Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Formula 1, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 06:29 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

After reading Iceman's post above(thank you Iceman) and seeing the source link to the BraunGP website, I also saw the press announcement about them partnering with Virgin. My first thought was that its not really appropriate considering they just f***ed most of the big F1 teams , but joking aside I think its a very interesting team being put together. Richard Branson is also recognised for being innovative, so it will be interesting to see how the whole Braun GP team/package developes during the course of the year, i.e. on and off of the track. The big question is can they take this momentum through to the end of the season and whether they come back next season as a strong technical and financial contender. Interesting times...
Old 04-15-2009, 06:53 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Week 17 Build, 2008 E60 535d M Sport - Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Automatic gearbox, Steering Wheel Heating, M Double Spoke 172 19" Mixed Wheels, Auto-Dim+Exterior Mirror, Comfort seats, Front Seat Heating, Aluminium Pentan interior trim,DAB Tuner, TV Function, BMW Individual Audio System 825W !!

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='847946' date='Apr 15 2009, 03:29 PM
After reading Iceman's post above(thank you Iceman) and seeing the source link to the BraunGP website, I also saw the press announcement about them partnering with Virgin. My first thought was that its not really appropriate considering they just f***ed most of the big F1 teams , but joking aside I think its a very interesting team being put together. Richard Branson is also recognised for being innovative, so it will be interesting to see how the whole Braun GP team/package developes during the course of the year, i.e. on and off of the track. The big question is can they take this momentum through to the end of the season and whether they come back next season as a strong technical and financial contender. Interesting times...
If McLaren don't buck their ideas up this year, could it be Virgin Mercedes F1 race team next year.

Richard Branson seems keen to get into F1, and I can't see him wanting to be just a sponsor for too long, He'll want his own team!!
Old 04-15-2009, 10:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Patrick E61' post='847802' date='Apr 15 2009, 02:44 AM
I did not see this coming...

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/press...ica_150409.aspx

More FAIL by the FIA.
Nope, it's the right answer. Earlier in this thread a number of us predicted the outcome would be as it was.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Originally Posted by swajames' post='848212' date='Apr 15 2009, 09:05 PM
Nope, it's the right answer. Earlier in this thread a number of us predicted the outcome would be as it was.
Congrats!

I disagree!
Old 04-15-2009, 11:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package

Originally Posted by Patrick E61' post='848227' date='Apr 15 2009, 11:19 AM
I disagree!
Well, the FIA International Court of Appeal doesn't. And nor did the stewards at both of the races so far this season... Three teams just did a better job at interpreting the rules than the others. Most F1 observers predicted the three teams would win at the hearing, and so the verdict today really wasn't much of a surprise.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Patrick E61' post='848227' date='Apr 15 2009, 09:19 PM
Congrats!

I disagree!
I agree.. with you!

Anyway let's end this poor show as quickly as possible. What i don't understand is the following judgement: Why on Earth did FIA needed to wait till 15th of April, and 2 races, to "rule" or "find" what they already approved?! I mean how idiotic does this sound???

Why not tell the team(s), at the first hint of appeal, hey guys play along cuz we've already been informed and we've already agreed ! Cut the BS FIA ! You aimed at cost reductions and now fracking low life teams with only one sponsor get to do the rules, when all the other teams have to struggle to find fresh money to develop this "interpretation" of diffuser, all with restricted access to proper testing and wind tunnel. KERS anyone?! Damn with all the cost cutting BS!

Oh and i do agree with Dr Theissen. If the rules are not clear enough for everyone and there is room for interpretation, this isn't a sport anymore but more or less a fight based on luck, interpretations, and good lawyers. It becomes a "Court sport"!

And yes i do think that with races to go the top teams will adopt as best as possible this double diffuser and thus order should be reinstalled. Shame to FIA, that's all i got to say!
Old 04-15-2009, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Dr. Theissen...

Yeah... He's just saying this because he is mad at himself for not interpreting the rules correctly.
If he would be on the other side, he would now say the exact opposite.

Fact is, as everywhere, rules need an interpretion. Three teams did it right and even got the OK before doing so, because theya asked if they are reading and interpreting it right, the others didn't.
This is one of the very rare times FIA has done a great job!

Old 04-15-2009, 11:51 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='848288' date='Apr 15 2009, 12:22 PM
I agree.. with you!

Anyway let's end this poor show as quickly as possible. What i don't understand is the following judgement: Why on Earth did FIA needed to wait till 15th of April, and 2 races, to "rule" or "find" what they already approved?! I mean how idiotic does this sound???

Why not tell the team(s), at the first hint of appeal, hey guys play along cuz we've already been informed and we've already agreed ! Cut the BS FIA ! You aimed at cost reductions and now fracking low life teams with only one sponsor get to do the rules, when all the other teams have to struggle to find fresh money to develop this "interpretation" of diffuser, all with restricted access to proper testing and wind tunnel. KERS anyone?! Damn with all the cost cutting BS!

Oh and i do agree with Dr Theissen. If the rules are not clear enough for everyone and there is room for interpretation, this isn't a sport anymore but more or less a fight based on luck, interpretations, and good lawyers. It becomes a "Court sport"!

And yes i do think that with races to go the top teams will adopt as best as possible this double diffuser and thus order should be reinstalled. Shame to FIA, that's all i got to say!
Well, in fairness, they did... The only reason this went the way it did was because the other teams appealed, as they knew it was their only chance to get one last throw of the dice...
Old 04-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Yep!

Exactly!!

Old 04-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by swajames' post='848334' date='Apr 15 2009, 10:51 PM
Well, in fairness, they did... The only reason this went the way it did was because the other teams appealed, as they knew it was their only chance to get one last throw of the dice...
So... what you are saying is that FIA officially said that the double diffuser is legal even before the 1st race?

...cuz correct me if i'm wrong, the teams did not contest FIA's allegedly decision but they contested the use of the diffuser and the diffuser itself as per FIA regulations.

Quick Reply: Formula 1, 2009