E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 07:01 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='292671' date='Jun 5 2006, 06:49 AM
Guys,

Guess What? With the above post, I have just been promoted to a full member in this forum It's a dream come true! I almost cry. And they are going to send me a miniature wing flaps!!

By the way, whose white E60 was it (no. 5000) at Ed's place on Sat. swee leh. I mean all yours are then swee but seldom see white color one so swee. Also, on the way to my friend place next Ed's home, I also saw the car no. 64. Completely M5 looks. Then swee also.

yep bugaboo s white is outstanding.dont look at it too much or else you would catch the mod virus like me and mod like seow..

there is another one.the great white that you must go to bvo and see blaaaaaaardy fierce with huge rims and red calipers.

that 64 means ..in cantonese lo sai...means big boss.at first i thought 64 mean road dead.that one got quad exhaust.think you guys with m5 kit must put on the quads.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:09 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='292610' date='Jun 5 2006, 04:22 PM
Hi Lai, got the big big mail via Gmail. When I get the nuvi, do I just copy the entire file into the SD card? I think the card that comes together with the nuvi is already preloaded with Europe Maps rite? Will there be sufficient memory to load another 7+MB or do I need to get another SD card?
The Nuvi will not come with any SD cards... the preloaded maps are in the main memory. Well, at least mine (Nuvi360) did not come with any...
Old 06-05-2006, 07:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='292560' date='Jun 5 2006, 01:28 PM
tataegoi,

i was talking to my German colleagues who is expert in tires, www.hofmann-ge.com
he said that other than PS2 and/or Goodyear F1-D3 is higly recommended for our rides, he suggested to me to take a look at the Dunlop Sport maxx. I have not tried it myself, but i am checking on prices, what sizes you need?
245/40/18. Thanks for checking.

Now I have 4 choices:
PS2 (Russo says its dry when wet)
F1 (Stranger swears by it)
RE050 (SE Tyre highly recommends this OEM for E60)
Sport Maxx (German's choice)

And on Satay Run, at 6.30am? I'd rather go Pierce and run one round and go Ed's mansion for satay, than to wake up at 6 on Sunday. I will join you guys next time when you start late morning.

Anyway, thanks Ed for your hospitality.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:12 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='292665' date='Jun 5 2006, 07:24 PM
All, given Ed's feedback, I am flex to go either one. Entering melaka town takes almost 1 hour from NS highway anyway. Both have great food for lunch. I know a few good makan places in Melaka, we can explore as well.

If no objection, I propose we still set off at 9am so that we arrive just in time for lunch.
Anything's fine for me. I've got a co-driver in Russo whilst my son's also got a pal going along. I'm quite comcerned with the rest who've gotta go solo. It'll be a very long and tiring drive especially with the 3pm sun in your face. It'll be a very different story if there's an overnight stay somewhere; then even Penang is not a problem.

I think, yeah, we settle for somewhere nearer like Malacca for this initial drive. Driving the N/S is highly boring anyway. Maybe next time we try the East Coast, end up staying at Club Med overnight before returning. That would really be fun.

9am is also okay. However, we'll have to be more alert as the shameless would have set up stall all along the highway. Just don't forget to bring more ringgit.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:56 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='292749' date='Jun 6 2006, 12:12 AM
Maybe next time we try the East Coast, end up staying at Club Med overnight before returning. That would really be fun.
i agree.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by Amethyst525iA' post='292717' date='Jun 5 2006, 11:09 PM
The Nuvi will not come with any SD cards... the preloaded maps are in the main memory. Well, at least mine (Nuvi360) did not come with any...
LMK, does this mean I have to quick quick go buy a SD Card? Please advice, what brand, what capacity, approximate cost....

As for the run up north, I have to give it a pass this weekend! Checked with the wifey yesterday and she has other plans on Sunday. Would've been nice break-in for the the nuvi
Old 06-05-2006, 05:31 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='292975' date='Jun 6 2006, 09:01 AM
LMK, does this mean I have to quick quick go buy a SD Card? Please advice, what brand, what capacity, approximate cost....

As for the run up north, I have to give it a pass this weekend! Checked with the wifey yesterday and she has other plans on Sunday. Would've been nice break-in for the the nuvi
Sd card comes in many forms, it is always nice to keep a couple of spares.
1GB cost about $50 each average, for refrence www.mobilesquare.com.sg

Lately, i buy both T flash and mini SD, both comes with a SD adaptor and can be used as a SD card
as alot of new gadgets can only take the smaller size cards. In the event if you need to use as an SD card, just slot mini card into the provided adaptor, it becomes a SD card immediately.

Brands like Kingston and Sandisk are the more popular and reliable ones.

I would love to go North with the guys too, but my travelling schedules....sigh.

Driving up via East coast is more fun, especially towards Club Med. After Kuantan, you will realise how important your Nuvi can be in a foreign land!
Most drivers can get lost after Kuantan and with a GPS on board, you felt like having a INS (inertial navigation system like F22 figther plane!) is guiding you all the way to the BEACH!
OH, By the way, there are a few good Claypot Bak Kut teh joints in the POI in Kuantan, one should not miss that too.

guys, when huh?
Old 06-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Zig
Senior Members

My Ride: E39 525i, E60 530i, F10

Originally Posted by 1628' post='292569
And on Satay Run, at 6.30am? I'd rather go Pierce and run one round and go Ed's mansion for satay, than to wake up at 6 on Sunday. I will join you guys next time when you start late morning.
I think most of us have no objections with 9am, so you join us this round, okay?

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='292665' date='Jun 5 2006, 07:24 PM
All, given Ed's feedback, I am flex to go either one. Entering melaka town takes almost 1 hour from NS highway anyway. Both have great food for lunch. I know a few good makan places in Melaka, we can explore as well.

If no objection, I propose we still set off at 9am so that we arrive just in time for lunch.
Agree. Do you know the names of the good makan places in Melaka? I'll see if I can find it in my GPS.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Senior Members

Nuvi 360 buyers:

our new toy which took the FedEx freighter from Tsuen Wan HK to Subic Bay PH to Singapore this morning... :'(

They have been stuck at Customs Clearance since 8:30am local time due to "Importer must provide import license/ permit required for clearance. from relevant regulatory agency(s)."

Never knew we need iDA or LTA approvals....

Can you guys check on your FedEx tracking website at www.fedex.com.sg and put in your article number as supplied by Expansys?
Old 06-05-2006, 06:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by SFL33X' post='292988' date='Jun 6 2006, 10:13 AM
Nuvi 360 buyers:

Can you guys check on your FedEx tracking website at www.fedex.com.sg and put in your article number as supplied by Expansys?
33, where go place to input article number at Fedex tracking website? And what is the article number?

Checked FedEx status... it says... "Package Data Transmitted to FedEx" on June 5, 2006 at 3:29 PM. Dont know what that means leh!

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans