E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 02:29 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Aug 30 2005, 06:27 PM
Hi Edlee, were you at Alexandra PML this afternoon? Saw a black E60 with the same set up you have.? ? And there's an E60 infront of your car using the m5 rims, looks really awesome!

By the way, do you know any shops here in Singapore that carry Hartge stuff?

Thanks.
[snapback]165020[/snapback]
Wah you're still around? Yeah that was me. The car in front belongs to my friend Sam. BTW, thats the last time anyone will ever see my ride with the ACS rims. I just switched to the 166M rims this afternoon. Will post some photos when the weather gets clearer.

Sorry, don't know if anyone carries Hartge stuff. Maybe the others here might know something?
Old 08-30-2005, 07:20 AM
Members

My Ride: E39 -- E60 coming soon

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Aug 30 2005, 12:11 AM
[quote name='BoneDoc' date='Aug 29 2005, 10:30 PM']Hi All

Been lurking and enjoyed reading all the last 3000+ posts.

I'm waiting for my Titanium Silver E60 and was wondering if you guys have any recommendations for polishing/waxing lighter colours like Tit Silver. All the discussions here seem to be about Black.

Thanks in advance
[snapback]164700[/snapback]
Go to Russo. He's one of our forum members. His ph no is 9457 7979. He also uses Zymol and is a hell of a lot more friendly that those guys at CarWorks. Plus he's ex-PML which makes him a good source of info on technicalities, etc.

Take a look at my album and you'll appreciate the shine.

Coincidentally I was a client of CarWorks before I made the switch. Never looked back since. In fact Russo's become a friend to many of us already.
[snapback]164722[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks for the advice. I have heard from friends AutoGlym is good for lighter colours vs Zymol for darker ones. Any comments from those with Lighter Coloured Cars? Zag? Olivin? Professional opinion, Russo?

The other thing I have read somewhere is that the first polish/wax should be done ?4 to 6 weeks after delivery rather than immediately (and avoiding bird sh*t all this time). Is there any truth in this?
Old 08-30-2005, 07:49 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BoneDoc' date='Aug 30 2005, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the advice. I have heard from friends AutoGlym is good for lighter colours vs Zymol for darker ones. Any comments from those with Lighter Coloured Cars? Zag? Olivin? Professional opinion, Russo?

The other thing I have read somewhere is that the first polish/wax should be done ?4 to 6 weeks after delivery rather than immediately (and avoiding bird sh*t all this time). Is there any truth in this?
[snapback]165092[/snapback]
Autoglym gives you a wonderful shine. However, it does not last. Furthermore, these guys use the buffing machine which leaves plenty of swirl marks on your ride. NOT GOOD for your BMW. The paintwork is too sensitive. Trust me. I paid to learn. Furthermore, Autoglym is synthetic and if my memory serves me right, it is a polymer sealant. You will find your wiper jumping whilst wiping the windscreen. This involuntary action by your wiper blades can leave you very frustrated. They will wash your car for you adhoc at SGD 15.00 per wash. (This is from my experience 3 years back)

Bronze Carmen's (RUSSO) Zymol is carnauba wax. It is made from natural sources. This is applied by hand and not using the buffing machine and therefore cancels out possibility of swirl marks. They will wash your car for you at SGD 8.00 per wash adhoc and I can assure you they use plenty more water than Autoglym. CarWorks uses even less water than Autoglym. To top it up, CarWorks washes your car in the sunshine which is BAD!!! I can't really testify that Zymol is good for light coloured cars because I love black. They, however, have different formulae for different shades. Autoglym does not.

Zag uses Zymol also. His ride is silver grey in colour. You can check with him this Sunday.

To each his own, but before you actually commit yourself, drive down to the shops and check out the work done. Speak with the customers. I am sure they will give you good feedback whether they are with Zymol or Autoglym. Nobody wants to tell the world his choice is bad, but if you listen well enough, you will detect some dissatisfaction.

After all that is written, the ultimate choice is yours because its your car and you're the paymaster. Also, I take this opportunity to mention that I am not related in any way to any detailer in Singapore. What I have written is only my frank opinion.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Aug 30 2005, 05:29 AM
[quote name='soc_fans' date='Aug 30 2005, 06:27 PM']Hi Edlee, were you at Alexandra PML this afternoon? Saw a black E60 with the same set up you have.? ? And there's an E60 infront of your car using the m5 rims, looks really awesome!

By the way, do you know any shops here in Singapore that carry Hartge stuff?

Thanks.
[snapback]165020[/snapback]
Wah you're still around? Yeah that was me. The car in front belongs to my friend Sam. BTW, thats the last time anyone will ever see my ride with the ACS rims. I just switched to the 166M rims this afternoon. Will post some photos when the weather gets clearer.

Sorry, don't know if anyone carries Hartge stuff. Maybe the others here might know something?
[snapback]165021[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yup i'm still here, just came back from Indo a few days ago. I will be back to SF in about three weeks time. Err.. how does the 166M rims looks like? Is it the same as the one that your friend Sam has? And what about your AC type 4 wheels, have you sold them yet?
Old 08-30-2005, 06:47 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Aug 31 2005, 02:52 AM
Yup i'm still here, just came back from Indo a few days ago. I will be back to SF in about three weeks time. Err.. how does the 166M rims looks like? Is it the same as the one that your friend Sam has? And what about your AC type 4 wheels, have you sold them yet?
[snapback]165189[/snapback]
166M is the M5 rim. The same as Sam's. Will you be around Sunday? Why not join us at Kallang Macdonald's at 4.00pm on Sunday? The E60 group will be there.

Yes my ACS rims still around. I've had a few people look at them already. You're interested? Call me if you are.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

[snapback]165092[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, Zymol does work on dark colors but they do work wonders for light colors too. In fact you can see a nice sheen on a titanium silver (for example) where the metallic color really glows. Its true. Of course having the Zymol protection is the other factor. Its not which product you put it on thats important, its also how your car is prepared to be waxed. Washing, Cleaning and feeding your brand new paintwork is what we do best.

Its good to apply a layer of wax when your car is still new. 4 to 6 weeks applies to those cars which had a new coat of paint. If you think about it, by the time your car rolls out from the factory to the holding area, up the ship, sail to our shores, to PDI, and to NCDC, the paintwork would have been sufficiently cured by then. As we don't use a buffer to polish your car, you can rest assured your paintwork won't be damaged in anyway with regards to swirl marks. BTW bird poop is easier to be washed on with Zymol wax on.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:12 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by russo' date='Aug 31 2005, 11:48 PM
BTW bird poop is easier to be washed on with Zymol wax on.?
[snapback]165566[/snapback]
Bird poop. My worst enemy!!! These creatures never know where the nearest grass patch is. They especially love black cars!!!

Anyway, washing away bird poop is easy. Just spray plenty of water over it. Its the aftereffect thats scary.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:32 PM
lmk
Contributors

Angry

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Sep 1 2005, 12:12 AM
[quote name='russo' date='Aug 31 2005, 11:48 PM']BTW bird poop is easier to be washed on with Zymol wax on.?
Bird poop. My worst enemy!!! These creatures never know where the nearest grass patch is. They especially love black cars!!!

Anyway, washing away bird poop is easy. Just spray plenty of water over it. Its the aftereffect thats scary.
[snapback]165572[/snapback]
[/quote]

i thought a recent survey found out that birds love to drop on white or lighter colored cars?

update:

i was at my installer place to install my Macmini and the video interface, the MAc works OK , but the video does not toggle.
called Korea this morning (the factory) and they are sending another set by FEDEX today to me and i am returning the old set by collect all at their costs. what a service!

the bad thing is that my installer cannot make it by this weekend so i cannot show you guys how my Macmini with DVD, itunes and GPS on board for this Sunday meeting..
Old 08-31-2005, 05:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' date='Sep 1 2005, 09:32 AM
[quote name='Edlee' date='Sep 1 2005, 12:12 AM'][quote name='russo' date='Aug 31 2005, 11:48 PM']BTW bird poop is easier to be washed on with Zymol wax on.?

[snapback]165572[/snapback]
[/quote]

i thought a recent survey found out that birds love to drop on white or lighter colored cars?

update:

i was at my installer place to install my Macmini and the video interface, the MAc works OK , but the video does not toggle.
called Korea this morning (the factory) and they are sending another set by FEDEX today to me and i am returning the old set by collect all at their costs. what a service!

the bad thing is that my installer cannot make it by this weekend so i cannot show you guys how my Macmini with DVD, itunes and GPS on board for this Sunday meeting..
[snapback]165776[/snapback]
[/quote]

i also think bird poop loves white cars

lmk. can't wait to see ur car. without a touch screen how do you control the mac mini? have to have keyboard? or on screen? to input gps destination?

great to hear the korea provider is responsive. if thats the case, maybe the group here and do a group buy from him.. cheaper.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:56 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bugaboo' date='Sep 1 2005, 09:36 AM
i also think bird poop loves white cars
[snapback]165778[/snapback]
You guys may be right.

But these are really rude creatures that don't care a damned who they offend. Better apply a license to carry a shotgun in the trunk!!!

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans