E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i, Alpine White/Beige Dakota Leather, Steptronic Automatic, Premium Package, Active Steering, Xenon Adaptive Headlights with Dynamic Auto-Leveling Production On 05/2005 Purchased On 07/2005

Hmmmmmmm... Since I'm too lazy to read 247 pages, what's so special about E60 for Singaporeans?
Old 11-14-2005, 03:01 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by arDi' post='197955' date='Nov 14 2005, 04:03 PM
Hmmmmmmm... Since I'm too lazy to read 247 pages, what's so special about E60 for Singaporeans?
not much unless you are from this neck of the woods.....
Old 11-14-2005, 05:34 PM
Members

Hi everyone. Am new here although I have been lurking in the forum for more than a year. Just ordered a 523i and was wondering if you can advise what to look out for when collecting the car (mid-Dec). What freebies can we reasonably ask from the SA?

Since E60s are now a common sight on Singapore roads, I am thinking of personalizing it a bit. My thoughts are:

1. M5 wing mirrors but PML wants to charge me almost $4k for it!!
2. 135 wheels - any comments regarding ride comfort if I change it to non RFTs? How much do you guys think it will cost?
3. Sports steering wheel - was told it will cost a bit over $2k. I like this steering wheel better because it's thicker and more well padded than the regular steering which I find a bit too thin and hard.

Your comments welcome!

BTW, was told by the SA that PML will bring in 523s later equipped with sunroofs and HUD (but no NAV). Not sure about the added cost yet.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:00 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='197869
its near one of my usual noodle shop i go for quick lunch.
http://www.sbestfood.com/dalian.htm

cost: $26/pair.

i am more interested in the noodle shop than the bulbs!
that is one of my fav food haunts too...when are you going again?

just came back from a long trip and can't wait for some good local food!
[/quote]

Yah boy, I love noodles but have never been there. Maybe we should have a GTG there

Originally Posted by Hi5' post='197472' date='Nov 13 2005, 01:33 PM
Hi,

Am looking to buy either a GS300 or a BMW 523i. Friends have advised me that if I am planning to keep for 5 years, buy the BMW, if I plan to keep for 10 years, then go for the Lexus....implying that the Lexus is more reliable and lasting. Any comments?

I personally like the BMW 523i after test driving....much, much better than the older 520i. I also find the BMW much more relaxing and comfortable to drive versus the GS300. Handling is tons better then the GS. Can someone advise me on strategies to get the best price from PML or the sales rep? Am looking to get it within the next few months before my current ride gets scrapped in June 06.

Many Thanks,

Steve
Steve

I am sure you have made up your mind when you posted this question in a BMW thread Go with your heart, don't listen to your friends.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by zag' post='197998
not much unless you are from this neck of the woods.....
[/quote]

They tend to keep it clean here, nothing dirty Nice and Clean just like their city

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='198504' date='Nov 15 2005, 09:00 PM
Steve

I am sure you have made up your mind when you posted this question in a BMW thread Go with your heart, don't listen to your friends.
Don't listen to friends, they tell you the Bimmer suck and buy it the next day. Just like a girl j/k

Get the Bimmer, beats driving a boat around everyday. Better fuel economy too and 523i is good enough for your daily drive in the city.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:43 AM
Senior Members

Anyone from this thread thinking of going?

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=17382
Old 11-15-2005, 08:58 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Jellyfish1' post='198356' date='Nov 15 2005, 10:34 AM
Hi everyone. Am new here although I have been lurking in the forum for more than a year. Just ordered a 523i and was wondering if you can advise what to look out for when collecting the car (mid-Dec). What freebies can we reasonably ask from the SA?

Since E60s are now a common sight on Singapore roads, I am thinking of personalizing it a bit. My thoughts are:

1. M5 wing mirrors but PML wants to charge me almost $4k for it!!
2. 135 wheels - any comments regarding ride comfort if I change it to non RFTs? How much do you guys think it will cost?
3. Sports steering wheel - was told it will cost a bit over $2k. I like this steering wheel better because it's thicker and more well padded than the regular steering which I find a bit too thin and hard.

Your comments welcome!

BTW, was told by the SA that PML will bring in 523s later equipped with sunroofs and HUD (but no NAV). Not sure about the added cost yet.
Welcome and Congrats for the new ride!
Had a chance to live with a 523i for three days, the engine is really a gem, smooth and all!

1. M5 wing mirrors, yeap nice but very costly, i still find hard to justify for it. You can put the full M-tech kit for less than that.
2. 135 wheels - 18" with non run flats would be nice. call up Brendan at 63190190 for quotes, i suspect rims would cost around $3k w/o tyres.
3. Sport steering wheel is defintely great.

523i with sunroof as standard?! nice. but why PML do away with active steering.. the best thing ever on the e60...
Old 11-15-2005, 04:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by Jellyfish1' post='198356' date='Nov 15 2005, 10:34 AM
Don't mean to ruin your buying experience but since you have already put ink on paper, I dont think you will be able to squeeze any more significant freebies from sales reps. Btw, I got a Key Ring

Since I am also a rookie with bimmers, maybe we can arrange to go to the next meet up in Singapore together; less intimidating meeting all the old hands :'(
Old 11-15-2005, 05:05 PM
Members

Welcome and Congrats for the new ride!
Had a chance to live with a 523i for three days, the engine is really a gem, smooth and all!

1. M5 wing mirrors, yeap nice but very costly, i still find hard to justify for it. You can put the full M-tech kit for less than that.
2. 135 wheels - 18" with non run flats would be nice. call up Brendan at 63190190 for quotes, i suspect rims would cost around $3k w/o tyres.
3. Sport steering wheel is defintely great.

523i with sunroof as standard?! nice. but why PML do away with active steering.. the best thing ever on the e60...
[/quote]

Thanks Zag. This is my first Bimmer and yup, BMW accessories can hardly be classified value for money!

I think I'll most likely go for the 135 wheels (nightmare to clean given the brake dust but looks really good!) and the sports steering wheel since the former is more conspicuous and the latter I find far more comfortable than the standard.

Anybody using CSC2 tyres? If yes, what are your comments? Also, has anyone chnaged their brake pads to after market types to reduce dust?

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='198752
Don't mean to ruin your buying experience but since you have already put ink on paper, I dont think you will be able to squeeze any more significant freebies from sales reps. Btw, I got a Key Ring

Since I am also a rookie with bimmers, maybe we can arrange to go to the next meet up in Singapore together; less intimidating meeting all the old hands :'(
[/quote]

Thanks BZSAB. The SA has promised to subsidize my solar film as well as other unspecified goodies but will see if I can squeeze more out of him!
Old 11-16-2005, 06:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 520i, titanium silver, Jan 2005, Vicool Premier Package

Hi, just came back from KL yesterday. A warning for all owners, watch out for your window wipers if you are driving up to Malaysia this coming school holidays. I got my wipers stolen whilst parked in the hotel carpark

A replacement set cost me RM280.00 (got ripped off, I guess the garage chap could see that I was impatient to get on the road and it was raining heavily at the time) :thumbsdown: He told me that it was very common for E60 wipers to be stolen.

So if you are going up north to exercise your cars, it may be prudent to bring along a spare set.

Originally Posted by new owner' post='199308' date='Nov 17 2005, 11:44 AM
Hi, just came back from KL yesterday. A warning for all owners, watch out for your window wipers if you are driving up to Malaysia this coming school holidays. I got my wipers stolen whilst parked in the hotel carpark

A replacement set cost me RM280.00 (got ripped off, I guess the garage chap could see that I was impatient to get on the road and it was raining heavily at the time) :thumbsdown: He told me that it was very common for E60 wipers to be stolen.

So if you are going up north to exercise your cars, it may be prudent to bring along a spare set.
Sorry, I meant the windscreen wipers !

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans