E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 03:12 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Jan 13 2005, 04:12 PM
Going up north just for kicks kate at night or early in the morning is fun.? There should not be too much traffic if you time it right.? I personally would not stop over for anything; just too dangerous.? Just drive up to maybe Malacca and make a turn back into SIN.? Plenty of 24 hour eating places here to fill up our stomaches.
[snapback]78833[/snapback]
Actually I have stopped over along the highway many times for breaks, from south johor to ipoh. At most I get odd stares by some passer-bys.

But I normally stopped at large rest areas whereby there were a lot of people and traffic; and I won't do that at night. So, just have to be careful and know what not to do or where not to go.

However, going up in a convoy of BM's may attract unwanted attentions and could be a different story.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:20 PM
Senior Members

I also drove up to Cameron Highland over the Xmas period. I saw a new 7-series, Jag XJ series, couple of S-Class, at least 3 new 525i, Volvo XC90 and a few more older models Merc; and of course few 3 series. All Malaysian cars.

I was a bit worried in the beginning. In the end I found no one really bothered; and I just enjoyed myself driving around in those twisty roads.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Senior Members

drove to cameron as well...no big deal...stop at 208km mark..its safe la...driving in a convoy shud b even safer...go piss in batches! ...nothing to worry bout. but those not used to nite driving shud be careful....there r long stretches wif no street lamps....

drove wif eggz to sepang 5am....220 km/h at some parts...needs concentration in the dark.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:06 PM
Senior Members

All is well when you return fine. However, you need just that ONE instance to become a target of opportunity. Losing my ride is okay. I'll gladly give the keys to the car-jacker; but I'm sure you guys have read about people who are maimed or killed for no good reason.

I think going up in a convoy is always safer than going at it alone. Maybe we can plan to drive up to Genting in the early hours of 21/01 and return the same night? Traffic will not be a problem if we don't follow the hoards who leave immediately after work and return on Sunday evening. Its definitely safer up there with the PRIVATE SECURITY, etc. Only problem is how to stay fresh for the return trip.

BTW, collecting my ride from East Coast today. Hope I don't lose a few more strands of hair.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:29 PM
Members

Agree with Edlee. I personally know someone who was car-jacked of his Volvo, robbed of RM$1000 plus by a group of drug junkies. They killed him and dumped his body in an abandon tin mine because they were afraid he could recognise them. There are many desperate drug junkies and illegal immigrants in Malaysia and you need just that ONE instance to become a victim. That's why, I am very kiasu and NEVER drive up to Malaysia.

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Jan 13 2005, 08:06 PM
All is well when you return fine.? However, you need just that ONE instance to become a target of opportunity.? Losing my ride is okay.? I'll gladly give the keys to the car-jacker; but I'm sure you guys have read about people who are maimed or killed for no good reason.

I think going up in a convoy is always safer than going at it alone.? Maybe we can plan to drive up to Genting in the early hours of 21/01 and return the same night?? Traffic will not be a problem if we don't follow the hoards who leave immediately after work and return on Sunday evening.? Its definitely safer up there with the PRIVATE SECURITY, etc.? Only problem is how to stay fresh for the return trip.

BTW, collecting my ride from East Coast today.? Hope I don't lose a few more strands of hair.
[snapback]78922[/snapback]
Old 01-13-2005, 04:34 PM
Senior Members

Just to let you guys in SIN know. I am experiencing HUMONGOUS problems with the service staff at PML ALexandra.

Sent my E46 in the day I drove off with the E60. Ride spent almost 2 weeks there to rectify suspension noises and a few other issues. Unfortunately the problems were not solved even after they replaced some undercarriage items. To top it up, they did not tighten the left wing mirror after replacing the motor and the headlight washer stopped functioning after they replaced the front bumper.

Sent in the car again last week. One of their guys went for a test drive with my son and came back saying that the sound was negligible; only occuring when reversing. I got mad. I personally drove the E46 with the same person in tow. Slipped and slid thru the multi storey car-park and drove as hard as I could just to reproduce the noises which were audible. Even the sales person who was with us heard the noises. However the guy refused to admit there were noises. Can you imagine that? I got James Liew into the picture. He was apologetic as usual and promised to rectify the problem and we arranged to send the car in after they got ready a loan car for us.

We finally got a loaner on Monday. My son who's driving the E46 sent the car in and received some unwarranted comments from the SA regarding my driving and told me about it only that night. I freaked out. Called the sales person and told her I would be returning both cars to PML the next morning and would expect a full refund.

Next morning, just before I set off, I received a call from Henry Lim, the after sales manager. Told him to go to hell. Next, received a call from the SA trying to clarify matters. Said the same thing to him. Whilst on the way to PML Alexandra, got a call from Robert whats his name. He wanted me to solve my problems with Henry Lim saying he had prior appointments to attend to. I told him (rather rudely) that was not on my agenda.

These guys are professionals. The moment I got to PML, they whisked me upstairs. Henry Lim entertained me because "Robert wasn't available". I had calmed down by then and relented after he promised to do a full investigation into whatever happened plus rectify all problems. On top of that he promised me a letter specifying that PML would buy back the car if any other warranty problem resurfaced. I insisted that the E46 be sent to East Coast for repairs.

Whilst at East Coast 2 days ago, Jeffery the SA approachedme and explained the problems with the E46. It seems that the stabaliser bar was loose because the rods that were supporting it were NOT TIGHTENED. And to think the SA over at Alexandra told me he had gone over the works. There were many other problems but to cut short this long post, NEVER SEND YOUR RIDE TO PML ALEXANDRA EVER.

Also, I was thinking of grouping up ALL FELLOW SINGAPORE MEMBERS of this forum. We should get PML to get right to the bottom of our problems and solve them. Problems like the door squeaks. The tape the stick on the underside of our door frames look cheap. Unsightly if you have a car in any other colour than black. I understand that there is a replacement for the whole weather strip. What are they doing about it? If we keep quiet, then they escape scot free. I am sure there are plenty other matters to be discussed. We pay good money for a supposedly great car, but look at the sfter sales service that we are getting - SHIT
Old 01-13-2005, 08:41 PM
Senior Members

Wa lau eh, like dat can also happened. Now I am convinced that we need to bang table in order to get things done. Fortunately the east coast centre is more convenient for me, thus I have been lucky to send my car there twice. I am pretty happy with the service.

Edlee, let us know how you want to take this further, I will support your initiative. We better get PML up to their feet before they get too complacent. And I hope you get things resolved soon.

On driving up to Malaysia, its had always been daunting when thinking of it. But everytime I get there, I felt comfortable. Like a forumer put it, its all in the head. Going up on 21st sounds good, but I must make sure no warning lights on my dash when I got my ICEd car back the day before.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:56 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Jan 13 2005, 08:06 PM
Maybe we can plan to drive up to Genting in the early hours of 21/01 and return the same night?? Traffic will not be a problem if we don't follow the hoards who leave immediately after work and return on Sunday evening.? Its definitely safer up there with the PRIVATE SECURITY, etc.? Only problem is how to stay fresh for the return trip.
[snapback]78922[/snapback]
This can be daunting. Each way is at least 4-5 hours (unless blasting away in very high speed which can be very dangerous for the returning leg)
Old 01-13-2005, 11:02 PM
Senior Members

Regarding the PML experience, I am in for a more unified force from the owners.

However, I had a rather unpleasant experience with the East Coast Workshop also. I lost my emergency key and my Sales told me about disabling it, and specifically asked me to send the car to east coast, which was inconvenient for me (I am in the west).

Anyway, I sent it in at 8am. Waited and waited. I saw all the SA's either sitting at their desks looking at their paper work or simply on the phone, with 4-5 customers waiting. I politely requested the counter twice; and I could see them busy sending my form around the supposedly free SA. None bothered. In the end I had to raise my voice with the counter lady. Finally a guy from the workshop emerged. It was 9.05am already, more than an hour later. The darn thing was over by 9.15am.

Definitely the worst experience I had with any workshop. I won't mind waiting if there were a lot of customers since I didn't have any prior booking. But there were as many SA's as customers there, for goodness sake.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:22 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Stranger' date='Jan 14 2005, 04:02 PM
Regarding the PML experience, I am in for a more unified force from the owners.
[snapback]79029[/snapback]
Actually regarding workshop service experience, it all boils down to how much you know CSA or having a regular CSA you acquainted to.
My experience has been good with the alexandra premise so far but I must admit this was because of my previous e46 repeated encounters with them. Therefore i am no stranger to the workshop. Building a good relationship with a particular CSA will help ease a lot of pains and anxieties.

For instance when I bring in my car with a list of complaints to be fixed, i rarely get challenged or questioned if I am paranoid about the noise; creaks or anything of that sort. coz the CSA knows I never pull a fast one on him for the last 6 years.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans