Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Formula 1, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

Originally Posted by littlemouse' post='839602' date='Apr 7 2009, 05:29 PM
It's probably me, but I couldn't find the quotes on your link that you are talking about
Keep clicking on the right arrow until "Theisen in Track Talk, No race for poor nerves.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='836739' date='Apr 5 2009, 07:52 AM
You could put Schumi in that car tomorrow, he would not win the race. Fact is they don't have the pace right now. Both Kimi and Massa have their hands full driving those cars, they look all over the place.
didn't mean to say I want Schumcaher back today. I think he did well to leave when he did although it left a void in my passion to watch races after that. Ferrari made too many changes I feel. Ross Brawn left, Jean Todt left, engine designer left all around the same time. Ferrari put in new people and the one I would love to see get the chop for last year disappointment and this year is that Stephano domeceli or what ever his name is. He is just all talk but frankly has no clue what it takes to win championships.

Ferrari needs a head thats 100% commited like jean todt used to me and one that leaves no stones unturned. The malaysia GP clearly shows how lacking the car development has been but worse, how bad they are on race day stratergy. What the hell were they thinking when they put rain tyres on Kimi's car when the track was BONE dry?

Tell me do you guys put winter tyres in summer? OR if you were going out with a girl your mates call the "village bicycle" (ie: a sure thing), do you guy put on your condoms as you leave the house for the date? I mean that was the worst call I have seen and I just could not believe it. That together with their planning for Qualifying Q1 shows how hopeless they are in stratergy. Ferrari bosses need to go in and sack a few people in the team. Honestly!!!

My observations of the race is this.
1) The brawn cars are so easy to drive. Just see how easy the streering inputs were needed. Even the other two teams with the diffuser were not so smooth.

2) Where is all the close racing we were promised with the new rules. Its no different from last year. Just replace Brawn cars with the name McLaren and say toyota with Ferrari. The rest were no where. Overtaking was done by Mclaren thanks to their KERS but then I didn't see any even teams or dicing at bends with one another. Well some of you will point out Webber and Lewis. PLEASE!!! Webber has no clue how to pass another driver and back off at the apex so that the other person cant carry momentum and pass him back. He needs to go back to racing school frankly.

3) I said it before and I will say it again. Get rid of KERS. Put a smaller aero in the front. Rely more on mechanical grip AND ban the current braking system. Its way too good and allows every one to brake just before the apex in such a short distance. They need to decrease braking efficiency so that drivers have to brake a lot more earlier and that gives rise to, He who dares, wins!!!!..

cheers
Old 04-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d

Some updates on the lewis the liar fiasco..

McLaren to appear at FIA hearing..Linky

So I guess Team Lewis is threatening to leave Team ROn Dennis BUT hey we can never tell who is telling the truth. Not like either party are known for honesty.

Whitmarsh denies Hamilton quit threat Linky

So Team Ron Dennis must be pretty worried everything may be going pear shaped so early in the season. Guess the only option is to show how serious they are against lying so they part company with the race manager Ryan. Now thats so Mclaren style. First lie about everything and when they get caught, put it all on one guy to take the fall. I recall the spygate issue when the engineer had to take the fall for Ron Dennis's blatant lies about how much they knew on leaked Ferrari data.

McLaren cuts ties with Ryan ... Linky

Gosh, when will this monkey outfit stop all this crap and just race with dignity rather than behaving like rats.

cheers
Old 04-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

its going to take Ferrari a long time to pick up.
Just too much going on in there team.
maybe like last year they will win some race later on in the season.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by littlemouse' post='839602' date='Apr 8 2009, 12:29 AM
It's probably me, but I couldn't find the quotes on your link that you are talking about
Here you go!
Attached Thumbnails Formula 1, 2009-aaa1.jpg   Formula 1, 2009-aaa2.jpg  
Old 04-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Week 17 Build, 2008 E60 535d M Sport - Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Automatic gearbox, Steering Wheel Heating, M Double Spoke 172 19" Mixed Wheels, Auto-Dim+Exterior Mirror, Comfort seats, Front Seat Heating, Aluminium Pentan interior trim,DAB Tuner, TV Function, BMW Individual Audio System 825W !!

Thanks for that BetterMakeWay
Old 04-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by littlemouse' post='840541' date='Apr 8 2009, 08:24 PM
Thanks for that BetterMakeWay
NP man
Old 04-15-2009, 01:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

I did not see this coming...

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/press...ica_150409.aspx

More FAIL by the FIA.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:31 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by Patrick E61' post='847802' date='Apr 15 2009, 11:44 AM

More FAIL by the FIA.
thanks for the link Patrick

...so this means the rest need to play catch-up with the 3 teams that have the "double diffuser", right?

It will be interesting to see what the reasoning is and whether it provides clarity on how the rule book should be interpretted
Old 04-15-2009, 04:27 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Patrick E61' post='847802' date='Apr 15 2009, 11:44 AM

More FAIL by the FIA.
Brawn and Toyota even asked the FIA before doing it and got the OK.
You can't overrule what you have previously said, therefore I DID expected this.

Great job by Brawn, Toyota and Williams.

ica.pdf
Source

Quick Reply: Formula 1, 2009