E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 03:00 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi BMW 530. Lets just keep our fingers crossed that we'll have the decals ready by then.

Hi Stormrider. Thanks but no thanks. As I have indicated in this thread previously, I installed something non-invasive and had a harrowing few weeks. Definitely not for me.

Tategoi, best of luck on your ICE installation. Hope to hear your set-up next time we meet.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:29 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by stormrider' date='Jan 12 2005, 06:50 PM
I had 10 Bioion fuel crackers (6 on the fuel line and 4 elsewhere) installed in my vehicle and added mico-plating engine oil treatment. I then took the vehicle out...
[snapback]78374[/snapback]
Hm, sorry mate! your post really remind me of those in the world of audiophiles, "place some coins on the speakers and it improve the sound slightly.... and so on.

Edlee, are we still organising a drive up to the north before CNY? been wanting to stretch the legs of my ride.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:34 AM
Members

My Ride: June 2004, 520i, Sapphire Black, Black interior. January 2003, VW Beetle 1.8T, Black Interior & Exterior.

Hi Guys,

Could someone please recommend a good body/paint shop? I need to get some dents and scratches removed from both my front and rear bumpers. I need a good job done on my Sapphire Black paint job. It'll be simple touch up jobs but I wouldn't like to have patches after the paint dries up.

Any recommendations (and possibly how much I'd be looking at)?
Old 01-13-2005, 03:46 AM
Senior Members

Hi Dindae. I would recommend you Ah Lye from Lye Designs. He's located at Autopoint lvl 04. USe him for dents, dinks, whatever that do not require respray.

As for respray, wuould recommend Ah Long. Don't know the name of his shop, but can tell you that he is located at Pandan Cresent in the carpark right above the Lumboghini (hope I got the spelling right) showroom. You go up the carpark ramp and his shop is the one located right at the end. He's got BMW original paint and does some really neat work on your car.

I'm keen if anyone else is. Can anyone do a poll here? I don't know how. The coming holidays next week should be great.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:07 AM
Members

My Ride: June 2004, 520i, Sapphire Black, Black interior. January 2003, VW Beetle 1.8T, Black Interior & Exterior.

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Jan 13 2005, 08:46 PM
Hi Dindae.? I would recommend you Ah Lye from Lye Designs.? He's located at Autopoint lvl 04.? USe him for dents, dinks, whatever that do not require respray.

As for respray, wuould recommend Ah Long.? Don't know the name of his shop, but can tell you that he is located at Pandan Cresent in the carpark right above the Lumboghini (hope I got the spelling right) showroom.? You go up the carpark ramp and his shop is the one located right at the end.? He's got BMW original paint and does some really neat work on your car.

[snapback]78725[/snapback]
Hi Edlee,

Thanks for the tip. I'll go drop by tomorrow morning. Cheers!
Old 01-13-2005, 07:01 AM
Senior Members

I am keen to go up north for yong tau foo, but I am not sure if next weekend is a good time as the traffic would surely be heavy. If you are thinking of staying overnight I am also not sure if there is any more hotel rooms available

Anyway, just got my car back after it spent 2 days at east coast. The software is now 13.2 with that annoying Accept screen. Acive steering feels heavier now. CD no longer starts at track 1. Driver's window supposedly fixed, so far so good. Klok-klok sound from left dash when turning right up carpark slope still there despite assured by PML that they have tightened the bumpers.

Checked with an SA, he advised that I changed the engine oil after 15,000 Km. Anyone of you had changed oil before the stipulated 25k?
Old 01-13-2005, 08:52 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Guys, lately i have experienced a few occassions of cold start whereby the starter cranked longer than usual before the engine fires up like at least 5 secs!

any of you had this experience?
Old 01-13-2005, 11:33 AM
Members

My Ride:

Edlee, I'll let'ya know next time I fly into the red dot.
Anyway, Is her design accepted in Singapore? Here, in Japan, Many say
E60s are ugly, especially their front face, making W211s more popular.
In 2004, 9000+ E60/61s and 28000+ W/S211s were sold in Japan including US military registration, although 3-4 times more 3 series' are sold than C class.
Guess the Luxury car market is very conservative here.
So, I'm very interested to see how active this Singapore thread is.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:12 PM
Senior Members

My ride is at East Coast right now. Changing the noisy seat rail, rectifying the annoying sudden gear change problem and a few other little things. I have requested that they change my engine oil which they will oblige (at a cost). Mileage is under 4000Km but what the hell. Alot or people I spoke with say that this should be done after running in. Hope its money well spent.

Going up north just for kicks kate at night or early in the morning is fun. There should not be too much traffic if you time it right. I personally would not stop over for anything; just too dangerous. Just drive up to maybe Malacca and make a turn back into SIN. Plenty of 24 hour eating places here to fill up our stomaches.

Cheech, thats the spirit. Let us know and we'll turn up in force to welcome you. I do not have figures but the E60 is generally well accepted here. The Mercs are losing a fair bit of market share because the local cab companies have acquired the latest model and put them on the road as cabs. Owners of expensive vehicles (especially Mercs) don't like this idea. Potential owners get turned off. People generally like the shape of the E60. I never fail to get the looks whenever I pass by crowded places. In fact, you'll see the E60 almost everywhere you go in SIN. Unfortunately the service of the agent here in SIN does not do juctice to the car.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by zag' date='Jan 13 2005, 12:52 PM
Guys, lately i have experienced a few occassions of cold start whereby the starter cranked longer than usual before the engine fires up like at least 5 secs!

any of you had this experience?
[snapback]78782[/snapback]
Normally when that happens it is a prelude to the battery dying ...

If you can measure the voltage:
with engine off - should read around 12+ (higher side)
with engine on only - should read around 14+ (13+ still ok)
with engine on and all elec. on - should read around 13+.

But it could also mean the alternator is going - not doing its job of charging the battery. But mostly battery is the culprit.

If not, don't know the reason.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans