Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Formula 1, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 05:58 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d

And back to Lewis for the conclusion of the "lie'....

Linky..

"?I?m not a liar. I?m not a dishonest person.

?I?m a team player, and every time I?ve been informed to do something, I?ve done it.

?This time I?ve realised that it was a huge mistake, and I?m learning from it.
"

I am sure the actual truth is, Lewis got caught this time and the next he will learn to shut up, go to the team as soon as the race is over, get instructions on what lies Mclaren want to release to the press and as a team player when informed and does it,... LIE WITHOUT BEING CAUGHT OUT. !! ahahahahaha

Frankly Lewis just got caught out for what he really is and I just wonder how many more "I dont lie" has been done in the past. Didn't he have some excuse for driving dangerously behind the safety car in the rain before? YES lewis, we know, you don't do lies.

cheers

ps: sorry guys, opportunities like this don't come too often so I am compelled to have my laugh.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:01 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 E61 530i M-Sport Carbon Black, black Dakota leather, advantage, comfort and M-Sport package, comfort seats, sport automatic transmission, alarm system, rails, folding and auto dimming mirrors, PDC, xenons, hi-fi loudspeaker system, USB interface, detachable towbar, navi pro, bluetooth phone prep. light package.

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='835065' date='Apr 3 2009, 07:06 AM
Following on from what pigapumbu wrote above, I find that Formula 1 has simply become more complex -- for right and wrong reasons -- and in turn the viewing experience has also become more complex. If you simply try to follow F1 by tuning in once a week to watch the race, its just bland. If however you follow the developments, pre-sessions, qualifying, off screen developments/politics, you get the full picture and it becomes a lot more interesting. Its just a shame that all these changes / politics / rules have a tendancy of make a lot of the races pretty bland compared to the close side by side racing you get in WTCC or Porsche Cup... not to mention Super Bikes etc. As pigapumbu wrote above, the conflict between TV rights and FIA will continue to work against one another time and time again.
Well put mate!
Old 04-03-2009, 07:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Week 17 Build, 2008 E60 535d M Sport - Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Automatic gearbox, Steering Wheel Heating, M Double Spoke 172 19" Mixed Wheels, Auto-Dim+Exterior Mirror, Comfort seats, Front Seat Heating, Aluminium Pentan interior trim,DAB Tuner, TV Function, BMW Individual Audio System 825W !!

Originally Posted by pigapumbu' post='835104' date='Apr 3 2009, 02:58 PM
And back to Lewis for the conclusion of the "lie'....

Linky..

"?I?m not a liar. I?m not a dishonest person.

?I?m a team player, and every time I?ve been informed to do something, I?ve done it.

?This time I?ve realised that it was a huge mistake, and I?m learning from it.
"

I am sure the actual truth is, Lewis got caught this time and the next he will learn to shut up, go to the team as soon as the race is over, get instructions on what lies Mclaren want to release to the press and as a team player when informed and does it,... LIE WITHOUT BEING CAUGHT OUT. !! ahahahahaha

Frankly Lewis just got caught out for what he really is and I just wonder how many more "I dont lie" has been done in the past. Didn't he have some excuse for driving dangerously behind the safety car in the rain before? YES lewis, we know, you don't do lies.

cheers

ps: sorry guys, opportunities like this don't come too often so I am compelled to have my laugh.
Not a Hamilton fan then....
Old 04-03-2009, 07:04 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by pigapumbu' post='835076' date='Apr 3 2009, 02:49 PM
ps: is F1 on HD too? Didn't know that.
well the channel is HD and it shows F1, so I guessed that means F1 in HD Unfortunately my Danish is not good enough, to put it mildly, to be able understand all the small print on the providers website. I will find out soon enough and report back...
Old 04-03-2009, 07:25 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 E61 530i M-Sport Carbon Black, black Dakota leather, advantage, comfort and M-Sport package, comfort seats, sport automatic transmission, alarm system, rails, folding and auto dimming mirrors, PDC, xenons, hi-fi loudspeaker system, USB interface, detachable towbar, navi pro, bluetooth phone prep. light package.

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='835153' date='Apr 3 2009, 10:04 AM
well the channel is HD and it shows F1, so I guessed that means F1 in HD Unfortunately my Danish is not good enough, to put it mildly, to be able understand all the small print on the providers website. I will find out soon enough and report back...
I'm sorry but I don't think you will be able to watch F1 live in HD on danish television. TV2 Sport has sold their rights to show live F1 to Viasat (TV3 Puls) and they are not HD.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

you guys are very lucky that you can watch F1 live.
I have to download it the day after
Old 04-04-2009, 03:46 AM
Senior Members

So what do you guys think about the qualies? What happened to the mercs and ferraris?

Oh man i hope FIA does somthing quick enough to settle once and for all the diffuser issue. If the other teams would somehow know that FIA will reject their contestations then i bet they would jump on the diffuser and work as fast as possible. FIA made an interpretative regulation they should be the ones to fix it. ONE WAY OR THE OTHER!

What has F1 come to? Second hand teams leading the factory teams, teams with just one sponsor (Brawn) literally making the rules in the sport.... I am very disappointed.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:59 AM
Members

Massa didn't even make it to Q2 and is 16th on the grid. Kimi is 9th - probably the best Ferrari can do just now.........disappointing
Old 04-04-2009, 08:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='836012' date='Apr 4 2009, 04:46 AM
What has F1 come to? Second hand teams leading the factory teams, teams with just one sponsor (Brawn) literally making the rules in the sport.... I am very disappointed.
This is actually the best thing that has happened to F1 in years. Fans of F1 owe a huge debt to Brawn as he's shown what can be done on a figurative shoestring if you're smart about it. McLaren and Ferrari always threw dollars at these issues, Brawn devotes brains. Anyway, Ferrari and McLaren being (relatively speaking of course) 2nd tier teams at this point guarantees some excellent racing as the season progresses. You shouldn't be disappointed, you should be delighted! But Mr Brawn deserves an enormous amount of credit. My prediction is that his diffuser will be found to be absolutely legal - because he consulted the FIA technical board as it was being developed. Others just didn't think outside the box, and they have been outsmarted by one of the sharpest guys in the business.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by swajames' post='836151' date='Apr 4 2009, 07:02 PM
This is actually the best thing that has happened to F1 in years. Fans of F1 owe a huge debt to Brawn as he's shown what can be done on a figurative shoestring if you're smart about it. McLaren and Ferrari always threw dollars at these issues, Brawn devotes brains. Anyway, Ferrari and McLaren being (relatively speaking of course) 2nd tier teams at this point guarantees some excellent racing as the season progresses. You shouldn't be disappointed, you should be delighted! But Mr Brawn deserves an enormous amount of credit. My prediction is that his diffuser will be found to be absolutely legal - because he consulted the FIA technical board as it was being developed. Others just didn't think outside the box, and they have been outsmarted by one of the sharpest guys in the business.
Agree and somewhere disagree. I agree that competition between all the teams leads to a good sport and racing but i get the feeling that the issue with that diffuser is not so simple as you show it. IF FIA already approved the diffuser (or agreed as you say) than why do they need so much time to reject the contestations and thus officially approve it? We are well underway in the 2nd race and no solution has been issued to the problem! That way we can all accept it and get on with it and start do it for ourselves (speaking for behalf of the complainants).

Why not tell the complainants from the get go, look guys we have been already asked by Brawn and the other teams about this issue and we agreed to it because of this and that. Surely they were able to explain the reasons of acceptance SINCE THEY ALREADY ACCEPTED IT IN PRINCIPLE! And then if the issue was so clear on what really grounded facts would the complainants make their contestation? Clearly to make a proper and serious contestation at any level in any circumstance you have to do it based on one or more attack points!

Quick Reply: Formula 1, 2009