so far there is no one taking up the gauntlet.? Tategoi, are you reading this?

Secondly, the suggestion by Russo on the trip up north.? It doesn't have to be Genting.? Can be somewhere nearer.? Any show of hands on this one?? Remember, it is safe to travel in numbersw and frankly, you'll not get many chances to feel as safe.

Last but not least, its been over a month since our last meet.? Any suggestion?
[snapback]141890[/snapback]

Yeah, the dates are drawing nearer liao. Need to know if you guys are interested in clearing the carbon. On my side about 3 to 4 of us going. A mix of E46 and maybe an M3. It'll be great. We could always go Malacca again if KL is too far for you guys.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:03 AM
Senior Members

Yes, I am reading the forum. I will be at Carman this afternoon.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans