E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 05:18 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by BMW#4' date='Jun 17 2005, 06:12 AM
Toto,
FYI:
South Africa has several hundred BMW dealerships & is a big market for BMW's!

Also the BMW Rosslyn? plant in Pretoria South Africa is one of the top vehicle production plants in the world & exports to most of the right hand drive markets worldwide.

Please do not generalise about countries of which you have no knowlege.

Thanks
[snapback]140335[/snapback]
I think Toto is just giving a figuritive's speak. No need to get excited.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:15 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BMW#4' date='Jun 17 2005, 04:12 AM
Toto,
FYI:

Also the BMW Rosslyn? plant in Pretoria South Africa is one of the top vehicle production plants in the world & exports to most of the right hand drive markets worldwide.

Thanks
Not surprising that there are tons of BMW dealerships in SA - it's a big country. Shame for us we only have one exclusive agent in Sillypore. Great for BMW AG because they can price their cars, parts and accessories as they wish, and let PML put their own exhorbitant markups, and consumers have no choice but to stump up.

If it wasn't for Rosslyn, SA produced e46's and e90's, prices here would be even higher for the entry level buyer, so things could be even worse.

Which part of SA are you from BMW#4? I visited Southern Africa (Malawi, Zim, and sugar producing parts of SA) in 1990.I really loved the Cape and Table Mountain. I'd love to take an M5 round those spectacular twisty coast roads. Not sure about the wines from Constantia though.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:19 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 6spdMan' date='Jun 17 2005, 04:15 PM
[quote name='BMW#4' date='Jun 17 2005, 04:12 AM']Toto,
FYI:

Thanks
Not surprising that there are tons of BMW dealerships in SA - it's a big country. Shame for us we only have one exclusive agent in Sillypore. Great for BMW AG because they can price their cars, parts and accessories as they wish, and let PML put their own exhorbitant markups, and consumers have no choice but to stump up.

If it wasn't for Rosslyn, SA produced e46's and e90's, prices here would be even higher for the entry level buyer, so things could be even worse.

Which part of SA are you from BMW#4? I visited Southern Africa (Malawi, Zim, and sugar producing parts of SA) in 1990.I really loved the Cape and Table Mountain. I'd love to take an M5 round those spectacular twisty coast roads. Not sure about the wines from Constantia though.
[snapback]140j.364[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hi 6SpdMan
I am in Sandton (Johannesburg region).

You are right, the Cape ls a beautiful driving Iocation. When were you last here?
Old 06-17-2005, 07:26 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Stranger' date='Jun 17 2005, 07:16 AM
[quote name='Edlee' date='Jun 17 2005, 05:56 AM']
Only way to find out is to turn on the indicators.? If they work, then it seems BMW have now changed the use of the eyebrows.

However, I really wouldn't want that change.? It distinguishes the E60 from all other cars on the road; even the other BMWs.? It's one of the many reasons why people buy the E60.
[snapback]140332[/snapback]
Was just thinking if this violated any country's code, just to give them the benefit of the doubt. Afterall, if you told me they had this bug, well...

I personally like this feature. Now I will hold back updating my software until this clears up ...
[snapback]140352[/snapback]
[/quote]

I just hope this doesn't develop into one of those i-drive warning screen issues. Gosh, that will really be terrible; having PML tell us we will have to get LTA's approval to have the eyebrows reset again.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:27 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Stranger' date='Jun 17 2005, 07:16 AM
[quote name='Edlee' date='Jun 17 2005, 05:56 AM']
Only way to find out is to turn on the indicators.? If they work, then it seems BMW have now changed the use of the eyebrows.

However, I really wouldn't want that change.? It distinguishes the E60 from all other cars on the road; even the other BMWs.? It's one of the many reasons why people buy the E60.
[snapback]140332[/snapback]
Was just thinking if this violated any country's code, just to give them the benefit of the doubt. Afterall, if you told me they had this bug, well...

I personally like this feature. Now I will hold back updating my software until this clears up ...
[snapback]140352[/snapback]
[/quote]

I just hope this doesn't develop into one of those i-drive warning screen issues. Gosh, that will really be terrible; having PML tell us we will have to get LTA's approval to have the eyebrows reset again.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Stranger' date='Jun 17 2005, 03:18 PM
[quote name='BMW#4' date='Jun 17 2005, 06:12 AM']
Toto,
FYI:

Thanks
I think Toto is just giving a figuritive's speak. No need to get excited.
[snapback]140355[/snapback]
[/quote]

I am just keeping the record straight as any proud citizen would do.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:32 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BMW#4' date='Jun 17 2005, 08:19 AM
Hi 6SpdMan

You are right, the Cape ls a beautiful driving Iocation. When were you last here?
[snapback]140387[/snapback]
Only made the one trip to Southern Africa in 1990, when I was working in Paris for a sugar trading company. I was in Cape Town the week that Nelson Mandela was released. My guide was an old school Rhodesian settler who had never really gotten used to the concept of Zimbabwe.

I have never visited Jo'burg (no sugar production there I'm told), but I saw the city flying from Durban to Cape Town. I was very impressed by the multitude of huge holes (gold and diamond mines I believe) on the plateau surrounding Jo'burg though.

BTW, I am a huge fan of your fellow Springbok Retief Goosen, and also Ernie of course. I am watching the US Open (currently in Vancouver) and rooting for another SA victory. Go Retief!
Old 06-17-2005, 07:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 6spdMan' date='Jun 17 2005, 05:32 PM
[quote name='BMW#4' date='Jun 17 2005, 08:19 AM']Hi 6SpdMan

[snapback]140387[/snapback]
Only made the one trip to Southern Africa in 1990, when I was working in Paris for a sugar trading company. I was in Cape Town the week that Nelson Mandela was released. My guide was an old school Rhodesian settler who had never really gotten used to the concept of Zimbabwe.

I have never visited Jo'burg (no sugar production there I'm told), but I saw the city flying from Durban to Cape Town. I was very impressed by the multitude of huge holes (gold and diamond mines I believe) on the plateau surrounding Jo'burg though.

BTW, I am a huge fan of your fellow Springbok Retief Goosen, and also Ernie of course. I am watching the US Open (currently in Vancouver) and rooting for another SA victory. Go Retief!
[snapback]140395[/snapback]
[/quote]

If you play golf, then that is reason enough to get back to SA, it is a golfers paradise.

I'd be happy to arrange a few rounds for you as Iong as you dont mind me joining in.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:05 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BMW#4' date='Jun 17 2005, 08:47 AM
If you play golf, then that is reason enough to get back to SA, it is a golfers paradise.

I'd be happy to arrange a few rounds for you as Iong as you dont mind me joining in. ?
[snapback]140404[/snapback]
You should be careful making your very kind offer on the Singapore thread because you might end up with more Singaporean 'friends' than you know what to do with. Did I mention that golf is a Government sanctioned sport in Singapore? Imagine 60,000 official golfers out of a population of 3,000,000. There are 20 18 hole courses on this island of 250 sq miles. And another 50 courses within an hour's drive in neighbouring Malaysia, where it costs a quarter to play.

I have long wanted to see Sol Kerzner's Lost City (or is it Sin City?), in particular the Gary Player course, where Nicky Price, Ernie, Retief, and co have had so much success in the NedBank Challenge in recent years. Also Fancourt (Ernie's resort home in SA?) where the President's Cup was played.

Unfortunately, my wife doesn't golf, so it a tough sell. Is there a golf course in the Mala Mala game reserve?

If you ever find yourself in our 'fine' city, let me know. I'll take you to my home course, Sentosa Golf Club, for a round of golf.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:54 AM
Senior Members

The power of internet forums, happy to see people from different corners of the world making cross border friendship. Thumbs up!

On software upgrade, do it slowly, take a number, and wait for PML to call you up. Don't rush into it.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans