E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 05:46 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i Black,

Sorry to change the subject, but I just picked up car from PML. It was in for door noises, engine knocking sound and jerky shifting. Now for the door noise they actually glued some tape onto my car's body called "anti friction tape". I paid a quarter mil for this car and PML fixes this with tape? I asked them to remove it and resolve it better. For the engine knocking sound, first they changed the lifters, then the cams, then the tensioners and chain. Well guess what, now the "aftersales manager Henry Lim" is telling me they have to change the ENGINE because some coating on the cylinder walls are wearing off causing the pistons to move around. He is lying to me, he does not know what he is talking about at all. This is a 5 months old car, how can it be lah? And how many times do I have to take off from work to get a problem diagnosed the right way the first time? How many technicians are actually trained in Germany? It is a hassle to get a loan car, the last time they gave me a Toyota. Huh??? I paid a quarter mil for a BMW to get a Toyota as a loaner???
Owning this car is a big headache, soon I have to hire a assistant just to write my complaint letters. Instead of fixing my car they offer me gift certifcates and hampers. What business are they running?
Did any of you had simialar problems with thei cars? I would appreciate any shared thoughts lah.
I decided to buy a Mercedes, I feel like I live at PML. My wife is not very happy with them either.
Sorry for the long article, just felt good to share.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:02 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='286952' date='May 24 2006, 08:58 PM
i also experienced sitting in a cab, and my usual cab driver own this thingy motorola fleet set. He has a group of kakis communicating with each other every now and then.
They wil warn each other of traffic jams and cops with speed traps too.
Motorola walkies? Did you ask what channel they are using?
Old 05-24-2006, 06:09 AM
Senior Members

E60subnet, sorry to hear about your problems. Most of us face the door noise problem and have got the anti friction tape stuck under the frame. BMW tried changing the rubber seals but that did not work. Try to bear with this. As for my good friend Henry Lim, you'll have to go back a couple of hundred pages of this thread to know what I think of him. You're in fact lucky that they consider changing your engine. I had my 545 since Nov 2004 and the engine shook at idle from day one. It was only recently that they changed my cylinder heads. Imagine, 16 months to come to a decision as this. I am sure you will have a happy ending once the engine's changed.....

OK guys, here's a sneak preview. More to come next week.....

E60 for Singaporeans-24052006122.jpg
Old 05-24-2006, 06:14 AM
Members

Originally Posted by e60subnet' post='286963' date='May 24 2006, 09:46 PM
Sorry to change the subject, but I just picked up car from PML. It was in for door noises, engine knocking sound and jerky shifting. Now for the door noise they actually glued some tape onto my car's body called "anti friction tape". I paid a quarter mil for this car and PML fixes this with tape? I asked them to remove it and resolve it better. For the engine knocking sound, first they changed the lifters, then the cams, then the tensioners and chain. Well guess what, now the "aftersales manager Henry Lim" is telling me they have to change the ENGINE because some coating on the cylinder walls are wearing off causing the pistons to move around. He is lying to me, he does not know what he is talking about at all. This is a 5 months old car, how can it be lah? And how many times do I have to take off from work to get a problem diagnosed the right way the first time? How many technicians are actually trained in Germany? It is a hassle to get a loan car, the last time they gave me a Toyota. Huh??? I paid a quarter mil for a BMW to get a Toyota as a loaner???
Owning this car is a big headache, soon I have to hire a assistant just to write my complaint letters. Instead of fixing my car they offer me gift certifcates and hampers. What business are they running?
Did any of you had simialar problems with thei cars? I would appreciate any shared thoughts lah.
I decided to buy a Mercedes, I feel like I live at PML. My wife is not very happy with them either.

E60Subnet,

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with PML. I think you should make more noises and write to higher level in PML. I am sure some of the senior forumers here will give you some useful advises as to who or what you should do.

Thank you for sharing.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:16 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='286966' date='May 24 2006, 10:02 PM
Motorola walkies? Did you ask what channel they are using?
not totally a walkie talkie, it is a mobile phone with push to talk functions and it can braodcast to everyone in the loop.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:26 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='286971' date='May 24 2006, 10:09 PM
E60subnet, sorry to hear about your problems. Most of us face the door noise problem and have got the anti friction tape stuck under the frame. BMW tried changing the rubber seals but that did not work. Try to bear with this. As for my good friend Henry Lim, you'll have to go back a couple of hundred pages of this thread to know what I think of him. You're in fact lucky that they consider changing your engine. I had my 545 since Nov 2004 and the engine shook at idle from day one. It was only recently that they changed my cylinder heads. Imagine, 16 months to come to a decision as this. I am sure you will have a happy ending once the engine's changed.....

OK guys, here's a sneak preview. More to come next week.....

Attachment 19400
Ed,

nice rims!

E60subnet,

my door squeaks after the 1st month and the tape has been there for 2 years 6 months liao, so far so good.

i was one Merc owner that shy away from C&C due to bad service and warranty claim, that is why i go for BMW. I told them, cusotmers do not complain, they just don't come back.
Anyway, they did not give a damn to my C class and S class, i sold them immediately. 1/2 million bucks spend with them and i got nothing but a bunch of excuses.
You are just the opposite.
Why not let them change your engine and see what is next. At least they are willing to take up the warranty.
try C&C, i doubt you get this type of treatment.
same thing here, 1/2 mil with PML, if they do the same to me, I will go to Lexus.
cool down and try them.

just my 2 cents.

good luck!
Old 05-24-2006, 07:36 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by e60subnet' post='286963' date='May 24 2006, 07:46 AM
Hi e60subnet

Squeaky doors - a problem most of us has one time or another after taking ownership of our rides. Anti-friction tape is the "standard" solution now despite their coming out with a "new" door seal. I was among the first few to have the seals changed to the "yellow dot" seals and the problem recurred after a few weeks :thumbsdown: Naturally, the tape went up again.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:10 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='286979' date='May 24 2006, 10:16 PM
not totally a walkie talkie, it is a mobile phone with push to talk functions and it can braodcast to everyone in the loop.
Its a system known as GRID. I met the Director some years back when I was on a tour in Australia. Its the same as a mobile phone with walkie talkie functions; I think its known as push talk.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:12 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='286905' date='May 24 2006, 05:59 PM
Nice meeting you too. What insurance company did you go with? Hope its not NTUC.

The 20s are up and the car looks good. Will not post pictures till probably Monday after my AC tail is also up and Russell had gone thru with some of his magic potion.

You're lucky your ride was not gang raped; that would have been terrible, with the rear torn apart and the nose pointing downwards!!! At least the last rapist was abit ignorant; he went from the side (just like the fighting fish mating ritual
Damn, my insurance is actually NTUC. Was told by the workshop guy to avoid NTUC at all cost. Hopefully I am successful in claiming againts the third party insurance, Liberty something. Afterall, the fault is declared as his. Now, I want to claim loss of use. Spent the entire day sorting out the accident claim paperwork.

wow, looks like your ride is going through total makeover. I think next time i see your car sure nose bleed liao.

Anyway, just pray that the workshop does a good job in the paint work. I have never impressed with PML work.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:21 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='286908' date='May 24 2006, 06:10 PM
Sorry to hear of your "rape" bro! Muz have been painful. Btw, some idiot molested my ride too..... Dont know what thrill he gets out of it but he only scratch my license plate with something sharp.

Wah juz realize...with my 101 post... I now promoted to Senior Member.... got medal or not har?
Hahaha...car molest quite often in Singapore. Always get cheeko cars parked next to you and got aroused and then created dents on our doors.

Looks like something trying to hump your ride and poke your plate but fail to penetrate..hahahaha.
Geez...turning this into R(A) topic.

Anyway, bodywork damage still not so heart pain, can always restore and no impact on performance. The more painful one is engine damage and that is definitely a major rape.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans