E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 08:33 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by e60subnet' post='286963' date='May 24 2006, 09:46 PM
Sorry to change the subject, but I just picked up car from PML. It was in for door noises, engine knocking sound and jerky shifting. Now for the door noise they actually glued some tape onto my car's body called "anti friction tape". I paid a quarter mil for this car and PML fixes this with tape? I asked them to remove it and resolve it better. For the engine knocking sound, first they changed the lifters, then the cams, then the tensioners and chain. Well guess what, now the "aftersales manager Henry Lim" is telling me they have to change the ENGINE because some coating on the cylinder walls are wearing off causing the pistons to move around. He is lying to me, he does not know what he is talking about at all. This is a 5 months old car, how can it be lah? And how many times do I have to take off from work to get a problem diagnosed the right way the first time? How many technicians are actually trained in Germany? It is a hassle to get a loan car, the last time they gave me a Toyota. Huh??? I paid a quarter mil for a BMW to get a Toyota as a loaner???
Owning this car is a big headache, soon I have to hire a assistant just to write my complaint letters. Instead of fixing my car they offer me gift certifcates and hampers. What business are they running?
Did any of you had simialar problems with thei cars? I would appreciate any shared thoughts lah.
I decided to buy a Mercedes, I feel like I live at PML. My wife is not very happy with them either.
Sorry for the long article, just felt good to share.
5 months old and all these? Sounds like you can argue on a "lemon" and take them to task. Your frustrations are not uncommon. PML always fix symptoms and not the root cause of the problem. Their method is by trial and error approach.

If I were you, I wont be bothered to deal with the manager at this stage, and go straight to the top guy. Sending you gift vouchers and hampers are in a way admitting selling you a bad car.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:45 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='287061' date='May 25 2006, 12:21 AM
The more painful one is engine damage and that is definitely a major rape.
More like the devil got your soul!!!
Old 05-24-2006, 04:47 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='286945' date='May 24 2006, 08:43 PM
No prob bro!

frankly, i do not find anything useful in that menu.

Really depends on your ride during programming.
1. they need to cool the engine before programming.
2. they need to go through step by step for each version of software to upgrade.
3. sometimes the computer refuse to be programmed and re-programming needed to go all over again.
the last time, my ride stays overnight just for programming, but worth it.
good luck!
Would I be able to quote your name to get better/more thorough service thru CSA Koh?
Old 05-24-2006, 04:53 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='286954' date='May 24 2006, 09:01 PM
no, i did it semi Diy with the help of our favourite installer Ah Boa.

i have all the above functions plus more functions...
Would you be keen to do it for another E60?

Looking forward to seeing your ride next Sat!
Old 05-24-2006, 04:56 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by SFL33X' post='287309' date='May 25 2006, 08:53 AM
Would you be keen to do it for another E60?

Looking forward to seeing your ride next Sat!
Ah Boa should be able to do it now, we learned and trial for awhile, call him and check whether he can help you.
.He is a nice guy to talk to, he will call me when he needs help.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:58 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by SFL33X' post='287308' date='May 25 2006, 08:47 AM
Would I be able to quote your name to get better/more thorough service thru CSA Koh?
I am not sure, but i am sure he is more reasonable than the rest i have had experienced before.
No harm trying right?
Old 05-24-2006, 06:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by lmk' post='287312' date='May 24 2006, 07:58 PM
I am not sure, but i am sure he is more reasonable than the rest i have had experienced before.
No harm trying right?
Just met him. After having to wait for more than 40 minutes from my appointment time, I was actually a bit p***ed. But he came across as quite an easy to engage person. I would say he is better at handling customers, no just lip servicing.

That's the first impression. Let's see how it goes from here.

Oh, btw, Lai, he jokingly said he was going to call you to "thank" you for introducing this type of "kang tao" to him.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Ovlivin530i, I see that you are on line. Have you had your locking problems solved? They still do not seem to know what is going on? One tech told me they just needed to reprogram it? But others seem not to know this?
Old 05-24-2006, 07:19 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Stranger' post='287342' date='May 25 2006, 10:55 AM
Oh, btw, Lai, he jokingly said he was going to call you to "thank" you for introducing this type of "kang tao" to him.
haha! maybe PML is not good at rewarding good SA, that is why most of them just do their mediocre levels.
having alot of customers does not mean bigger bonus for SA. Yet those AssH*les still get the same reward.
Just let him know, not only his bosses will know he is providing good service, BMW Asia will also know that!
Who knows....maybe he will be recommended to be posted to china for their new facility.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Zig
Senior Members

My Ride: E39 525i, E60 530i, F10

Originally Posted by lmk' post='286954' date='May 24 2006, 09:01 PM
no, i did it semi Diy with the help of our favourite installer Ah Boa.

i have all the above functions plus more functions...
What additional functions do you have? I like to DIY too. Are you using BMW's original monitor for your display?
I'm thinking of replacing this screen with a wide VGA touch screen but won't be able to access iDrive functions without the original BMW monitor. Is there a solution to this dilemma?

I read somewhere that the BMW monitor actually accepts composite video and I'll need a video converter box from Korea to display VGA images on it. The conversion from VGA to composite video will loose valuable resolution and makes reading of fine text difficult.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans