Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Formula 1, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 10:42 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's wrong with BMW? This is pathetic.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:57 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bokke' post='859473' date='Apr 26 2009, 09:42 PM
Of course that was pathetic. No other word to describe best their act.

When will they ever understand really that doing extremely good in qualifying not only allow for a better start position but most important you leave the crowded pack and avoid race-ruining collisions. As far as i remember BMW had 50% 50% chances of getting through the first lap without incidents, which is terrible.

If they don't do something quickly to seriously boost their performance they might as well kiss 2009 goodbye (that's the same season they so much "prepared for" since end of 2008, leaving Kubica without support for the tittle run-up)

Let's hope they do get the new aero pack and start moving already!
Old 04-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Bokke' post='859473' date='Apr 26 2009, 09:42 PM
Formula One is the extreme high tech car racing genre.

BMW is so lost right now.

Maybe the BMW Sauber Team don't get the money they need from BMW Ag

Also Mercedes-Benz factory workers want the company to get off the F1.

The depression affects everything!
Old 04-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='859437' date='Apr 26 2009, 02:11 PM
To CWS530, this was a boring race.
+1 Except for Lewis' attempt to run with faster guys in the first 2 laps.........
Old 04-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='859519' date='Apr 26 2009, 10:19 PM
Formula One is the extreme high tech car racing genre.

BMW is so lost right now.

Maybe the BMW Sauber Team don't get the money they need from BMW Ag

Also Mercedes-Benz factory workers want the company to get off the F1.

The depression affects everything!
BMW is lost Ferrari is lost and Mclaren is lost too. So the best teams of last year they are all lost. And now their place it's been taken by 3 teams that were smart enough to walk the line. We no longer see the most important teams up there, but instead we are served some no name teams that rule the sport. And some say this is for the best!? I have to ask then: How is this for the best??? Essentially we are stuck with other three different teams that share victories and podiums. This is pathetic! We needed all the teams to fight for it, and really fight in a sporty environment not in Court.

And KERS is another stupidity that only allows for even more money expenditure and less driver input. Essentially if all the teams have it and it works 24*7 (which it doesn't btw/see Massa in Bahrain) then all the drivers will most probably use it at the same time, like one the straights. So there is not gain per individual driver whatsoever.

I'm really so disappointed with F1 !!! If not, races were more boring to watch than last year, but now we just have to bare the fugliness of those cars.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by hafnia' post='858482
Vettel is looking good for another win, maybe back to back. F*ck Toyota I hope they both blow up.
This is why I previously mentioned that with the current qualifying system, it isn't fair to the one thats really fast. Vettel in my books should have been on pole based on his position and fuel load assuming everyone one else was on the same. Instead we have two shite toyota cars (who we know really can't win anything) infront of vettel. Instead of seeing vettel close in the gap for championship points to button, we saw it all go up in smoke as vettel got held up behind the toyota. Toyota have a habit of spoiling race outcomes as in Brazil 2008. if I could swear on this forum, I would.

Originally Posted by Patrick E61' post='859200' date='Apr 26 2009, 01:50 PM
Wake me up when this is over...
Yes you are right,... it was another BORING race. Thank god I caught up on MotoGP and got my racing 'fix' watching Rossi, Lorenzo and the other 3 chaps behind them. Thats what we call racing and not the Playstation racing we now have in F1. Even a car faster/better could not really pass the guy infront.

Its the first 10 laps and the last 2 laps that are truly worth watching in F1 these days. The whole middle bits are a total bloody waste of my time. Overtaking done in the pits or because some have KERs and even with the latter, they could not really pass. Limit the braking system I say so we can have real racing.

I am just going to record the future races (for my own collection as I believe Vettel will be a true champion in time and want to build my DVDs F1 races for that purpose. I regret not ever doing that while Schumacher was racing), then watch the beginning and end.

cheers
Old 04-28-2009, 04:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='858521' date='Apr 25 2009, 05:55 PM
How KERS affects your viewing I have no earthly idea.

I like this qualifying system because it forces all the cars out of the pits & unto the track, no sitting watching TV by the top drivers until the last minute. But, I agree that the fastest time of the qualifying session should be for Pole. So the change I would make would be:
Q1) Prime tires only (if dry) & all cars start with the same (heavy) fuel load, with the 5 slowest knocked out.
Q2) Again, prime tires only but now all remaining teams must lock in (and declare) their fuel loads for the start of the race. Top ten fastest move on to Q3.
Q3) Whatever tire & fuel load you want, fastest guy gets P1 and yes, 1 championship point & pole becomes the 2nd tiebreaker. (1st, most wins.)
Its unfair and yet again we cant really say who is best team and driver. In my view if KERs was needed, then FIA should have got some company to design it specifically for KERs and then all teams have to buy one standard for their cars. Much like how the fuel rigs can only come from Bernie or the ECUs from Mclaren.

When I watch my F1 racing, I am not interested in KERs but only three things count. Driver, Engine and team... in that order. KERs... who gives a sh!T?? (WGAS)
Forced to use tyres that aren't suited to the track (soft-hard) -- WGAS
Forced to pit for fuel -- WGAS
Can't defend position by blocking -- WGAS
Gearbox to last 4 races -- WGAS
Engine to last 2 races -- WGAS
Limited car testing -- WGAS
Many other stupid rules -- WGAS

To cut costs, all they needed was simple rules. No special metals in engine design, limit revs, no qual engines etc. KERs is more expense to a team to design and I am sure it will not be around for a long time. It would have been better for FIA to limit engine size but insist all teams use Turbos. At least that technology could end up in our cars one day.

I want to see real racing between drivers but now its kinda predictable when a car comes up behind with KERs or at the start, did you see how cars with KERs got ahead then those without? Might as will bring back Traction Control for the start!
cheers
Old 04-28-2009, 07:50 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='859437' date='Apr 26 2009, 01:11 PM
To CWS530, this was a boring race.
HAHA Ric! You just don't understand F-1 since it's so technical! Just kidding man. BTW: agree 100% -Calvin
Old 04-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='861542' date='Apr 28 2009, 06:50 PM
HAHA Ric! You just don't understand F-1 since it's so technical! Just kidding man. BTW: agree 100% -Calvin
The technical high point in Bahrain where the tires. Toyota did a huge mistake with them (the harder ones
for stint two), that affected the whole outcome of the podium.

The other one was Ferrari's f**k up changing Kimi's tires for the second time.
It gave Barrichello the fifth place.

The third point was the KERS, it gives the cars with it a hell on an edge in the start and at overtakings.

Fourth point was Kovalainen's wrong front spoiler and the harder compound tires in the start.
That did spoil his race. Lewis only gets the new parts.

Both Alonso and Button burned their asses do to the extreme heat, both Brawn GP cars was close
to explode.

Alonso even fainted after the race, do to a high-tech problem with his drink system...
Old 04-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 E61 530i M-Sport Carbon Black, black Dakota leather, advantage, comfort and M-Sport package, comfort seats, sport automatic transmission, alarm system, rails, folding and auto dimming mirrors, PDC, xenons, hi-fi loudspeaker system, USB interface, detachable towbar, navi pro, bluetooth phone prep. light package.

Originally Posted by pigapumbu' post='861416' date='Apr 28 2009, 07:41 AM
Its unfair and yet again we cant really say who is best team and driver. In my view if KERs was needed, then FIA should have got some company to design it specifically for KERs and then all teams have to buy one standard for their cars. Much like how the fuel rigs can only come from Bernie or the ECUs from Mclaren.

When I watch my F1 racing, I am not interested in KERs but only three things count. Driver, Engine and team... in that order. KERs... who gives a sh!T?? (WGAS)
Forced to use tyres that aren't suited to the track (soft-hard) -- WGAS
Forced to pit for fuel -- WGAS
Can't defend position by blocking -- WGAS
Gearbox to last 4 races -- WGAS
Engine to last 2 races -- WGAS
Limited car testing -- WGAS
Many other stupid rules -- WGAS

To cut costs, all they needed was simple rules. No special metals in engine design, limit revs, no qual engines etc. KERs is more expense to a team to design and I am sure it will not be around for a long time. It would have been better for FIA to limit engine size but insist all teams use Turbos. At least that technology could end up in our cars one day.

I want to see real racing between drivers but now its kinda predictable when a car comes up behind with KERs or at the start, did you see how cars with KERs got ahead then those without? Might as will bring back Traction Control for the start!
cheers
+1!!!

They have changed the rules, qualifying ect. several times during the past years and I can hardly recall F1 being as boring as it is now!!

Quick Reply: Formula 1, 2009