Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Formula 1, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Yep.

Toyota and Brawn asked them if they are interpreting the rules correctly.
The answer was yes.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='848373' date='Apr 15 2009, 11:20 PM
Yep.
Toyota and Brawn asked them if they are interpreting the rules correctly.
The answer was yes.
So the FIA said but don't forget the Williams Team.

This weekend in China and the week after that in Bahrain Ferrari and McLaren*
will have a hard time, but in Europe (Spain, May 10th) everything will change,
but after that we have the Monaco GP...

(* = if the liars :thumbsdown: are still with the show)
Old 04-15-2009, 11:24 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

This interpretation of the rules has been going for decades. I vaguely remember hearing about the 1970's / 1980's Lotus John Player Special team coming out with a flat underbody piece to effectively suck the car to the circuit, which was ultimately detirmined as being non-conform with the regulations. Lots of teams have been penalised for overstepping the mark with their aero dynamics and others have benefitted from their innovations. Its business as usual in my mind with creative minds looking for competitive advantage.
But I agree with BetterMakeWay, its the time it took FIA to make a conclusive statement that is the big issue this time round :thumbsdown:

p.s. I've finally got my TV hooked up so can now also WATCH the race, rather than just read about it... bring on Sunday
Old 04-15-2009, 11:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='849018' date='Apr 16 2009, 12:24 AM
But I agree with BetterMakeWay, its the time it took FIA to make a conclusive statement that is the big issue this time round :thumbsdown:
That's not really the FIA's fault in fairness, the FIA did effectively clear the diffusers before the season began. Despite that, three or four of the teams lodged new protests to the race stewards at the first two races, and the stewards in both cases ruled that the diffusers were legal. The teams appealed against the steward's rejection of their protests, and it was these decisions that went before the FIA's appeal court. All that today's news confirms is that the teams were given the right info before the season began, and that it was their own reluctance to accept the inevitable that lead to these delays. So, once again, the teams have been told that the diffusers do and always did comply with the rules - and this time it's probably final...
Old 04-16-2009, 12:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Understood, that makes sense. As I wrote above I have not really been able to follow it as closely as I would like, so your incite is appreciated. I'm catching up slowly but surely
Old 04-16-2009, 01:07 AM
Senior Members

I don't think everyone has been following the complete story or just not getting the total unbiased news.

Ice and James are spot on with their analysis.

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='849018' date='Apr 16 2009, 12:24 AM
This interpretation of the rules has been going for decades.
Exactly, nothing new here.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d

Exit Dennis: Hamilton's mentor falls on his sword as 'liargate' inquest looms

Did anyone see that coming? hahaha... I DID!!!

And its long overdue. I would trust Madoff the banker than Ron dennis anyday. What a liar and frankly he set the way Mclaren works. I hope that once this lying man has left the scene, Mclaren pick up a new sense of attitude and work on winning the right way. I do feel under Whitmarsh and Haug, mclaren will be a good team for drivers and the staff too. But for that to happen then Ron Dennis needs to get lost 100% and not be lurking in the shadows as he might well try to do.

Man I am truly happy to see the day when the sponsors and possibly his partners telling Ron da Don to take a hike!!! All the sponsors need to ask themselves if they want such a liar running the team they are associated with.

cheers

ps: Ranault say they have a version of the PROPER diffuser design that Brawn cars are using ready to go on their cars. Now thats top notch work from that team. Lets hope they put it to good use and we see some real racing upfront with Button vs Alonso.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:23 AM
Senior Members

From what i understood so far i DO blame FIA for being incapable of making clear regulations. For example tt's one thing to say the wing has to be 335mm wide and that then wing can or should be 300-350mm wide. Totally different story! If FIA doesn't make sure all play fair and by the books then there is no point in the existence of FIA or the sport itself.

So as Dr. Theissen said FIA screwed up! Maybe they shouldn't have changed anything.... pfff what a bunch of jokers !!!
Attached Thumbnails Formula 1, 2009-aaa3.jpg  
Old 04-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='849170' date='Apr 16 2009, 04:23 PM
You're repeating yourself, so I do too...

No, FIA is NOT to blame!
The rules are good, they need to be interpreted correctly. Three teams did so, the others not.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:55 AM
Contributors

..does that count as a re-post?

Quick Reply: Formula 1, 2009