E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 08:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GuruGreg' post='414115' date='Apr 16 2007, 12:08 PM
do you guys want to meet up???
anytime

BTW, small world...I met yr friend recently; the Ferrari sales guy. He's my neighbour's (maseratiman) bro....yeah bro. Anyway, he tried hardselling me again...430 CS. Next time you see him, pls let him know I'm no longer interested in these type of cars because if I wanted one, I'd have to let go the M6 and be subjected to cut throats who've been eyeing my car on the cheap...no chance. I'm never gonna fall victim to these sharks, so no 430 for me.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Hi! It's been a long time!

My car is well into its 3rd year and a couple of months back, I had to call the emergency because of some oil leaking. Very prompt attendance although the guy tried to smoke me with some funny reasoning of the oil leak. But he duly arranged the tow truck when I indicated I wanted it towed to the workshop. Turned out to be the tension strut crack. Changed and no non-sense from them.

Then I have had this clicking and cracking noise from my steering for over 1 year now, and when I sent in for service the last time, it was the 5th time I asked it to be fixed. I also had metal clashing sound when I started the car in the morning, intermittently. Before I sent it in, I actually wrote a small feedback to pml indicating that I was concerned and worried that the steering problem still couldn't be solved, and my warranty was expiring.

The workshop during that service, told me they couldn't hear the click and crack and naturally the clashing sound because it only happened in the morning. But I think they tried to fix it even though they said nothing was done (in case I complained they couldn't do it the 5th time, ). The click was gone but the crack and the intermittent clashing start were still there. That was after 2 days in the workshop.

But, they offered me to queue for a courtesy car so that they could keep the car longer to observe. This without me asking but my sales actually called me up after I sent in the feedback. I was a bit surprised because I know they don't do that for 520's. So, I pressed them for a date and told them about what Alexandra site did to me; all lip services and after 2 years, I was never contacted. I told them, it's my car that needed service and not me.

To their credit, this time, they came back to me as promised, and I got my courtesy car, and my car is now sitting in the workshop. Hopefully, they can sort it out this time.

I just want to share some positives from them. After all, it's quite rare I feel good about workshops in Singapore in general, and I am not a very demanding customer in fact.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:18 AM
Senior Members

Hi Stranger. Long time no see. I was just wondering aloud with afew other pals from this forum about your whereabouts recently. Hope you are well.

Yes, you are right in a way. PML service is really quite irratic; just like the cars we drive. At times, they prove to be really frustrating to deal with but tend to surprise you once in a while with fantastic service and initiative.

It took me quite a while, but I have finally met the right guys over at Kg Arang....they're a great bunch of people to deal with.

Hope to hear more from you and maybe meet up one of these days along with the rest.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

I'm sure PML will always try to give its best when it comes to solving customers' problems. Anyway CSA Jeff Vat from ECC has been transferred over to PC couple of weeks ago. Permanently I think.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='416829' date='Apr 23 2007, 10:18 AM
Hi Stranger. Long time no see. I was just wondering aloud with afew other pals from this forum about your whereabouts recently. Hope you are well.

Yes, you are right in a way. PML service is really quite irratic; just like the cars we drive. At times, they prove to be really frustrating to deal with but tend to surprise you once in a while with fantastic service and initiative.

It took me quite a while, but I have finally met the right guys over at Kg Arang....they're a great bunch of people to deal with.

Hope to hear more from you and maybe meet up one of these days along with the rest.
Hi, Ed. I am fine, thanks. A couple of times, you guys met on Sunday afternoon and that's the time I would need my beauty nap. Kekeke. I will try to turn up. I promise. (and I don't do lip services like they do. )
Old 04-23-2007, 03:49 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by russo' post='416847' date='Apr 23 2007, 11:25 AM
I'm sure PML will always try to give its best when it comes to solving customers' problems. Anyway CSA Jeff Vat from ECC has been transferred over to PC couple of weeks ago. Permanently I think.
I think they do try (kg. arang). It's just that every time, they would require more than 1 day, and some intermittent problems can't be solved within a day or 2.

And I caught Jeff on his very last day (apparently) at kg. arang. He told me he was going away the next monday and sounded permanent to me also. Other than Dennis, whom else to look for there?
Old 04-23-2007, 06:05 PM
lmk
Contributors

Russo,

i need you to tell me the location of our OBDII receptacle.

thx.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:32 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Stranger' post='416991
And I caught Jeff on his very last day (apparently) at kg. arang. He told me he was going away the next monday and sounded permanent to me also. Other than Dennis, whom else to look for there?
A loss for Kg Arang. Jeff is knowledgeable. Unfortunately he tends to be abit overbearing at times, but his esperience and knowledge of the brand more than makes up for it. Look on the bright side; we now have somebody reliable at Alexandra. Unfortunately, I'm afraid the work ethics of the backroom staff at Alexandra may pull his ratings down.

Originally Posted by lmk' post='417050' date='Apr 24 2007, 10:05 AM
Aren't the OBD I and II receptacles located right between your thighs? Poor guy; you mean you can't locate them? Oh dear....
Old 04-28-2007, 09:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Originally Posted by lmk' post='417050' date='Apr 24 2007, 10:05 AM
Russo,

thx.

Its at the side panel beside the bonnet opening lever. The OBDII cover is facing you when you look at it. If you car comes with a retrofitted boot switch, its right below it.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:12 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='417647' date='Apr 25 2007, 10:32 PM
Aren't the OBD I and II receptacles located right between your thighs? Poor guy; you mean you can't locate them? Oh dear....
haha! you mean your OBDII is between your tighs? mine are not! Between my tighs are more important things to be there!
hmm....little wonder why you need more power aids than i do....hehehe...

By the way, i just want to try out my scanner on my ride, so that anyone needs to reset anything like fail lights or serivce lights, can get it from me lor...reset for free!

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans